Your day's wildlife

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
A family of swans this morning

geocycle

Legendary Member
This beauty arrived in my garden this morning and delayed my departure by an hour! I think it is a Yellowhammer but did also wonder about a Siskin. Any experts? Edit: the local birders tell me it’s a hybrid canary, or maybe they re winding me up!

Last edited:

Nigeyy

Legendary Member
I think I am becoming obsessed with humming birds. We can now identify about 5 different ones -the big one, the darter, the one with spots on, the little one and silvery grey one. Now and again two come at once -and they don't like that, results in a lot of darting and both of them disappearing. If I am patient, I can stand at the window and be no more than an arms length away. Sometimes we leave the window open and hear the low buzz of their wings so we know when they are there. It is the most beautiful restful noise.... I just wish I had a better camera! Here is the darter, taken about 10 minutes ago:

IMG_20200721_195840806.jpg

IMG_20200721_195810769.jpg

Alex H

Legendary Member
6 Herons

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
This beauty arrived in my garden this morning and delayed my departure by an hour! I think it is a Yellowhammer but did also wonder about a Siskin. Any experts? Edit: the local birders tell me it’s a hybrid canary, or maybe they re winding me up!

View attachment 537322 View attachment 537323
It's an escaped canary of some sort. Definitely not a UK wild species

velo.mouse

Wondering if there's sufficient interest on here to keep a thread going on what wildlife we've come across during the day, out on the bike, in the garden, from work, whatever.
Recent encounters for me were a ladybird on Sunday and a sparrowhawk on my way to work yesterday.
My Squirrels know something is up....
They too are social distancing themselves while feasting around the sacred picnic table..

Attachments

• IMG_20200721_180125626.jpg
    IMG_20200721_180125626.jpg
    254.6 KB · Views: 8
Top Bottom