Your ride today....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Garry A

Calibrating.....
Out to Culross and back again this lunch time. First decent run on the Defy 3. It's great having a break by the water with the breeze. I decided on the way back that our roads are an embarrassment.
IMG_20150701_140326011.jpg
IMG_20150701_42967.jpg
IMG_20150701_58684.jpg

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Firstly @ianrauk. Awesome job with the garmin instructions. Garmin behaved. I went off course twice - on purpose - and pressed the tick sign for it to recalculate, and it did and got me back on the prescribed route. Most happy with that.

I rode the 1.5 miles to Slimming World today. It's only half a mile but I went the pretty route. After SW I headed off up the hill to the B1108 Earlham Road and sat at the junction, getting old, waiting for someone to let me out. The pedestrian crossing went Red, up the road 70 yards but two cars got on each other's tail to stop me and another cyclist getting out of the junction. Naturally these lads, it was agreed between us, had worn their willies away by excessive self erosion.
Finally on my way after an elderly chap in an Audi-Doodie let us out and off I went past the hospital, through the roadworks - taking the whole lane up as there was not room to overtake whatever the chap behind me might have thought. Over the roundabouts above the A47 and off up the Melton Road where I turned up a road I hadn't been up before and then doglegged through wherever it was and onto Hethersett, where I deliberately went the wrong way. Garmin caught up and got me back to where I needed to be (I did know the way, I was just checking it) and I eventually came out on the Norwich Road where I headed off for Ketteringham.

Again, I went 'the wrong way' and Garmin re-routed me and I went through the grounds of Ketteringham Hall. I thought that I'd made a booboo but apparently we are allowed through there during opening hours. I skiddaddled through a bit quickly and didn't take a pic but will do another day. It's rather pretty.
I saw a chap in his garden, watering his garden and asked for a drop of water to top my bidon up. There is a hole in it somewhere and the water is leaking out. I discovered this after the top up. I thought that I was going through more water than usual. Anyway, I took a few minutes to stand in the shade and chat about bikes. His daughter is 16 and mad about bikes. Apparently One Direction do not cut the mustard in comparison with a Carbon Frame and Ultegra Gearing. She'd been on about a PX but 'Dad' had never heard of one so he took a pic with his phone to show her. He was mightily impressed with my bike as his Brother is a Spesh Fanboy and thinks that no other bikes are any good. 'Dad' doesn't have a Spesh budget though.

Onwards - smiling to myself like a mad woman - I headed to East Carleton and to the hospital via Intwood & Cringleford.
16.06 for both rides in 66 minutes together. Bloody hot out there. Pub later to see my friend play in his band.

Brandane

Legendary Member
Decided to get my July 100km ride done and dusted early this month, before winter closes in (that could be tomorrow for us hard done to souls in Ayrshire!).

Here is where I went - Strava.

Here is some of what I saw:

Greenock from afar, with a cruise ship in port, and that is Roman Abramovich's yacht beside it. Not sure what it is doing here; maybe Roman is going to buy the famous Greenock Morton :laugh:. Any local news, @Bobby Mhor ?

IMG_1890_zpsz7tijvbh.jpg

Mr Abramovich's yacht, seen from Greenock Esplanade once I had got down from the hills:

IMG_1894_zpsz7ftj7ca.jpg

Yours truly, somewhere between Langbank and Kilmacolm. Just to prove cycling here doesn't always involve thermals and waterproofs!

IMG_1897_zpsjhilnf4p.jpg

Looks like the weather is returning to normal. This is the view from near the top of Fairlie Moor, looking west with Arran in the background.

IMG_1904_zpsrk1yentx.jpg

Trying to be arty farty with a camera and a thistle; still with Arran in the background....

IMG_1903_zps62bz0pat.jpg

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Firstly @ianrauk. Awesome job with the garmin instructions. Garmin behaved. I went off course twice - on purpose - and pressed the tick sign for it to recalculate, and it did and got me back on the prescribed route. Most happy with that.

I won't be using the mapping function myself yet for a couple of weeks but glad it seem's to have helped.

It's still very nice out, so I went for a very steady commute, through a park or two, and along some nice leafy tracks, on the Hybrid.

https://www.strava.com/activities/336946626
image.jpg

As I was setting off, I saw these guys again (they were in Reading after a ride a couple of weeks back).

image.jpg

image.jpg

:thumbsup:.

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
Decided to get my July 100km ride done and dusted early this month, before winter closes in (that could be tomorrow for us hard done to souls in Ayrshire!).

Here is where I went - Strava.

Here is some of what I saw:

Greenock from afar, with a cruise ship in port, and that is Roman Abramovich's yacht beside it. Not sure what it is doing here; maybe Roman is going to buy the famous Greenock Morton :laugh:. Any local news, @Bobby Mhor ?

IMG_1890_zpsz7tijvbh.jpg

Mr Abramovich's yacht, seen from Greenock Esplanade once I had got down from the hills:

IMG_1894_zpsz7ftj7ca.jpg

Yours truly, somewhere between Langbank and Kilmacolm. Just to prove cycling here doesn't always involve thermals and waterproofs!

IMG_1897_zpsjhilnf4p.jpg

Looks like the weather is returning to normal. This is the view from near the top of Fairlie Moor, looking west with Arran in the background.

IMG_1904_zpsrk1yentx.jpg

Trying to be arty farty with a camera and a thistle; still with Arran in the background....

IMG_1903_zps62bz0pat.jpg

Pfft..
the man couldn't buy the 'Ton...
at least a bloke with class coming to Greenock...

I checked Flyby as I'd nipped on to the track today on my way...
Yon selfie?
How come you are out before the watershed?:whistle:

13 rider

Guru
Second ride today a utility ride to move my work van from the workshop to my start location involving a car van bike shuffle . 9 miles at 12.4 mph on the hybrid in hot hot conditions and still windy . Highlight of the ride was passing a female rider with two children's windmills strapped to the handle bars pointing at her face presumely for cooling .Genius or what I just ringing Dave Brailsford to see if I can sell the idea to team sky not sure about the aero properties though.

Last edited:
Decided as it's the last chance to be on the bike for a few days to do this months fondo ride(and adventure challenge as well.Done in two parts as I had the inconvenience of actually doing some work inbetween.

First bit ok although conked out a bit on Lime Kin Hill but second half the heat really got to me and suffered a bit on the last run back to Ely.Also the HRM seemed to dislike the heat(or more likely my sweaty skin)and did a nice spike so had to stop and dry myself and the HRM after which it was ok;stop gave me the chance to top up the bottles and down a nice cold can of Coke.

Off to Bristol tomorrow for a relaxing week-end and to see the speedway GP final in Cardiff as well.

https://www.strava.com/activities/336963803

Top Bottom