Your ride today....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

The_Weekend_Report_Guy

Pablo's Cycling Tours
Starting the new week..

Windy ride out and back today, made me work on my way out more then usual and on my way back I got a few PR.

Happy day..! Now I let the pics do the talking.. (was sunny and around 16 C)

Screen Shot 2019-01-29 at 5.16.01 PM.png

Numbers. I like them! They are always honest. On my way back I stayed at the bike shop for almost an hour.

The map of the area where I was riding today and the profile of the ride.
Screen Shot 2019-01-29 at 5.16.22 PM.png

Let's see if we can have a big week like last one.

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
Snow on the Hills and those wet roads would be icy. So I layered up and stayed on a gritted route. These days I like to keep safe. South to Staunton to cross to Corse Lawn and north for Upton. I chanced the lane to link with a secondary gritted road to take me over Hook Bank. Thence my usual run back. Quite a pleasant day with bright sunshine and not too much breeze. I even felt a slight warmth from the sun on my cheek. 30 smiles

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
I didn't cycle to work last night because of the snow (or lack of, as it turned out). Ice was an issue this morning though, I'd just clambered into bed when SWMBO came in and told me my lad had fallen off and needed picking up. Out I go in the van. No idea how he didn't fall off earlier, he'd managed to finish his paper round and fell off on the way home. All the roads were like ice rinks, so the next few days will be done in the car. No damage to the bike, the lad is OK too:laugh:

I had a pootle into town after waking this afternoon, very nice in the sunshine but still a good few slippery bits in the shade. I'm going to get the trike ready for the next few days, looks like snow overnight Thursday.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
I took the Hybrid out today, a Whyte Coniston if you’re interested, I knew I was going to be riding mostly roads but there would be some bridleways and tracks that were unknown to me.

I set out to blag another letter in the ABC photo challenge which involved a 26 mile round trip in the chuffing freezing cold. Still, the Sun was out and I was wrapped up and off I went via East Hagbourne, North Moreton, Brightwell-cum-Sotwell, where I stopped at the poshest post office ever to post a book to a CCer, then to Wallingford over the Thames to Crowmarsh Gifford then up to Ipsden for my letter “I”. That done came back via some for the Ridgeway which was slipperyer than a slippery snake slipping about in jelly.

Stopped in Wallingford at Rides on Air for a hot chocolate, then headed home.

I got a few photos for you today.

B68AF7C6-AECA-4B0A-9107-4A58139F7478.jpeg

I’m heading over there.
3E9FD4CF-7400-4C3E-91F8-073CC871C604.jpeg

Can’t remember why I took this photo.
09EB5E7D-ABAE-45B6-8A98-D2E10489956D.jpeg

Somewhere in the distance there’s Didcot cooling towers.

D452A317-6C4A-4CFB-96A2-0790B24B79BF.jpeg

I don’t know what this is and the interweb is very coy about it.

C00D233C-8F5A-4A7C-9695-6489B3D2A93F.jpeg

Posh gaff on the Ridgeway.

13ECB880-7742-40A9-A83C-79FB10556535.jpeg

A lodge.
7247A6E8-4E2B-41EA-8A7E-FBE6EDBDF0FD.jpeg

A penny farthing stuck on the wall.
55632950-38AC-4649-8276-B6C658C74590.jpeg

Nearly in Ipsden.
6E81DB49-3AFD-4E81-BEE4-2A0FEDEEF71D.jpeg

The route, a little over 26 miles. About 85 miles for the month my best January mileage since 2015.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Chilly ride today.
I had to pick summat up from Argos, so planned my route accordingly around the bottom of town, towards Duston, to a mates house to drink tea.
We then headed, on and off road, through Harleston Firs, across the golf course bridleway (no golfists braving the sub-zero temperatures!)

A moment of panic as my phone fell out of my pocket, and bounced down the road! Fortunately, my mate was behind me and saw it, otherwise I'd have lost it. Broken screen protector, but all still good.. Phew
With a couple of miles on the Brampton Valley Way to get to Pitsford Res, we decto pass the cafe as we had plans for a decent stop further round the circuit.

IMG_30012019_180333_(960_x_1024_pixel).jpg

Taking a shortcut through Overstone woods, we got to the Scotch Lodge Farm cafe for sustenance.

IMG_30012019_180420_(960_x_1024_pixel).jpg

I had to head home from there to take over from MrsPete as we have two sick grandchildren to look after at the moment.

Back home on just under 40 miles, with the puddles still very crunchy!!

linky

:smile:

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 5520173, member: 9609"]beautiful winters day - just can't get enough of cycling on days like this
View attachment 449874

i was heading up through the pass in the middle of this cloud, it sort of lifted a bit and made it quite spectacular rather than cold and unpleasant, you can never quiet predict them
View attachment 449873 View attachment 449875 View attachment 449876 View attachment 449877 View attachment 449878
this was an absolute joy, if only all roads could be like this
View attachment 449879 View attachment 449880 View attachment 449881

View attachment 449882 [/QUOTE]
Are you using a camera or a mobile device to take these excellent photos?

pjd57

Veteran
strava4365390496211324475.jpg
IMG_20190131_125948657_HDR.jpg

Cold morning in Glasgow.
Had to spray de-icer on the shed and gate padlocks.

Two trips.
First was out to Drumchapel.
Second was across the city to Dalmarnock.
25 miles in total.

Stopped for a picture close to home when I was almost done.
A frosty Maryhill park at 1 pm.

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
Finished dry lining the bathroom this morning, so after walking the dogs decided to pop out and see how close I could get to the Strava climbing challenge. As it turned out the legs didn't want to play, and despite the magic pills it was too uncomfortable, so home after 14 miles and 270 metres of upness.
Managed 6,818m against the target of 7,500m, not bad given the amount of work commutes which are flat. I have managed to ride every day so far this year, and actually this month was the most climbing I've done for over a year.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Finished dry lining the bathroom this morning, so after walking the dogs decided to pop out and see how close I could get to the Strava climbing challenge. As it turned out the legs didn't want to play, and despite the magic pills it was too uncomfortable, so home after 14 miles and 270 metres of upness.
Managed 6,818m against the target of 7,500m, not bad given the amount of work commutes which are flat. I have managed to ride every day so far this year, and actually this month was the most climbing I've done for over a year.

Impressive.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
I'm back, that was harder than I thought, a lot of pedalling but not a lot of moving, t'was fun though..ish. Met a commuter on a leccy bike that was not having a good time going from Harwell to Didcot station, I guess he must've made it cos, I didn't see him in a heap at the bottom of the hill. Snow was quite thick in places and I was getting cold so I wasn't sorry to get home after 8.21 miles.

Photos are a bit samey, taken with my GoPro which I haven't used for years.
GOPR1043.JPG

Up The Lynchway, that's usually a very fast downhill, not today.

GOPR1044.JPG

Some kids playing with a slidey thing.

GOPR1045.JPG

GOPR1047.JPG

It's looking a bit bleak ain't it?

GOPR1048.JPG

A selfie.

GOPR1051.JPG

GOPR1053.JPG

Stopped here for some soup.

GOPR1054.JPG

I really wish I hadn't gone down there.