Your ride today....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Day off work household chores done ,hour to spare so out with the bike off through Newtown Linford passed Bradgate park and right on Ulverscoft lane lane swung left on to Pollybotts lane ( at @Supersuperleeds suggestion ,you can go off people) up the climb slowly but steady loads of people visiting national trust place today. Still dont know if I love this climb or hate it but I keep doing it .swung a left at the crossroads over the a50 into Markfield and turned to Thornton left you into the village then left down past the resevior and back to Markfield and downhill back to Newtown Linford and home . 13.5 miles done at 14.2 mph .bit chily in short sleeves as the sun decided to hide behind the clouds just when you think summers hear the weather changes again.

I never suggested you go up it, just asked if you have :whistle:. I've only done it the once and for this hill avoider that is enough.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Tomorrow might be a good opportunity to take the MTB's for a look at @Hacienda71 hill.
A day late but we got out today for our MTB ride.
Started in Ashton and wound our way around to Hartshead Pike from the west side. 9yr old did a sterling job of riding up Lily Lane right to the rocky top without stopping once :bravo:
upload_2015-4-16_15-0-49.png
And continued to ride up the path to the Pike.

After a short breather we dropped towards Top Mossley to take a look @Hacienda71 Hill. Glad to report no slips or casualties here, as expected :laugh:
upload_2015-4-16_15-3-25.png

upload_2015-4-16_15-20-21.png

upload_2015-4-16_15-7-35.png

And a quick stop for lunch before dropping down some of the hidden paths and alleys of Mossley to the canal for the return trip through Stalybridge to home. An enjoyable 10.5 miles in the sunshine :okay:

13 rider

Guru
Day off work today so decided to get up nice and early and do another imperial century. I combined a super extended commute to work route and then tagged on the normally Sunday ride I do with our lass. Was cloudy all morning but warm and a very light wind, fairly flat route with only 2,800 feet of climbing over just shy of 104 miles.

https://www.strava.com/activities/286461262

I never suggested you go up it, just asked if you have :whistle:. I've only done it the once and for this hill avoider that is enough.
You do the miles and I'll do the hills .

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
A day late but we got out today for our MTB ride.
Started in Ashton and wound our way around to Hartshead Pike from the west side. 9yr old did a sterling job of riding up Lily Lane right to the rocky top without stopping once :bravo:
View attachment 85838 And continued to ride up the path to the Pike.

After a short breather we dropped towards Top Mossley to take a look @Hacienda71 Hill. Glad to report no slips or casualties here, as expected :laugh:
View attachment 85839
View attachment 85842

View attachment 85840
And a quick stop for lunch before dropping down some of the hidden paths and alleys of Mossley to the canal for the return trip through Stalybridge to home. An enjoyable 10.5 miles in the sunshine :okay:
Thats not muddy. :tongue:

Licramite

Über Member
Just got back from Lulworth cove - its 60miles from home (heytesbury), bit wiggly to avoid major roads and minor ones that deadly (big loop from wool to durdle dor to avoid bad road into Lulworth.

andyfraser

Über Member
I went for a longer commute home today. The weather wasn't as good as it has been so I opted for a 13 mile route. If I thought I'd found the mother of all hills (for this area) on Tuesday I found the grandmother today! I think I over did it a bit because I started to get a pain on the right side of my back after getting to the top.

I took a wrong turn to the main road and ended up going a little further along the A road than I'd have liked. I got to what should've been a quiet country road but turned out it was used as a rat run in the evening. My back was really hurting now so I was very relieved when I saw the sign saying I was approaching an 11% descent.

I managed my fastest ever speed of 43.3 mph here! That was exhilarating.

I was glad to reach the M4 junction though and have a rest in the traffic for a few minutes. I felt much better after this and had a nice run home.

The only thing that spoilt the last half was an idiot who pushed between my right side and the left side of a car as we approached a set of lights on the dual carriageway. What really took the biscuit was I was in primary roughly where the driver of a car would be! I have no idea how he fitted in there. He had to stop when he encountered a car much closer to the centre lane line. I carried on passed, the lights changed and I was off.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Quick 15mile on my road bike,first outing on the bike this year.
usual hurting neck and shoulders...im not sure im a roadie..
3hrs at the weekend on my mtb and just tired so I may sell the sensa..
Assuming the cables are long enough, why not try flipping the stem? It is a 5 minute job which can make a big difference. It would lift the bars and bring them back slightly, which might make all the difference. I have done it on both of my road bikes because I am not flexible enough to be comfortable with the stems parallel to the ground.

Levo-Lon

Guru
Assuming the cables are long enough, why not try flipping the stem? It is a 5 minute job which can make a big difference. It would lift the bars and bring them back slightly, which might make all the difference. I have done it on both of my road bikes because I am not flexible enough to be comfortable with the stems parallel to the ground.

ive tried all ways @ColinJ
short stem long stem upside down ,bars up ect
im looking at maybe a flat bar combo atm as that would maybe do it..but its the weight forward I think thats loading my neck and shoulders
my mtb bikes are almost level seat to bar and im going to struggle to get that with the Sensa frame.

maybe a few more rides will help but ive always had this from motorbikes since I was about 35..age and getting decrepid . Lifes a bugger

Levo-Lon

Guru
Ah, more radical surgery required then ...

How about using one of THESE as well?

I'm almost sure that you would need longer cables too.

hmmm I could but im a "Its got to look right for me to be happy riding it" suprised im still with the wife :laugh: If she ever reads this? Oh bloody hell
But all things aside a different frame design may work so the headset is higher ? Like a spesh alenze type ..

Top Bottom