Your ride today.... (part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
No, just hill climbs !!!
Will continue Time Trialling, which although I'm not the quickest I really enjoy :smile:
Well done for giving it ago though :thumbsup:
1.7 miles with the Mrs on her new hybrid. She did well with a few wobbles, and working out her 21 gears (triple). Her saddle is too low and she doesn't want to put it higher :frown

I am a 5'4 female who went for a bike fit and my saddle was raised so that only my tip toes touch the floor.Made so much difference to my whole ride and I can now climb hills pretty well.

Doesn't mean i like them though.

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
1.7 miles with the Mrs on her new hybrid. She did well with a few wobbles, and working out her 21 gears (triple). Her saddle is too low and she doesn't want to put it higher :frown
I know that getting the saddle height right is the main advice I usually give for newbies, but in this instance perhaps it would be best letting be for the first few rides until she's got a bit more confidence in the bike.:thumbsup:

Kies

I know that getting the saddle height right is the main advice I usually give for newbies, but in this instance perhaps it would be best letting be for the first few rides until she's got a bit more confidence in the bike.:thumbsup:

Absolutely Phil. This is her first bike in 30 years,so i don't want her to be put off, she did okay and once has a few miles on the bike i will move it up a little at a time.
She got quite a kick from using my Garmin LOL

Old Plodder

Living at the top of a steep 2 mile climb
Absolutely Phil. This is her first bike in 30 years,so i don't want her to be put off, she did okay and once has a few miles on the bike i will move it up a little at a time.
She got quite a kick from using my Garmin LOL
Bottom bracket will be higher, & likely the cranks will be too long as well, (should be approx one fifth of inside leg measurement).

potsy

Rambler
41 miles today which was supposed to be a gentle pootle as we had a newcomer who hadn't been on a bike for 'years' unfortunately they decided it was a bit too much for a first ride so we went for a semi-pootle instead.

Coffee in Wilmslow, at least I think it was coffee looked more like a dessert ^_^

eat or drink.jpg

A more traditional Sunday latte for me

40.jpg

4 different Garmins couldn't agree on the amount of climbing, somewhere between 800 and 1500ft is best guess :unsure:

statue.jpg

D

Deleted member 1258

It was supposed to be a rest weekend this weekend, I was planning to take the Mrs out today, but we went out yesterday and I did a little short ride today, 57 miles out to Middleton Hall, long way out short way home, nice sunny day but very windy, met up with 3 lads I know but don't normally ride with, rode part way back with them, I was fine except when we were climbing then they rode away from me:sad: and I was having to sprint after them once we got over the top, great fun ^_^ and a good morning out on the bike.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Just under 63 miles with the "medium" pace mercia club run heading from Burton upon Trent to the Alton Towers area with an average of 17.8 mph .
Good run and some fun hills, well i asked it we could go down and come back up but no one seemed interested :tongue:.
Lady rider whos husband also rides with the club needed a word as her shorts were so thin they were see through , good job her other half was not there as he might have taken offense.Much as i like looking at a toned female derrier its not good manners to stare at the ass of a club mate to much ( and the wife would kill me )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom