Your ride today....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
Margaret PR joined me on this one. We took a traditional route around the north of the hills. Snowdrops were in fine bloom and a patch of golden crocus shone in the sun. Indeed the warmth from the sun was very pleasant. At Coddington the crocus were showing well. Soon we were at Trumpet and refreshments.
Margaret was on a short leash today so we bashed along the flanks of the Marcles. At Much Marcle she headed off up the main road while I decided to add in a loop or two. So I took to some lanes I haven't ridden for a while which brought me to Kempley. Then from Ryton I went by Ketford and then Murrell's End. Egg's Tump lead me over Hollybush and Chandler's Cross. From there a fairly standard run back with a few little detours for February's 100km. 66 smiles (just a bit more than 100km!).

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Bike shops in Abingdon? And I drove all the way into Oxford!

two within a few hundred feet of each other.

There’s bike shops in Witney isn’t there? (Dentons)
Where did you go, what did you buy?

Oxford Dave

There’s bike shops in Witney isn’t there? Where did you go, what did you buy?
There's Dentons in the centre of Witney and a couple of second hand places, including the one bought my bike from, but they are closed on Wednesdays.
I went to Warlands on the Botley road, took my rear wheel for repair and tried a couple of bikes while I was there. I didn't actually buy anything, but one of the bikes I tried might be coming home with me when I collect the wheel in a day or two.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
There's Dentons in the centre of Witney and a couple of second hand places, including the one bought my bike from, but they are closed on Wednesdays.
I went to Warlands on the Botley road, took my rear wheel for repair and tried a couple of bikes while I was there. I didn't actually buy anything, but one of the bikes I tried might be coming home with me when I collect the wheel in a day or two.
Well? Don’t leave it here for fecks sake what bike?

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
It was below freezing when I set out for work so I took the Revolt with its thicker tyres.

Aldi's ski gloves kept my hands nicely warm, although my basic overshoes weren't able to keep the feet warm.

Managed a 16 mile route to work. A gorgeous morning for a ride.

DVR00370_4969370288473958753~2.jpg

DVR00376_5231100353644306793~2.jpg

C R

Guru
It was below freezing when I set out for work so I took the Revolt with its thicker tyres.

Aldi's ski gloves kept my hands nicely warm, although my basic overshoes weren't able to keep the feet warm.

Managed a 16 mile route to work. A gorgeous morning for a ride.

View attachment 503443

View attachment 503444
When it is below zero I wear waterproof socks in addition to the overshoes. It also helps to put the hammer down to get the internal heating going and the blood flowing.

Last edited:

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
When it is below zero I wear waterproof socks in addition to the overshoes. It also helps to put the hammer down to get the internal heating going and the blood flowing.
It was my own fault, I was too lazy to switch to thicker overshoes this morning.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Another lovely day today, bright sunshine, dry roads, a slight chilly breeze.

A ride to Wallingford to the Rides on Air bike shop to see what is on offer, after some discussion about my needs and wants they are going to get two bikes for me to test ride on Saturday.

The ride was a similar loop as I did last Thursday except I lobbed a couple of miles off it by riding along a path I’ve never been down before ( and won’t be doing again) and nicking off about half a mile by going along the old railway track. An enjoyable clocks tock over 18 miles today.

Donger

Convoi Exceptionnel
Took the missus into town to meet the ladies who lunch, then made the most of the chance to get out down the lanes for a bonus bike ride. Ended up doing 24.7 quite leisurely miles through the Severnside villages, taking in Stonebench, Elmore, Epney, Saul, Fretherne, Frampton and a little detour to Elmore Back. A lovely mild, sunny afternoon in Gloucestershire, with dry roads and very little wind. Just about perfect for cycling.
A selection of photos ... taken gratuitously for no better reason than that it looks like Spring is on its way. (Even some daffodils in Fretherne):
503492 503493 503494

503495 503496 503497

503498 503499

Cheers, Donger.

C R

Guru
Lovely bright day today so I headed out around the old favourite loop which I call "The White Rabbit". Snowdrops and Buzzards were very evident. My rear tyre went soft so I made it to the bus shelter at Ryall. I could sit in comfort to fix it. Sorted I found it easier to ride on a properly inflated tyre.

View attachment 503604
I was planning a ride past the white rabbit for Sunday, but I have just seen the weather forecast, so I don't think it is going to happen :sad:

pjd57

Veteran

Had hoped to be out all day but had to wait in for " a man "
Man was paid and on his way by 12 , so I headed out for a family visit over in the south of Glasgow , then carried on to Paisley and Renfrew , back through the Clyde Tunnel, Clydebank then the canal to head for home.
Beautiful afternoon.
Calm before the storm apparently.

Top Bottom