Your ride today....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Levo-Lon

Guru
Had a super ride on the new Cube today.http://www.cube.eu/uk/bikes/fullsus...eo-140-super-hpc-tm-275-carbonnflashred-2015/

bike is a peach..little fettling to get it sharp .."flew into a stingging nettle patch" so that needs fettling for a start..nettle fixation is not good.

been a nice week here weather wise and everywhere was dry..
need to go to Cannock or better still Wales to hammer this little beauty..its a seriously good bike..

Garry A

Calibrating.....
My Run Today.

Now that the Ride London Surrey 100 is over and done with, my next goal is to run my first half marathon. I hope you don't mind if I post my results and maps up, posting my reports here in some strange way sort of motivates me to get out and run, I ain't a big fan of running me. The half marathon is in October a week before my 58 birthday, the first half marathon I will have ever done, apart from eating whole ones before the became Snickers. ( what a stupid name for a chocolate bar Snickers, Marathon was a much better name).

Anyway..3.5 miles today, up and down the track, my splits for the first 3 miles were the quickest I've done so far. when I started running at the beginning of the year I couldn't run a mile in under ten minutes, (actually I couldn't RUN a mile, I had to walk some of it) so I am getting quicker.

View attachment 99238

I started running in January too and have also signed up for my first half marathon in October (Glasgow). Which one are you doing?

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Another post work, pre-tea ride, this time on the (still not cleaned) hybrid.
I repeated Mondays route, to Scholes via Wood Lane then Rakehill Road to Barwick, this time avoiding the sea of mud although the rocky bits were as 'interesting' as ever...
Into Barwick past the chip shop :rolleyes: and the along Main Street and down Long Lane, onto Ellis Lane and across the golf course. Up to Manston Lane (roadworks still in place, so probably there for the weekend...) then across Pendas Fields and up to home.

8.69 miles in 41m 15s at an average of 12.6 mph which will do for me.

The weather is looking good for tomorrow, so I'm thinking of an early ride out on the road bike. I might even get round to cleaning the hybrid when I get back. :whistle:

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Another post work, pre-tea ride, this time on the (still not cleaned) hybrid.
I repeated Mondays route, to Scholes via Wood Lane then Rakehill Road to Barwick, this time avoiding the sea of mud although the rocky bits were as 'interesting' as ever...
Into Barwick past the chip shop :rolleyes: and the along Main Street and down Long Lane, onto Ellis Lane and across the golf course. Up to Manston Lane (roadworks still in place, so probably there for the weekend...) then across Pendas Fields and up to home.

8.69 miles in 41m 15s at an average of 12.6 mph which will do for me.

The weather is looking good for tomorrow, so I'm thinking of an early ride out on the road bike. I might even get round to cleaning the hybrid when I get back. :whistle:
If it's a nice day, double the ride and sod the cleaning!!

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
If it's a nice day, double the ride and sod the cleaning!!

That sounds like a better plan! :laugh:

Mike_P

Guru
Headed east although the road closed sign in Knaresborough was worrying, maybe the pub would be better. Choose to try the closed road and yes it was passible although as events turned out the pub may have better the choice
kboro.jpg

A lengthy loop eventually brought me to Aldwarke Toll Bridge over the River Ure. Something strange had happened with electronic devices as I later discovered the camera had reset itself to 31/12/12 while my Cycle Computer had died so I somewhat exceeded the 5mph limit and yes the boards did bounce!
Aldwarkebridge.jpg

This is the church in the village that the bridge is named after
Aldwarke.jpg

Next came Helperby Brafferton with some notable architecture
Helperby1.jpg
Helperby2.jpg

Helperby3.jpg

Thornton Bridge provided the way back over the Ure
Thornton Bridge.jpg

Heading back west this seemed like a pretty good road as I existed the village of Staveley
Staveley1.jpg

Next moment this happened
staveley2.jpg

Bruised and battered but no serious injury, however I had broke the mount of one of the prescription lens that fit inside the cycling glasses and gratefully accepted a lift home from the driver of a passing 4 wheel drive. On examining the bike once home discovered the front derailleur had rotated, the fixing of rear view mirror broke and the headset loose

Last edited:

Glow worm

Legendary Member
Just a quick POET's day 8 miler here today out on the fen.
image.jpg

This bridleway has grass just long enough to clog up jockey wheels and cassettes. Still beats the road though.

image.jpg

On White Fen the National Trust have thoughtfully provided picnic tables for weary cyclists to stop for a brew.

image.jpg

From the bridge, Swaffham Bulbeck Lode. Further along a marsh harrier appeared as a highlight at Tubney Fen. Good to see a couple of kingfishers too.
image.jpg

Later on, cycling home from the take- away place, I passed my favourite 'cyclists dismount' sign. I reckon none of us should pass these bloody things without defacing them in some way or other.

Last edited:

Garry A

Calibrating.....
Headed east although the road closed sign in Knaresborough was worrying, maybe the pub would be better. Choose to try the closed road and yes it was passible although as events turned out the pub may have better the choice View attachment 99301
A lengthy loop eventually brought me to Aldwarke Toll Bridge over the River Ouse. Something strange had happened with electronic devices as I later discovered the camera had reset itself to 31/12/13 while my Cycle Computer had died so I somewhat exceeded the 5mph limit and yes the boards did bounce!
View attachment 99302
View attachment 99303
View attachment 99305 View attachment 99306
View attachment 99307

View attachment 99308
Heading back west this seemed like a pretty good road as I existed the village of Staveley
View attachment 99309
View attachment 99310
Bruised and battered but no serious injury, however I had broke the mount of one of the prescription lens that fit inside the cycling glasses and gratefully accepted a lift home from the driver of a passing 4 wheel drive. On examining the bike once home discovered the front derailleur had rotated, the fixing of rear view mirror broke and the headset loose

Ooft! How did that happen? Pothole?

Katherine

Guru
Headed east although the road closed sign in Knaresborough was worrying, maybe the pub would be better. Choose to try the closed road and yes it was passible although as events turned out the pub may have better the choice View attachment 99301
A lengthy loop eventually brought me to Aldwarke Toll Bridge over the River Ouse. Something strange had happened with electronic devices as I later discovered the camera had reset itself to 31/12/13 while my Cycle Computer had died so I somewhat exceeded the 5mph limit and yes the boards did bounce!
View attachment 99302
View attachment 99303
View attachment 99307

View attachment 99308
View attachment 99309
View attachment 99310

Oops! Hope you are feeling better and get the bike fixed soon. As Gary says, what brought you down?

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
View attachment 99302
View attachment 99303
View attachment 99307

View attachment 99308
View attachment 99309
View attachment 99310
Bit of an abrupt way to end the ride.:sad: Have a like for the report though.

Top Bottom