Your ride today....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I had a lovely ride with a 52 total milage on Sunday that included a yummy lunch in the Drum and Monkey at Alderley Edge, finding Potsy's mural on my way home and a cuppa with young Mr. K and gf.

So today I headed for the hills north of Bolton again, to recce the route to the start of a Skyride that I got lost on last time. Then I went up more hills for a view, then home after 19 miles. View attachment 103995
What a fantastic view Katherine ....Mike.

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
My ride this afternoon was wet, very, very wet. My shoes were full of water after a mile, and visibility was a bit fuzzy to say the least. My 'On-One' cycling cap (£1.49 PlanetX bargain) was donned and made a huge difference, so the remaining 8 miles were completed being able to see where I was going!. I've now ridden every day for the last 40 days, and only 4 days off in the last 63. My missus thought I was mad going out today, she may have a point...

My ride this afternoon was wet, very, very wet. My shoes were full of water after a mile, and visibility was a bit fuzzy to say the least. My 'On-One' cycling cap (£1.49 PlanetX bargain) was donned and made a huge difference, so the remaining 8 miles were completed being able to see where I was going!. I've now ridden every day for the last 40 days, and only 4 days off in the last 63. My missus thought I was mad going out today, she may have a point...
You've ridden for 40 days ....you deserve a week of total sunshine ...great effort.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
2 miles today after fettling a Trek 7200 I traded the Gravity bicycle to get. Fastest hybrid I've ever ridden, very chuffed about this. Only cosmetic and adjusting fettling needed to be in running state. The fellow in the shop was somewhat chagrined about the bicycles condition, but I explained I thrive on such things, and see them as part of the fun of ownership.
Temperature 86 F
30C
Winds S14
41%relative humidity
30.13 barometer
Sunny.

Chapeau for gettting out so much.
As a specs wearer, rain can be an issue for visibility
I tend to avoid too much rain, until I eventually decide I am getting to soft then do a wet ride just to prove I can

Always remember coming in from a ride on holiday in Cornwall, when I was so filthy I looked like the riders at the end of Paris Roubaix

hedder2212

I've done a total of 42 miles so far this morning.
did my usual around town thing popping into all the work agencies seeing if they had anything for me.
Then I rode over to Rugeley for a agency there, came back via Cannock chase. Didn't do any of the trails but it was nice and quiet as i was passing through. Got VERY lucky and got to see one of the deer crossing across a path not too far ahead, was a nice sight. I think i need to get a camera for the handlebars so i can capture these sort of moments.
Did a couple of laps of Hatherton lake and came home.
About to head out again and doing another night ride tonight :smile:

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
I've done a total of 42 miles so far this morning.
did my usual around town thing popping into all the work agencies seeing if they had anything for me.
Then I rode over to Rugeley for a agency there, came back via Cannock chase. Didn't do any of the trails but it was nice and quiet as i was passing through. Got VERY lucky and got to see one of the deer crossing across a path not too far ahead, was a nice sight. I think i need to get a camera for the handlebars so i can capture these sort of moments.
Did a couple of laps of Hatherton lake and came home.
About to head out again and doing another night ride tonight :smile:

@hedder2212

Good stuff!

Your avatar is amusing. :smile:

sanddancer

Went for a short late night ride of just over 4 miles on Tuesday .
2 mile steep climb up the lane then back down another. Tried out the triban. Back light fell off and lost a small bolt on the raceblade longs. Bought 6 with nuts from websters for £3.60 :biggrin:
23 miles yesterday. bouts of stomach pains and an icecream headache above my right eye were annoying. Stopped for 5 mins and headache went :smile:
20150916_163052.jpg

Done some chores today and sitting here bored wondering whether to go out on the bike for an hour :reading:

edit. Found more chores :sad:

Last edited:

Mike_P

Guru
This was my view for most of the night.
We decided that tonight we would go over to cannock chase and do some of the trails.... really not advisable when its pitch black out.
could hardly see anything... and this was with a new cree light too.
Know the feeling, last week my rechargeables died and the I had creep home through the heavilly treed country park on battery lights which really did not light anything up.

hedder2212

Know the feeling, last week my rechargeables died and the I had creep home through the heavilly treed country park on battery lights which really did not light anything up.
im just getting into this whole riding in the dark stuff. Dont have to but doing it out of choice. I think im going to be buying more lights to fit to the bike :laugh: itll be like a rolling christmas tree by the time im done :laugh:

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
With all my regular chaps indisposed, either decorating, helping with removals, back at work etc., I set out on my own for a circuit of the town, mainly off-road using cycle paths along The Washlands and then Sustrans route 6 before getting onto some nice quiet lanes through Draughton,Waldgrave, Old, Hannington and Orlingbury before I managed to get a cup of tea and some cake.
It was a lot warmer than I thought it was going to be, and I was wishing I'd worn shorts and a different jacket as I was perspiring like a pig by the time I was half way round!

DSC_2354.JPG

One of the lovely quiet lanes heading up towards Draughton.

DSC_2356.JPG

A bit too claggy on the fields, but the track alongside wasn't too bad!

DSC_2364.JPG

A flying plough in Hannington village.

DSC_2366.JPG

One of my favourite stops along the way, Scotch Lodge farm and cafe in Earls Barton..

Back home (ish) on 42 miles, but as Mrs Pete didn't manage to get my windscreen wipers when she was shopping, I changed clothes and bike (to my old SS town bike) and popped down to Halfrauds to pick up a new set myself.

Finished the ride on 50 miles. Quite happy with that for the day.

https://www.strava.com/activities/394098209

:smile:

Dave the Smeghead

Über Member
Bit late this one but my ride home from work on Wednesday was WET!
At one point (and due to the drainage changes being made by the new cycle superhighway works) the road was under about 8 inches of water. As I cycled through on every downstroke my foot disappeared below the surface up to the top of my ankle!
Then saw this on the cycle in on Thursday morning (when my SPD equipped shoes were still not dry).
20150917_083918.jpg
20150917_083918.jpg
20150917_083918.jpg

Top Bottom