Your ride today....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gavgav

Guru
Wow. Lots of CCers out for New Year's Day rides.
And I was one of them too! First ride since my accident on 10th October.
A very joyous but very cautious 20 mile anti clockwise loop down the East Lancs Road path to Leigh, through Culcheth, up the A 57 Cadishead Way.
Braking and changing gear is still hard and I stopped several times to rest my hands. Plus I was tired.
Perfect weather, mild and dry and blue skies.
On one of my stops I was treated to a wonderful aerial display by a large group of Canada geese , changing the shape and direction of their formation several times before disappearing.

View attachment 445234

I was passed by a few lone cyclists but I didn't see any groups today.
Some very polite boys asked if I needed any help on one of my stops. I'd leant the bike against a lamppost whilst I put my jacket back on.
Great to see you are back on the bike

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
Despite being on nights and therefore used to having a lay in, I was up at 6 so I could go with my lad on his new paper round. It's his first, and though he did it on the 31st & 1st they were late runs and in daylight, today was the first dark ride. Wit half the rote unlit I wanted to make sure he could see, and be seen. Arrived at the Post Office at 0640 (5 mins early) to find it all locked up, despite it supposedly opening at 0600:rolleyes: Changed some of his lights with mine so he could see where he was going. Stood about getting cold as it was a chilly 2C:cold:. Rode around the block a few times. Circles in the car park a few times. Owner rocked up at 0720....
Round done in 30 mins and it was nice to get home for coffee. A 6 mile ride increased to 9.5 miles with little loops to keep warm and avoid boredom waiting.

Tonight's commute was painfully slow, though I have no idea why. I normally average 14mph or so on the commuter, but struggled to get to 13mph tonight. Ho hum, going to be cold on the way home in the morning too.

galaxy

Veteran
11 local miles today. Decided to explore a few local lanes I hadn’t been round. There’s a small road single track goes down through a friends farm and round by Bache Camp. It’s known locally as Horsekiller Hill. Named as in Days gone by Horses have died moving stuff up there. Today it almost got re-names Cyclistkiller Hill. Even on on my MTB it almost done me in.
It’s only short but it’s earning its name. I’ll visit again to take a few pictures.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
This is my first ride this year and also my first since October 28th. I was meant to go with my stepson at 9.30 this morning but he backed down, saying it was too cold. So, at 11.30, I put on my gear and went on my own. I only covered 12 miles but it was nice to shake the cobwebs and get some exercise into my old legs.
My stepson want to go tomorrow morning now at 11.00, so that will be two rides for me this week and we will be only on day 4 of the new year!

My youngest lad received a Boardman MTB for Christmas, so it was only fair that I went for a ride with him.

Just a gentle 25 miles around the local trails

Screenshot (95).png

First time back on the bike today after my crash at the beginning of November. :dance:

Nothing special, just a slow 8 mile ride on flat roads via Downham Common and Black Bank to Littleport and back. Was good to get back on the bike, although I still can't put much power through my right knee, and was riding in way lower gears than I normally do. My knee made junctions a little problematic, as getting going from a standing start wasn't easy. And as a result, I had a couple of embarrassing moments - the sort of bicycling equivalent of bunny hops in a car... :blush:

Need to fettle the bike again though, as there's still a rattling sound when the chain is on the big ring, a definite case of lost-in-translation in the drivetrain when it comes to changing gear, and the right brifter is still a tad squiffy for my tastes...

But it's a start. Onwards and upwards. ^_^

Well done that rider!!

Was good to be able to finally blow the cobwebs away. Really missed being out on the bike.

C R

Guru
First time back on the bike today after my crash at the beginning of November. :dance:

Nothing special, just a slow 8 mile ride on flat roads via Downham Common and Black Bank to Littleport and back. Was good to get back on the bike, although I still can't put much power through my right knee, and was riding in way lower gears than I normally do. My knee made junctions a little problematic, as getting going from a standing start wasn't easy. And as a result, I had a couple of embarrassing moments - the sort of bicycling equivalent of bunny hops in a car... :blush:

Need to fettle the bike again though, as there's still a rattling sound when the chain is on the big ring, a definite case of lost-in-translation in the drivetrain when it comes to changing gear, and the right brifter is still a tad squiffy for my tastes...

Well done, nice to read from you again.

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....

Excellent, nice to hear you're back out on the bike:okay:

Glad to see that you are back.

Top Bottom