Your ride today....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pjd57

Veteran
strava8128976890252384342.jpg

A strange one today.
I was due to drop off something at the local Asda , then my Mrs asked if I could meet someone at Bishopbriggs Asda as well.
First one no bother.
Then along the canal to the Briggs.
Waited for ages to meet someone who was buying from us.
No show . Phoned my Mrs. Several messages later it turns out they had got the Asdas mixed up and were several miles away at Robroyston.
So along through Bishopbriggs and up a killer hill to Auchinairn and on to Robroyston and back home via Spring urn.

20:5 miles and 3 Asda stores with a load of winter sun as well.

Last edited:

gavgav

Guru
My first miles of 2019, with a short ride around Town, following my regular route, in the main, with a slightly different road followed through Meole Brace, on the final section.

Almost ran into a dozey dog owner, in the Quarry Park, who, on an unlit section, was wearing black, no torch, no lights on dog, no lead on dog, then calls dog towards her, from one side of the fairly wide park road to the other side and runs towards said dog, right into my path :wacko:

It was also the first trip out wearing my sales present to myself, a new helmet. I’ve never been entirely happy with my previous one, felt it was too small for my odd shaped head really, but ive stuck it out for about 4 or 5 years. Purchased a Giro Foray (with MIPS technology) which had £20 off and in a larger size. It is so much more comfortable!! Feels cooler on the head, with the better ventilation system on it, as well, which isn’t altogether welcome this time of year, but certainly will be come the warmer weather.

13.1 miles

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
A mellow social ride with Freewheel North at the Green for me today.
The first one in 2019: everybody was merrily chatting away to the ride leaders' chant "keep it going, keep it going folks ..." :laugh:
Average speed 8.8mph :whistle:
Another bright, sunny day, around 6C, not even cold, this weather can't last much longer!
We didn't go far, just to the nearby (5 miles) Bellahouston park, taking in the usual landmarks plus the science centre.
After I left the ride, I ended up, just like @pjd57, in my local Asda where I offset the calories spent by buying some very much reduced cake leftover from the festive period.
IMG_20190108_123852050.jpg

Bells Bridge, the first one in the picture, is a moving one, to allow ships to pass.
Next bridge is the Squinty, not to be confused with the Squiggly further along.
The Crane, a landmark left over from the shipbuilding area, is now used for charity jumps.
Across the river, the SEC complex, incorporating the Armadillo (a theatre), the Sec (conference and faires centre), the Hydro (live music).
IMG_20190108_123824645.jpg

In the background, the science centre, side of the river from were I took the previous photo.
IMG_20190108_105749133.jpg

The group riding away from town, I should really have posted this photo first ... oppss ...

The_Weekend_Report_Guy

Pablo's Cycling Tours
Back at it..!

After all the holidays and easy riding after finishing the Rapha challenge (first time ever I got it done) I stepped on the scale and woooow...! Holidays were very good to me.. 97.5 kilos Monday morning... Guess I have to add lose some weight to my goals for the year..

That said today I headed out with a freaking machine..

That is me fooling around before the ride.. (hi everyone!)

49895959_1959724240789653_3843974637335609344_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&_nc_ht=scontent-mad1-1.jpg

And my buddies today..
Do not let the missing leg fool you. I made that mistake the first time I went out with him.

48381130_1959724414122969_7978008847329525760_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_ht=scontent-mad1-1.jpg

Salvi.. 1 legged guy is training for the Ironman in Marbella in April… Dude is stronger than usual.. Almost killed me today.

Ride itself was

Screen Shot 2019-01-09 at 10.17.45 AM.png

HRM probably jumped around at some point..

pjd57

Veteran
strava2372939535157240292.jpg
IMG_20190109_111529618.jpg

A nice circuit north of Glasgow this morning.
Cold but no ice so we set off at 10.
Headed out the city towards Milngavie, then swung round Torrance, Lennoxtown and Strathblane and back to Milngavie over the Ministers Brae.

Stopped at the Kirkhouse Inn and got robbed of £5:90 for 2 cups of coffee. Glad we skipped the cakes.

23 miles , plenty of climbing , brilliant morning for January.

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
Jules H, Pete M, Rich B and I met in Upton. Sunshine made the lowish temperatures very tolerable indeed. We took a standard run south for Pendock and on to Okle Clifford where Jules fancied the dodge around by the lake and into Newent with no traffic. The cafe was busy but we found a good spot. Lovely refreshments for all.

Again it was the standard run back by Shaw Common and Ryton for Bromsberrow and a return through the Castlemorton lanes. Jules and Rich headed for Upton while Pete and I rode for home as the sun was getting lower in the sky. What a lovely outing today. Nice easy pace, lots of blue skies and great company. 53 smiles

Donger

Convoi Exceptionnel
I had to miss the funeral of an old work colleague and skittles teammate today due to having to take my wife to a medical appointment. So that made my mind up as to where to go this afternoon. I did my usual 20 miler down to Frampton on Severn and back, but this time calling in at the church in Elmore to pay my respects at the grave. There was a very nice spread of flowers and it was nice to see that he was buried with his family. The undertaker was just packing up to go, but stayed for a chat. Apparently the church had been packed to the rafters.

An uneventful ride out to Frampton, which was full of twitchers with binoculars. Chilly but dry and sunny today. The sun was very low in the sky, so it was time for a race against the sun. The sun won. Got home with all my lights very much needed. Don't remember a great deal about the ride, as it seems I was lost in thought for much of it. 20 quite pensive miles today.
Cheers, Donger.

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
Been out on the bike every day this week, just small distances on utility shops as I'm still doing the bathroom (might be done by Summer...). A very different ride for me today. I had to go to hospital in London which is normally a 1 hr tube ride from Heathrow to Russell Square. Today I decided to try something different, and took the Heathrow Express into Paddington with the Brompton, and ride the 3 miles or so across town. A very enjoyable ride both ways, no issues with the Brompton in the hospital, and a great visit to boot. I even found time to stop for a photo.
20190109_132609.jpg

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Been out on the bike every day this week, just small distances on utility shops as I'm still doing the bathroom (might be done by Summer...). A very different ride for me today. I had to go to hospital in London which is normally a 1 hr tube ride from Heathrow to Russell Square. Today I decided to try something different, and took the Heathrow Express into Paddington with the Brompton, and ride the 3 miles or so across town. A very enjoyable ride both ways, no issues with the Brompton in the hospital, and a great visit to boot. I even found time to stop for a photo.
View attachment 446433

Did you see my brown comb?

I threw it out of the observation gallery when I was about 8 years old (I got a clout of of my mum for doing it).

Jon George

Mamil and couldn't care less
Only a couple of miles so far today - but it was on Patsy #1 The Carbon after her visit to the LBS for a bit of a winter re-vamp. (I changed the handlebars and stem myself, but attaching handlebar tape and cutting cable outers has never been my forte, so p[aid for the professionals to do it, along with a service that caught a couple of minor problems.)

And you know that feeling when you realise that your bike is now perfect and so wonderful to ride? I was grinning all the way home and racing everything. ^_^

Top Bottom