Your ride today....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

13 rider

Guru
View attachment 120190 View attachment 120189 No ride today :sad:
Working overtime this morning to pay for an afternoon "pimpering" session for the bike. :bicycle:
Mr M away to the football so took bike inside to add the new lights and wee bag.
Very fiddly but got there eventually. :smile:
Are those rear lights secret rocket boosters ^_^ mechanical doping to a new level :okay:
Bike looks very nice if a bit girlie for me

Gareth C

Veteran
There might be lambs in t'dale, but on t'tops, it's still winter

The weather so far this year has been mostly terrible: windy and wet, so I haven't been out much. However, time is pressing on, and I’ve committed to a number of rides this year, most notably the London Revolution, with 180 miles over two days around London. Training is required. As intermediate targets, we have the Eden Valley Epic next weekend, and somewhere in between is the Spring Onion in Surrey.

So time to get out on the bike…

Today was a cold and still overcast day, and I figured would be a good opportunity to head out from home to go around Weardale, over the tops and back via Teesdale.

It was a beautiful ride out: there are lambs in Wolsingham already!

wp_20160227_10_10_50_pro.jpg

wp_20160227_10_55_50_pro.jpg

The Chatterbox cafe was excellent as ever.

The Chapel Fell road was closed for resurfacing, but passable, and still a winter wonderland at the top.

wp_20160227_12_03_02_pro.jpg

wp_20160227_12_17_04_pro.jpg

yellow.jpg

Exfoliation by hail on the descent (again – was the same last weekend with Marie). Near Langdon Beck I stopped to chat to some twitchers, and they educated me on the rare black grouse that live up there.

It was a long slog down Teesdale, despite it being mostly downhill.

orange.jpg

Reaching Hamsterley put me on home ground, and I was even up to the climb from Witton-le-Wear over to Howdon-le-Wear to get home.

First big ride of the year was tiring!

Got this months 100km/strava Fondo done finally.

Used the first part of the club run to get me going and departed from the cafe stop to head in to that Suffolk for a meander through the villages and what passes for hills 'round here before heading back via Newmarket and then on the Soham to Stretham road.From then on it was back to Ely via Haddenham and Witchford and it was the last 10k or so when the man with the hammer appeared with some help from a now stronger headwind.

Think the recent flu also may have contributed to the late drop in fitness but managed to roll in with just over 100k done.

New saddle was good but still needs some seat-post adjustment and yesterdays fettling held up although the front mech isn't quite right and I think it needs a new cable.

Pleased to get it done on a nice sunny day and it's always nice to ride those rolling Suffolk roads after the flat ones here.

Once back watched the omloop while munching on sourdough bread,one piece with cream cheese the other marmite and peanut butter;then a mars bar for pudding:hungry: washed down with a protein shake.Then suffered on the roller but more food after with a shakshuka(tomatoes,peppers and eggs) and to come later a nice red.

Not a bad Saturday.

https://www.strava.com/activities/503533465

Sorry no pics.

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
Just a little relaxed ride down to St Weburghs near the centre of Bristol with my fiance. Hit 28mph coming down through Stoke Park :wahhey:. Through Eastville Park and we spotted the resident Heron.

View attachment 120168

We had a nice lunch at the cafe in The Better Food Co. Then a nice ride back along Concorde Way and through all the parks in the stokes.

14.5 miles, Strava here: https://www.strava.com/activities/503471418

Hugs
Archeress x

All the herons seem to have disappeared from the canal.

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Chilly and windy day here in North Devon today. 7°C and 16 mph NE winds. But at least it was dry!
Decided to get out on the carbon for the first time this year.
Had a quick run out to Bideford on the Focus Cayo. Boy, I'd almost forgotten how nice carbon and Di2 was! The new Shimano RS 81 wheels and Continental GP 4000 seemed to be doing the job and the Swiss Stop Green pads are amazing!
Anyway, did just over 27 miles, close to 1000' of climbing and averaged 17.2 mph. Not too bad for a pensioner. LOL.
Roll on Summer!

First ride out of the year for me. Not a very long one in miles but could turn out to be an important one in terms of motivation. Last year for various reasons was a bit stop / start . Hope this year will prove to be more productive. The cold air gave my asthma gip, but the downhill ride home was a lot of fun. Hopefully thats me back in the saddle long term now. All the best . Mike......

Diggs

Veteran
There might be lambs in t'dale, but on t'tops, it's still winter

The weather so far this year has been mostly terrible: windy and wet, so I haven't been out much. However, time is pressing on, and I’ve committed to a number of rides this year, most notably the London Revolution, with 180 miles over two days around London. Training is required. As intermediate targets, we have the Eden Valley Epic next weekend, and somewhere in between is the Spring Onion in Surrey.

So time to get out on the bike…

Today was a cold and still overcast day, and I figured would be a good opportunity to head out from home to go around Weardale, over the tops and back via Teesdale.

It was a beautiful ride out: there are lambs in Wolsingham already!

wp_20160227_10_10_50_pro.jpg

wp_20160227_10_55_50_pro.jpg

The Chatterbox cafe was excellent as ever.

The Chapel Fell road was closed for resurfacing, but passable, and still a winter wonderland at the top.

wp_20160227_12_03_02_pro.jpg

wp_20160227_12_17_04_pro.jpg

yellow.jpg

Exfoliation by hail on the descent (again – was the same last weekend with Marie). Near Langdon Beck I stopped to chat to some twitchers, and they educated me on the rare black grouse that live up there.

It was a long slog down Teesdale, despite it being mostly downhill.

orange.jpg

Reaching Hamsterley put me on home ground, and I was even up to the climb from Witton-le-Wear over to Howdon-le-Wear to get home.

First big ride of the year was tiring!
Love the bike @Gareth C

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
A chilled 30 miler with the Glasgow Belles on Bikes today, well yesterday now, I suppose, taking a roundabout and a wee bit hilly :whistle: detour through the suburbs of Glasgow. We were headed a couple of villages up, about 10 miles the direct route, to the David Livingstone memorial park in Blantyre. The visitors centre was closed for Christmas holidays :eek: so we had coffee and cake nearby.
Did not really want to go because my dodgy knee had been sore on the commute, but I was the leader, so I had to :laugh:
The knee behaved, the weather was crisp but sunny, Doc Livingstone is still battling the lions.
600_447265529.jpe

Gareth C

Veteran

@Diggs - last year my Dirty Disco (which had done great service) got a bulge and a crack in the frame (and was out of warranty). My mate Patrick who is (a) a professor of composites, and (b) a mad biking enthusiast, said "that's going to be nasty if you're on it when that crack grows to the seat stays; get a new one." Incidentally, he was up for the 'Ard Rock Enduro, where they had a Santa Cruz stall. The rest is history...

Top Bottom