Your ride today....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

C R

Guru
Thanks for the GWS messages following yesterday's off - my upper arm is a bit stiff thanks to the shock transfer when the elbow hit the ground, my hip is a lovely shade of purple and my first of my two rides today was into Felixstowe to get some more dresings for my knee as I used the last one last night.

The best way of bouncing back is to get back on the bike and, with the weather showing a distinct inprovement on yesterday, I took my Planet X out for its first ride of the year. Unlike yesterday, there was bright sunshine but with a bit of a breeze keeping things a bit cooler until you got a few miles inland.
View attachment 453126 The route taken was similar to yesterday's ride, but missing out the double trip to Grundisburgh and a couple of the other poor condition roads, but it was good to be out n the sun for a change.
View attachment 453132
:notworthy: I am not sure I would have been back on the bike that quick with those injuries! GWS

C R

Guru
What a difference a week makes. Last Sunday was wet, miserable, and thoroughly unenjoyable ride. Today was a lovely riding day.

Usual early start around quarter to seven, with more than a hint of daylight, clear sky, and not much of a breeze. Out past St Peters Garden Centre, up Hatfield Bank, heading for Pershore via Croome. This was the view of Bredon Hill just past Pirton Church.
IMG_20190217_070945909_HDR.jpg

Spring can't be very far. For some reason was finding it difficult to get into a rhythm, and was considering shortening the route, but thought I would at least get to Pershore.

Past Croome I got this view of the radio telescope at Defford.
IMG_20190217_071731979_HDR.jpg

Carried on via Besford, finally getting my legs to perform up the drag to the top of the Holloway.

In Pershore it was a left towards Pinvin, and going over the railway bridge got an annoying pass from a van, which first came very close behind and then gave a close pass. Of course, the close pass was for naught, as the A44 traffic lights were red. When I reached them at the lights, I saw that the van had a Worcester Cycle Centre sign, you would have thought they would know better.

So over the A44, through Pinvin, and then right for Throckmorton. The sun was now fully out, and I was slightly overdressed.
IMG_20190217_075029367_HDR.jpg

Stopped by the village hall for a drink and a nut bar, and then Bishampton and Flyford Flavell came and went quickly. Then it was Grafton, Huddington, and past Phepson a left for Shernal Green. Through a lane I hadn't ridden before.

The last stretch past Shernal Green was through Oddingley and Tibberton, past the Hospital and county hall, to St Peters for home.

Another metric half in the bag, wish all riding days were like this.

The map

Screenshot_20190217-161647.png

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
Just a quick spin on my Acton Burnell loop this afternoon as I didn' have a lot of time spare.

Quite cool and windy out, heading into it for roughly the first 8 miles and having a tail or cross wind for the rest. Got some decent speeds up on the tailwind sections but got home wishing I'd put on another layer. They keep going on about it feeling "springlike" in the forecasts - still feels like February to me.

A fraction over 18 miles at 13.6 mph average.

DSC0007345.jpg

Just the one snap today. I did get rained on a little bit early in the ride.

lazybloke

Considering a new username
[QUOTE 5540809, member: 9609"] View attachment 453290 View attachment 453293 View attachment 453294
View attachment 453297

View attachment 453296 [/QUOTE]
Love your pics.

Lack of handlebar tape is always a bit jarring!

delb0y

Legendary Member
Upped the "try and maintain a semblance of fitness" winter riding to 33 miles today with a little jaunt I have on my Wahoo under the title of "Gentle 30". It's supposedly a flat and easy loop around Taynton / Tibberton / the Leadons and so on. Very pleasant out there today - but it turns out the gentle 30 has more climbing than going up Haresfield Beacon, although of course, Haresfield packs it all into just a mile or so. If I can get out of February being able to do 40 miles I'll be happy and well on track.

Bike on Bridge.jpg

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Usual short 10ish mile bimble to/from town for market day. Smaller market than usual because of the Mart being on, but one fishmonger is still there. Hiding through the hedge opposite The Winch on the A10 cycleway are clusters of snowdrops. On a bike, you can easily stop and spot such things... and it's very promising for Sunday's snowdrops ride/walk!
IMG_20190219_120718.jpg

The_Weekend_Report_Guy

Pablo's Cycling Tours
Today I went to mini Rio

52702620_2018662391562504_225046699943395328_n.jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_ht=scontent-mad1-1.jpg

I keep my riding going, I just stopped posting because business is not what I expected to be, that put me down a bit when it comes down to do posts and take pictures. Let's hope I got over it and I can keep showing you a bit out of this beautiful place in the world.

I am looking for a full time permanent job now so most likely you guys will see less out of me..

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
This morning, once I'd been shopping, I had the chance to get out for a few hours before the family descended.
As I'd be on a few trails for the first mile, and wasn't exactly sure where I'd be heading I chose the CX as bike de jour.
I headed through Holcot, Walgrave and Foxhall, with a tailwind before turning southwards for a strong and blustery headwind until I was within half an hour of home.

DSC_0640.JPG

I know who I am... I don't need reminding :tongue:

Back home on 33 windy miles, with my legs feeling like they'd done 50!

https://strava.app.link/NCALo87atU

:smile:

Top Bottom