Your Favorite Cycling Quote

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
A woman needs a man like a fish needs a bicycle.

(love '70s feminism!)
The Geordie version us two separate statements...

"A woman needs a man, like, a fish needs a bicycle!

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
A bicycle does get you there and more.... And there is always the thin edge of danger to keep you alert and comfortably apprehensive. Dogs become dogs again and snap at your raincoat; potholes become personal. And getting there is all the fun. Bill Emerson.

fc,550x550,white.jpg

OP
OP
Cycleops

Cycleops

Legendary Member
What a coincidence!

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
"This is an imperfect world of joy and sorrow mingled. There may be a better land where bicycle saddles are made out of rainbow, stuffed with cloud; in this world the simplest thing is to get used to something hard." Jerome K Jerome. Three men on the Bummel

alans

black belt lounge lizard
There has been a couple of memorable comments....

"It's downhill all the way to the top of this hill Alan" Russell of Stourbridge BUG

"I've not yet met a hill I can't walk up".I forget who said it & where & when but it was a companion on an audax ride.

"On a bike?" asked of me,dressed in lycra & pushing my bike into Reception by the owner of a hotel on the Lizard Peninsula when told that I'd travelled from John O'Groats.

"Nice ar$e" from a young woman in the drivers seat of a ragtop whilst we were stationary at traffic lights.

"Is that a bannana guard or are you happy to see me?". I'm not saying which lovely lady who is well known on another cycling forum.

Top Bottom