Your ride today....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Katherine

Guru
A surprisingly hard:sweat: 123km with 1200m of going up, not too quick either:sad:.
After about 20km came across a closed road on my route with a diversion that would have taken me onto the A419:eek:.
Fortunately one of the workers told me how to avoid the closed road without the need for using the A419 on a road not suitable to be used as a car diversion as it was single track:okay:.
View attachment 99249

Started off warm and got warmer, much warmer, almost ran out of liquid refreshment:sweat:.
View attachment 99247 View attachment 99248

Started recovery with 2 pints of Ribena, mugs of tea and scotch pancakes^_^.
Don't forget some protein. Milk is a good idea.

Katherine

Guru
Yep - they are dairy free which is what I need being (anaphylactic shock) allergic to milk proteins so all the usual is out. I have also just found out that Wiggle have started to stock them (at a sensible price) as do Amazon (sometimes sensible and sometimes not) as well as buying them direct where you can get the short dated ones which is what I do and usually pick them up at between 33-50p a bar, never more.
Wiggle also have some additional dairy free ones which I had not come across before, so I have just placed an order several other makes as well... the delivery is due today which should make my next few rides interesting in the culinary sense!

They sell them in boxes of 6 in Tesco and I too look out for them on the short date shelf.

https://www.strava.com/activities/363410842

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

What a corker of a day.

Levo-Lon

Guru
Awsome lid RRK

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
Not so sunny today and definitely more windy. Rode over to Deal as I wanted to visit the Fowlmead centre. Just turned up, rode onto the track and started some circuits. A tads bland, but good if you're looking to increase your fitness without the worry of motorised vehicles!
Returned home having done 60 miles. Enjoyable!
Shame i was at work as i live a few hundred yards away.
The London League Cyclocross is being held there on 18th October.

Shame i was at work as i live a few hundred yards away.
The London League Cyclocross is being held there on 18th October.
I shall use it more. During the winter, I can see myself driving down and having a whizz! At least you don't have to worry about motorized vehicles!
Hope it prospers. Perhaps catch a few events too.

Top Bottom