Your ride today....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave 123

Legendary Member
got back from shopping ..and thought get cycling kit on and go ^_^ went o noe of my fav local runs (2 café`s on route) GT stainton to bishopton and on to redmarshal down to Wynyard woodland park ..just past Thorpe Thewles ..had tea and cake at the station café ...then headed along the old railway line to the A689 to pick up the NCN1 route to Sedgefield ..(my 2 café stop)...but it was chocker so kept on as I had spare food in barbag :okay:

just leaving Sedgefield there was a cricket match in progress so stopped had had a snack while watching the gentle art of leather on willow:popcorn: (not that exciting) :laugh:... back past the racecourse and back to GT stainton and the reverse of my route.... but then detoured to Aycliffe village via a bridleway which I found had been trimmed back either side ^_^ up over the M1 through the village on to the industrial estate where I was still feeling fine (legs not complaining).. so altered route again and joined the great aycllffe walk as this brings me back almost traffic free...:okay: just need to watch out for the dog walkers. :whistle:.. I stopped in one of the wooded section as all I could hear was birds lots of them all singing there little heads off ..(just made you want to stop and listen)..^_^...a slow ride but on I really enjoyed:bravo: and got in 34 miles https://connect.garmin.com/activity/784761148

View attachment 89876
Wynyard cycle route
View attachment 89877
this is the NCN1 CYCLE ROUTE :ohmy: along side to A689 to sedgefield
View attachment 89878
a funny old game
View attachment 89879
bridleway to aycliffe village
View attachment 89880
the M1
View attachment 89881
other end of the bridleway
View attachment 89882
View attachment 89883
View attachment 89884
View attachment 89885

The second photo was stolen from @SatNavSaysStraightOn .....!

Mike_P

Guru
15 miles today which brings my total to 2015 to.........15 miles! A nasty cold combined with the cold wind that has been blowing across the country for far too long resulted in a split nostril which finally seemes to have healed just as the wind turns warmer. Pleasently surprised to find a number of pot holes had been attendened to, unfortunately in the do it as cheap as possible attitiude that inflicts N Yorks County County they have been replaced by mounds of tramac above the road surface which are probably as dangerous if hit at any significant speed.

Start work 16 miles away in July so thought I would try out the commute (I walk to work at the minute). Very slow (but hey ho, that's how I roll) enjoyed it but think it might be quite different once I do it with traffic on the road (seems there arnt many cars about 7am on a Bank Holiday) ^_^

http://labs.strava.com/flyby/viewer/#311728136
upload_2015-5-25_21-37-19.png

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
I'll have you know that over this course, according to Strava, I do an extraordinary 47 feet of climbing! Hence the view from these Olympian heights. Actually, though, I'm not too terribly far from some nice hills. The nice thing about where I live is that, although it is along a creek (Six-Mile Creek), I have to go over a ridge in any direction to get there.

Alex H

Legendary Member
A somewhat roundabout route today, taking in a lot of minor roads that I've never been on before, while my wife was having physio (kinésitherapie for the French speakers :smile:)

Usual route to St Martin / St Brice, then a few km along the old St Junien to Limoges road (now bypassed)

Traffic was hell :rolleyes:

P5260042.jpg

Here's one place I wouldn't fancy living (the word has the same meaning in English)

P5260043.jpg

I ended up in Oradour-sur-Glane, so took another small road to Javerdat

Church at Javerdat

P5260044.jpg

Another small road and half an hour later saw me back in Oradour. There was no sun to follow and I'd gone round in a big circle :laugh:

So, out of Oradour on the road to St Junien, with a little detour through the hamlet of le Breuil, where I found this gem of architecture

P5260045.jpg

I quite like the design, but wouldn't want to be the one painting it every few years :whistle:

Back home via st Brice / St Martin 60km in just under 3 hours.

Last edited:
Top Bottom