Your ride today....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
C084D25A-F25A-4E95-A6A7-4F9D34F19B0C.jpeg
CD014A2F-8B96-4185-8F92-6848546D88C1.jpeg
Spending a week in Cornwall and just had to share the aweful scenery with you all :laugh:

Jon George

Mamil and couldn't care less
Needed a ride to ease a bit of stress and the weather obliged. I managed to sneak in another 50 k on Patsy #2 The CX with a route out to Coddenham and Bramford and returning by the same way.
Missed the opportunity to snap a pic of some old chap in a wonderful vintage sports car, but took the time to take one of a house I always find myself glancing at whenever I pass.

photo 1.JPG

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
Mrs 26 and I joined Jules H to ride out by Longley Green. Descending from Acton Green we took the unusual route for Munderfield Stocks and Stoke Lacy. We paused to admire the Dragon sculpture before rounding by Crowells Ash and another stop in Pencombe to visit the church. Hegdon Hill gave us misty views over many many miles. Just the drop away left before arriving at the Golf Club and some lovely refreshments.

We left by taking on the steep hill to take us to Marden. Then on to Withington and the usual run back by Yarkhill. Mrs 26 had ridden through a small crisis which we had successfully sorted. She was still going happily as a result as we arrived in Bosbury. She decided to stop in Colwall to visit a friend so Jules and I rode up the Wyche to stop for a pint of beer in the pub at the top. Just the descent for me left but Jules still had some miles left before he would be home.

Lovely sunny day today. Great to be out and about. 59 smiles.

Have to say I am very impressed with the down to earth approach to cycling on this forum whereby people are quite happy to post about rides of 11-12 mph.
Previously I used to be a member of another board where the order of the day appeared to be boasting about how fast they went (allegedly)
Glad I came over here for more realistic cyclists.
Your right and if only I had a local cycling club that comprised of the type people from here and the lack of snobbishness ( is that a real word ) when it comes to what bike you ride I would join it tomorrow.

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
After mixing and laying some concrete this morning, i needed to get out on the bike, the sun was out so it was on with the bibshorts, nice steady ride out to St Albans, The roads where nice and quiet. Was a recci ride for Thursday, Going out with a few mates, they like a coffee stop so St Albans seemed like a good call,
https://www.strava.com/activities/1924564919

Elysian_Roads

On Sunday morning whilst riding in Menorca I had a phone call from my sister telling me that my mum had died. The remaining hour and a half of the ride was strange, but very enjoyable. I could have ridden for ever.
So today I went into work, did the few bits I had to do then rode home again. After doing the jobs I had to do at home I went out on my mountain bike. My legs are still tired from the weekend and a spin session last night, but it was good to be out in the fresh air.
It was windy though!
I went around the back of Hayley Wood. It was there that I saw a pair of Red Kites. They were very close, mobbed by the local crows. One of them landed 100 yds away, looking for worms.

View attachment 435123
View attachment 435124
I rode on, right round the woods, then came back along the same bridleways.
Out of a big oak flew about 40 fieldfare..... winter is coming!!!
View attachment 435125
Back through by the Red a House, over the A1198, then up to Caldecote.

On the bridleway back to Hardwick I got 2 punctures.... oh how I laughed! That’s 3 since Saturday!

18 miles in the sun, not as warm as Menorca!

https://www.strava.com/activities/1922645730
Likewise, sorry to hear the sad news.

Denis99

Über Member
Eventful day yesterday.

Lovely weather , ride down to the Mumbles/Gower.

First puncture on the ICE Adventure recumbent.
No problem, always carry a pump and spare inner tubes, levers etc.

On getting the spares out, realise that I haven't got the correct Schrader fitting, always been used to presta valves.

Luckily, Pilot Cycles bike shop was only 2 minutes away.
Right pump adaptor , change tube and away.

GR012831.jpg

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
578A41C3-9C17-4C2B-BA2A-9CCDAA77A8FD.jpeg

Hope you like hills as there are one or two down that way[/
Hope you like hills as there are one or two down that way
There are a few lumps where we are staying including this one which although looks nothing, causes me to stand !
This is a cheeky and deceiving lump

Last edited:

Old jon

Guru
Another bright and clear morning out there, definitely not a day to waste on the other bits of life. I chose to ride the bike with the gears again mostly ‘cos it is ( slightly ) easier to ride than the fixed. Single gear riding soon.

Holbeck is still suffering the same tarmac disruption as most of the rest of Leeds, but the details change more often. A minor diversion to reach Office Lock, and a large car park, was negotiated before a not so brisk ride along the towpath to Viaduct Road on the way to the ride up Cardigan Road to Headingley and the A 660. The breeze was mostly in my face and the sweat was mostly pouring off the same face all the way to the top just beyond the Ring Road. I was comprehensively scalped crossing that road, the rider was likely travelling at twice the speed I was. Not the faintest chance of me keeping up. Still, once past the Lawnswood Arms to scenery is mostly rural and good to look at. Bramhope and its roundabout sort of hinder the prospect a little, but countryside returns after riding past the church. Ain’t Google Earth great? I could not remember the name (?) of the church, so I checked. It is just what I thought it was. Climb a little and the Dyneley Arms is in sight at the end of a long straight. Turn right and Pool Bank is descended.

Always fun, but then up the valley towards Otley and into the wind. I was happy to reach the maypole, for a rest and a bite to eat before tackling the climb out on Leeds Road. This bit is where I hope to choose a gear low enough, and today I did. Not the most pleasing thing, like so many others I wish I was fitter . . .

The two final bends on this always seem to be steeper than the rest, but never mind, its almost at the top. A return through Bramhope in the opposite direction to the earlier one and the ride back all the way to Headingley was much easier than the morning version. Lots of downhill, and the drop to Kirkstall, pretty good really. A quiet ride back to Office Lock and the trundle through Hunslet, thirty miles ridden and a happy rider is home.

The map, and because the drop down Pool Bank looks so much like a cliff there is the elevation over time pic too.

Elev 25102018.jpg

25102018.jpg

Top Bottom