Your ride today.... (part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I have some terrible news to share guys.......

It's winter!!!!
panic-smiley.gif

Honest! :unsure:

THERE WAS FROST ON THE GRASS WHEN I WALKED THE DOGS THIS MORNING! THERE WAS FROST ON SOME PARTS OF THE ROAD AS WELL.. AND MY TOES WENT BLUE AFTER ONLY 13 MILES RIDE TO WORK!!! :cold:

Other than that it was lovely and sunny and so beautiful I nearly stopped at the top of the hill to take a picture. Nearly! But that would mean I'd have to take my gloves off so I decided against it... [wuss]

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
Hope your blue fingers matched your bike and kit :whistle:

ScotiaLass

Guru
10 miles this morning, another lone ride (my 19 yr old seems to prefer his bed to my early starts!)
Yet another close encounter with the local wildlife...this time a buzzard with a mouse in his beak! :ohmy:
Bit of a head wind on the way home and made it up the cemetery hill with 2 stops....am getting there - I used to walk up the hill :laugh:

Went onto the canal towpath again - wet and muddy....loved it! However the semi slicks only just coped with a couple of really muddy/grassy/rough areas....I may need to change them if I'm going to keep this up :rofl:
To think I wasn't going to go out this morning as I have an appointment at 1pm, and then changed my mind at the last minute.
Glad I did - I enjoyed it so much!

matthat

Über Member
Feel a bit guily as i've not posted what I call a proper ride for a while!:addict: Done the daily work ride and some sub ten mile local bits and pieces.
I bumped into my cycling chum in work yesterday (we only cross paths on shifts as we don't work together) so looking out the window and the :sun: was cracking the flags so he said ride tomorrow?? Most definitely if its like this. (weds is both our day off for this reason). So 10am arranged and agreed in Woolton village, So we headed off via Halewood and Tarbuck Green and Widnes to cross the bridge over the river Mersey into Runcorn. Then off down the rabbit warren of cycle tracks through Runcorn towards Sutton Weaver then off down the Chester rd towards Frodsham where we turned off to go out over the lanes. Lunch stop was at the Stonehouse B&B http://www.stonehousefarmbandb.co.uk/ doesn't look like a pit stop but my mate was positive they were happy to serve. And serve they did
DSC_2154[1].jpg

My mate Steve tucking in!!
Off from there out through the middle of Delamere Forest then back round to runcorn and over bridge and this time we rode down the cyclepath on the Mersey to Pickerings pasture and up through Hale to the back of Liverpool Airport and thats pretty much as good as home.
http://www.strava.com/activities/94859525

Enjoyable day and thighs suitably aching!! :tired:

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
Lovely sunny day today. I rode through some little narrow lanes up and down some steep hills with a pal. Those lanes were quite tricky due to mud and wet laeves so it was take your time timre. Super colours on the trees and the ford we rode through wasn't very deep. Then up and over May Hill to the cafe at Huntley. Beans on Toast and Tea before taking a flatter route back along the Hams. Lots of geese on the floods there. Last 2 or 3 miles the juice ran out and a snail's pace was all I could muster. Another super ride and 70 smiles in the bag.

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
Same as last nights ride, but a bit earlier and that made a big difference in the amount of traffic, My average speed dropped by just over 1mph, but this time of year am not trying to break any records, it's just good to be able to get out and ride, and as a bonus the roads have been dry for the last couple of evenings, so not to much bike cleaning.^_^

Biker Joe

Über Member
A blustery 12 mile ride this morning. From Roydon, Essex to Widford, Hertfordshire.
The wind was nasty with a significant wind chill factor but it got me out of the house for a while.
I was glad to get back home though

Widford ride 01.jpg

View at Widford.
Widford ride 02.jpg

Widford ride 03.jpg

Dressed against the chill.

ScotiaLass

Guru
11 miles. Horrendous head/cross winds and I felt like turning back after 3 miles!!
My 19 yr old son wimped out at 4 miles and went home....no stamina, the young!!
I didn't ^_^

Uneventful ride, met a lovely fellow cyclist at one of my stopping points and we stood and chatted for 15 mins.
Husband let me borrow his new toy, a video camera, to try out, so we'll see if I can get any footage of the ride up later!

Finally picked up the courage to get back on my bike after snapping my coccyx 6 weeks ago. Not the first time I have injured it, but this time it seems to have healed better than previously. Anyhow, today was simply down to the dr's in town and straight back - 13 miles or so. Nothing too difficult once the fist hazzard of the day (and last) was negiotated. My lane is a sea of mud & leaves and is single track with nasty speed bumps that can't be avoided and resemble a steeple chase hurdle with a water splash on the otherside... A gentle fight against the wind, rain and hail... why was my appointment not yesterday when it was lovely and sunny?
http://www.strava.com/activities/95016546

ScotiaLass

Guru
Well finally managed to get back on a bike today after 2 years of complications over a knee replacement .Was a bit wary of it being a road bike (always had mountain) but it was so easy to ride,just to get used to where the gears are now..Only managed a couple of miles but its a start .

Well done!
I found getting back on the bike was the hardest part (and I haven't had knee surgery!)
Slow and sure!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom