Your ride today....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
No rides this weekend
Mrs CK in hospital suspected viral inner ear infection she cant stand due to loss of balance and not eaten for a few days due to nauea, given her history with TIA strokes they have transferred her to the stroke unit and they are doing a scan on Monday

Last edited:

pawl

Legendary Member
No rides this weekend
Mrs CK in hospital suspected viral inner ear infection she cant stand due to loss of balance and not eaten for a few days due to nauea, given her history with TIA strokes they have transferred her to the stroke unit and they are doing a scan on Monday

Sorry to hear that.Hope Mrs CK feels better soon.

Elysian_Roads

No rides this weekend
Sorry to hear that @cyberknight, hope Mrs CK's infection clears up quickly.

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
No rides this weekend
Sorry to hear that. Best wishes to Mrs CK for a swift recovery.

Dave 123

Legendary Member
A ride out by myself this morning on my Cube. There was a strong blustery wind from the south west, so I ended up in Gamlingay for the third time in 4 days!

I spooked a nice buzzard from a tree, and I saw some saddle back pigs too!

https://www.strava.com/activities/1845007691

26 miles that were warm and blowy

119E7A00-B7A7-44A1-B96B-4F242F01494F.jpeg

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
A cracking day for a tandem ride out. It started a bit rubbish though, there must be a diversion on the A14 and traffic was heavy for the first 3/4 miles.
Once we turned off for Bourn it was back to normal. It was cool in the shade and lovely in the sun.

The blackberries were as sweet as me!
View attachment 430154

Our destination was Ashwell in Hertfordshire, but it was a reverse of the usual route. Once beyond Gamlingay things were looking familiar, but t’other way around.

We stopped at St John the Baptist church in the tiny village of Cockayne Hatley

View attachment 430155
View attachment 430156
View attachment 430157
Then we rode through Central Bedfordshire before coming back into Cambridgeshire, with a view into Hertfordshire and a view of Ashwell church in the distance
View attachment 430158
We sat in the sun on a bench in the churchyard and ate our pastry, it were good!
View attachment 430159

Ashwell has some nice buildings
View attachment 430160

On to Steeple Morden. We were last here in April and the church spire was covered in scaffold. Well, today it looked lovely with its new cedar shingle roof
View attachment 430161
Not long after this we bumped into another tandem couple, we stopped for a chat.
Heading for Meldreth and Shepreth somebody near me mentioned tea.... I knew of a tea room she didn’t know about in Shepreth, all thatched roof and sunny garden
View attachment 430162
Carrot cake was good!

Barrington village was looking nice in the sun before we went up and over the hill
View attachment 430163
Home via The Eversdens, I swallowed a fly and nearly had to puke to get the bugger out, I was going up hill too!

A lovely 48 miles.

https://www.strava.com/activities/1843024109

Once home I jumped on my Spa tourer to ride into Cambridge as we’ Been to a wine tasting at my work, we tandemed home last night, the car was left there until this afternoon

https://www.strava.com/activities/1843138364

Another 5.5 miles.

Used to live in Steeple Morden a lifetime ago. Thanks for the memories

No rides this weekend

Pawsies crossed for the OH xxx

Donger

Convoi Exceptionnel
My first club ride for a month today. Coped with the increase in pace, but was last of the nine of us up Cam Pitch despite all my recent climbing. It seems I don't climb any faster than I did before .... I've merely developed an ability to hang in there, suffering for much longer than most. Anyway, wasn't too far behind, and loved the social side of the ride, chatting with @Dark46 and everyone else in turn as we rode, and trying out a new café at the half way point. I can recommend the Yurt Café in the grounds of Berkeley Castle, by the way. Great cakes and nice coffee in unusual surroundings. 42.9 mostly flat miles done today, with less than 900 feet of climbing. Back in the groove and ready for next week's audax now.
Enjoy your rides. Cheers, Donger.

Katherine

Guru
No rides this weekend
Hope she will be better soon.

Dave 123

Legendary Member
No rides this weekend

That must be horrible. I hope she’s on the mend quickly.

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
C7FBC386-E5A8-41CB-A7D7-B30A843CEFC1.jpeg
18815396-B067-42A5-8703-C582921DAB8F.jpeg

A nice day in North Yorkshire so out on my bike at lunchtime. Most of my usual routes are as flat as a flat thing but boy do you get punished when it’s really windy. The first 12 miles were great with several PB’s on Strava, I was flying!
The last 15 miles were into an energy sapping headwind!
Still a lovely ride out, 27 miles in total with an average of 15.7 mph.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
No rides this weekend

I hope Mrs Ck makes a speedy recovery.

Top Bottom