Your ride today....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
A nice morning club ride, I led ten club riders on a 48 mile ride through the Hertford lanes, nice easy ride with no problems, everybody enjoying the mild weather, Ending at Bike Boutique for a nice coffee.:okay:

gavgav

Guru
Was struck down by Lergy on Monday and so hadn't been out on the bike for best part of 2 weeks. I'd had the call from my cricket club chairman to say they were 1 short still and did I feel any more like playing, so decided the best way to confirm was a quick fitness test on the bike this morning.

The usual ridiculous strong gusty wind was in my face for a lot of the ride, but coped ok over to Heathgates and along the river to the Quarry Park.

There was evidence at the weir of the recent gales....!
image.jpg

I then continued to Copthorne, Nobold and Meole Brace and back home within the hour, having done 10.3 miles that confirmed, bar a bit of snot xx( I will be ok for the cricket match this afternoon against our local rivals from Church Stretton :boxing:!!

OP
OP
gbb

gbb

Legendary Member
It felt like more miles, it felt faster, but 16 miles at 15.2 average which I'm moderately happy with, ive climbed off the bike and almost immediately feel fine.
Nice section from Yaxley to Hampton where I tagged onto a guy on a nice Madone, looked down and we were doing 27mph on the flat at one stage. Ran out of steam after a couple miles of that though :tongue:
The inclines do me...but good to get some in, all in all, good ride.

Dave 123

Legendary Member
I'd intended to do my 100 mile ride for May today but I've been knackered of late through too much work, DIY etc, so this morning when I woke up feeling crap I decided on a shorter ride..
I went through villages like Swavesey, Over and Willingham today, not ridden through these parts for a couple of years. Everything looked magnificent in its new spring colours, it was a shame about the chilly wind.

There was a bloke out on his hand cycle, giving it some welly that I passed twice, either his lady was following on on her road bike or he has a stalker!

It was a hard 27 miles today

http://www.strava.com/activities/306183071

contadino

Veteran
Lovely ride today. Problem with bottom bracket resolved yesterday so everything running smoothly. Headed up to Martina Franca (posh town) then on to Cisternino (meat town) then off to Ostuni (tourist town) before an indirect route home. 60 km, 30-odd degrees, little to no wind, not much traffic, 21.5 kph average.

Tempted to stop off at a bar run by a Sicilian family in Cisternino where they have the most amazing canoli and cassata, but I was so enjoying the ride that I sort of forgot, so had to make do with a pasticceria in Ostuni instead.

13 rider

Guru
Nice at sunny at 0800 so off to do a couple of hills before meeting up with workmates .Through Newtown Linford up sharply hill and out to beacon hill up and over the beacon( the easy way) and down through Woodhouse Eaves,Quorn,Barrow upon Soar, Sileby to meeting point at Cossington.4 of us today 2 on roadies a CX bike and me on my hybrid so another quick one with me hanging on probably. Set off to do same route as last week and just like last week just as we got to humble lane a cycling club sailed by .Lesson learned from last week we didn't try to chase them down up the climb there pretty quick.Up humble lane on through Radcliffe on the wreake,Thrussington,Hoby to Asfordby most of the way we kept up with a guy on a tourer cracking on at a good pace we draft him he draft us until we really put the hammer down but we never really dropped him Swung at left at Asfordby and over the A607 and headed out to Gaddesby up and down a bit of lumpy stuff and out to Ashby Foville and heading back to Rearsby and back to Thrussington where we passed a couple of guys on recumbents travelling the other way back through Radcliffe and down humble lane 24 miles at 15.5 mph through in might be quick.Two guys headed home me another guy went exploring into watermead park .Lovely park but shared paths on a busy Sunday were not fun just a slow pootle . So bail out and head home through Birstall . went we went through Birstall we saw the guy on the tourer again on we waved .up greengate lane where other mate turned for home Leaving me to do the last lot of climbing to home up the church hill in Thurcaston then the climb out ofthe village to Anstey then the day up Link road and the small hill then bigger hill to home (I didn't enjoy the last 5 miles can you tell) Total of 46 miles at an average of 13 mph .loads of cyclist out today .missed judged the weather it was lovely at 0800 so went in shorts and short sleeved top but sun decided to hide and it got colder as the day went on bit chilly by the time I got home.

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
Only the second ride since my century a week ago due to the strained knee (and some grotty weather). I went for my Acton Burnell loop and intended to take it easy for this one as the knee was aching after less than 10 miles on Friday's commute.

As it was only a short one I took the new saddle bag for its first proper outing and it was very nice to have so little weight on the bike for a change. So nice in fact that "taking it easy" didn't last very long and when I go to Longnor and had the wind behind me I couldn't resist pressing on a bit.:blush: 17mph up the hill into Frodesley felt great and cruising at 20-25mph to Acton Burnell then through Pitchford was even better. After feeling a warning twinge I didn't try too hard against the wind around Cantlop but at Condover it was more of a cross wind and became easier to up the pace again.

17.1 miles at 16 mph average. Okay, so my gentle ride to keep the legs moving freely turned into a bit of a sprint.:shy: Very enjoyable though and the knee feels fine at the end of it. I now feel confident of it being okay for the Lakes trip next month and for the next century ride whenever I get to fit that in.

DSC0002255.jpg

Quick stop for the view at Great Ryton. Nice to travel light for a change.

DSC0002256.jpg

I like the lanes at this time of year when the cow parsley is blooming in the verges.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Fairly easy ride on the SS today. I started at Ashwell and Morden station, then through Steeple Modern and stopped at the old airfield memorial to pay my respects. A quick stop at the Hoops in Bassingbourn where they had a small steam rally on - I love the smell of anthracite in the morning! Then to the Get Cycling show in Melbourn and rode a Penny, a KMX trike and a Dutch cargo bike, and bought some breakfast from the A10 cycle path campaigners. Dodged a fair few old cars - some with three wheels and what sounded like two-stroke engines - and went through the Shelfords and along the DNA bike track to Cambridge. Having carefully milked a tailwind all the way there, I got the train home, for 28 miles in total.

Top Bottom