Your day's wildlife

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave 123

Legendary Member
And today too...

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Looks like our rose's need a bird visit

figbat

Slippery scientist
Over the last few days we have suddenly started seeing pure white pigeon/dove things - three or four together. We've never seen them before but now see them several times a day. They are pure white, you'd call them doves but they are more the size of a pigeon. They tend to hang around with other, normal-coloured birds of a similar type (see picture).

I wonder if they are from one of these trite "bird releases" that signify peace and love (and genetic engineering through selective breeding)?

1588762111822.png

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Looks like our blue tits have hatched. How are yours doing @slowmotion ?
View attachment 520419
That's wonderful! Congratulations. I love their eager open mouths. My lady's eleven eggs are still being incubated. From what I've read, that process lasts 13 days from the penultimate egg being laid which puts hatching at about May 10th.
Wishing yours all the best.

Hicky

Guru
Can anyone shed any like on why the birds don’t like the green feeder but happily empty the black one? As a control we’ve had the feeders in the same positions with the same food and the green one goes untouched. It’s empty in the pic as I’ve stopped using it. We use these so the songbirds and sparrows get some good rather than jackdaws and pigeons.

ren531

Über Member
Saw a deer this morning cycling to work near Lancaster I had just crested a hill and it was in the middle of the road about 50 yards away ,I stopped and the deer just looked at me for a few seconds before disappearing into some trees beside the railway line ,great moment on a sunny and very quiet morning .

philk56

Guru
I had to stop on my bike ride today to watch this feeding frenzy on the river (Swan River, Perth). Unfortunately I only had my phone with me, which doesn't have a great camera. Mainly Little Black Cormorants, with help from gulls and pelicans. These events occur fairly frequently, particularly in the cooler months in my experience, but this was the largest I have seen - there must have been over a thousand cormorants zig-zagging across the river. Quite a sight!

Top Bottom