Your ride today....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

geocycle

Legendary Member
A pre breakfast 25 mile loop around Silverdale. Nice views across Morecambe bay confirmed that the Lake District was still there. Cold easterly wind.

footloose crow

Über Member
You should come to my neck of the woods , the lanes are very popular and even when im flying im getting in the top 300 out of around 6000
I will! Where is the 'land of confusion'.....??

13 rider

Guru
:laugh:
You should come to my neck of the woods , the lanes are very popular and even when im flying im getting in the top 300 out of around 6000
I have more KOMs in Cornwall than locally . I think it's just down to the number of cyclists round here segments have thousands of riders in Cornwall it's in the hundreds . You do have to beat Chris Opie though . I do have a KOM were he's only forth ( he was on a mountain bike though :laugh:)

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
It was wet this morning, very wet. Wetter than a pack of WetOnes floating down the Thames.

An early ride for me, I went out while it was precipitating down on the basis there wouldn’t be many people about, I was right I only saw two dog walkers in 13 miles.

I went up the track near me and stayed mostly off road on the MTB along bridle ways, byways etc. It didn’t take long to get soaked through and I was cold most of the time, especially my feet.

I like to try and find places I’ve never been before, I find one byway but it was only a quarter of a mile before it the road again.

I also found an ugly new estate that I’ve never seen before, won’t be going back.

after about an hour I was getting cold, and my shoes were full of water, so I turned it and came home.

13.20 miles

There’s a few of these houses all boarded up and abandoned on the Harwell estate I think because of asbestos. Meanwhile elsewhere local authorities are building new properties on farm land.

footloose crow

Über Member
I have a KOMs around Crantock so I will be watching you :ph34r: :thumbsup: when you go that way
I think you can relax. Happy to get within top 20%. Only top tens when I adjust for age!

Dave 123

Legendary Member
A chilly day here, blustery too.

A reverse route along the ridge road, all the way to Ugborough garage, then a quick run back down towards Ermington. I turned at Penquit.

I then annoyed a bloke by sitting on his wheel for a mile. He went quicker, so did I.... and so on. I did keep 2 metres away!

Up the last remaining super steep hill to Westlake. I’ve done them all now, this wasn’t the toughest.

At the top I got a phone call saying my lad had been taken into hospital in Cambridge... so I had one of those strange rides home.

He’s had another fit.... but has been released from hospital! Good news.

Lifes rich tapestry....

https://www.strava.com/activities/3316024909

13 rider

Guru
Another Saturday another hard hours ride . Why can't I just do an easy 1 hour spin ? . After years of just reeling off miles I now find myself doing flat out hour efforts due to the lockdown .Waited for the rain to pass and out after lunch . Did my standard Polly Botts loop .Just pressed on all the way round ,managed a 4th place on a long Strava segment of 20mins quite happy with that ^_^ a full 1min 20secs of the Kom . 13.94 miles in 49min 30sec at 16.9 mph with 1050ft of upness ,over a minute faster than my previous best on the loop . Quite blustery out but did have tailwind home legs are feeling the effort though .

C R

Guru
Another Saturday another hard hours ride . Why can't I just do an easy 1 hour spin ? . After years of just reeling off miles I now find myself doing flat out hour efforts due to the lockdown .Waited for the rain to pass and out after lunch . Did my standard Polly Botts loop .Just pressed on all the way round ,managed a 4th place on a long Strava segment of 20mins quite happy with that ^_^ a full 1min 20secs of the Kom . 13.94 miles in 49min 30sec at 16.9 mph with 1050ft of upness ,over a minute faster than my previous best on the loop . Quite blustery out but did have tailwind home legs are feeling the effort though .
I find myself doing the same. My rides now are between 10 and 15 miles, all flat out to compensate for the shorter distances.

Mike_P

Guru
The weather forecast seemed to change every half hour, be it sunny spells and/or drizzle. Certainly it was sunny as I tried and failed to shift the freewheel on the hybrids rear wheel so the planned day off for the Defy did not transpire and kitted up as per yesterday the Defy got rewarded once again with avoiding the still not finished road surface at the new roundabout on the A59, which westbound is bunny hop territory should I ever master that. So instead this afternoon the southbound climb of the A61 Ripon Road in dull overcast but dry conditions which remained the case for the whole ride. Cut through the Duchy to the Cornwall Road/Harlow Moor Road section of the UCI Harrogate Circuit where memories of a different time in so many ways linger.

Continuing then directly to the Otley Road and out to Beckwithshaw, again part the Circuit, the easterly obviously formed a very nice tailwind as a former fast decent is now hampered by a set of traffic lights but I still managed a PR on the 1.5 mile long Strava segment to Beckwithshaw.

Then to Norwood pass Little Armscliffe and decent of Broad Dubb Road.

Having stopped briefly for a drink I was not putting much effort in as another cyclist with a thick hooded coat:eek: shot pass on the decent pass the Sun Inn, only then to sit up just as the road twists and goes up hill; I matched his pedal strokes or lack of them and quickly decided to go the different route to him at the junction with Penny Pot Lane. My hope that he would turn failed to materialise so once again straight into a headwind along Penny Pot, although not as strong as last time. 16.51 miles @13.4mph avg 1168ft climbed

Last edited:
Been out with my daughter a bit the last few weeks (she is 7) just taking things easy, she learned to ride about a year ago but had no confidence..today she completed her longest ride of 8.8 miles and she is absolutely ecstatic. Had to drop a prescription off for the parents so asked if she wanted to come along on the bike and although she was a bit hesitant she agreed...smiled nearly all the way there and back, she loved it and is asking when we can go again...I'm buzzing ;-)
Strava'd it as well, as I have done most of her rides now, and she got 4 achievements, she now wants to make sure she gets achievements on every ride, and also put her Mother to shame, she has done 33 miles this year, which is more than her Mother has done in her life :notworthy::rolleyes:
1587239816471.png

1587239846660.png

with pose !
1587239935966.png

Top Bottom