Your day's wildlife

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

albal

Guru
Been really lucky to have the Black Throated Diver in the harbour for a few weeks. When not working i manage to get to see it.
It is there honest..

Attachments

• PXL_20240126_142158444.jpg
    PXL_20240126_142158444.jpg
    227.5 KB · Views: 13

Asa Post

Super Iconic Legend
A reasonably good Big Garden Birdwatch, with most of the usual species making an appearance, and a bonus redwing.

The best bird of the day was my first ever clear sighting of a rose-ringed parakeet, but that was in the local park a few hours later, so I can't count it. I knew they were about, and think I've seen them a couple of times, but that was a silhouette high in a tree against a grey sky. Today, I took some binoculars and was rewarded with a good view of one perching and preening.

notmyrealnamebutclose

Is it common for blackbirds to hang off suetball feeders for just 5 seconds or so. They are clearly not designed nor comfortable
trying to balance whilst sometimes violently swinging around stabbing like fury at the feast but amusing to observe

Tail End Charlie

Well, write it down boy ......
My results for the garden birdwatching were - goldfinches, long tailed tits, coal tits, blue tits, great tits, greenfinch, robin, greater spotted woodpecker, magpie, mismatch, blackbird and a treecreeper.

gbb

Legendary Member
A trip out to Eldernell washes on the edge of the Fens with my grown son .
20240203_153527.jpg

Short eared owl I was told, it had quite a gathering of watchers. A bit too distant to get a good photo but...
And further down, a long eared owl, beautiful looking through a kind fellas scope, I vouldnt even pick it out with binoculars. Like the other, it was low in dense scrub.

Lots and lots of wildfowl, light not quite hood enough to enjoy it through our equipment.
A nice walk and fresh air for an hour

Top Bottom