Your ride today....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MikeW-71

Veteran
Not so much lately, commuted over the weekend and replaced the brake and gear cables on the Defy. After 2.5 years they really did need it! finished off with new bar tape and went for a shakedown ride. Just short, 13 miles but threw in a little hidden-away 15% climb as practice for a CC ride on saturday :biggrin:

Goonerobes

Its okay to be white
Almost spring like conditions down here today so a trip to the coast seemed like a nice idea for my afternoon off. (the joys of self employment :smile:)

Taking my regular south easterly route across a, not so breezy, New Forest I passed through Beaulieu after 11 miles & then reversed my usual way to the sea & down past Exbury (where they have the most amazing gardens full of Azaleas & Rhododendrons which should shortly be in bloom) & down to Lepe Beach. The return leg takes in Langley & Blackfield before Beaulieu again & back across the forest to Lyndhurst, Ashurst & home.

A very pleasant 35 miles & more fellow cyclists than I've seen for a long time on a Tuesday afternoon.

https://www.strava.com/activities/269648397

031.JPG

The River Beaulieu & the village beyond.

032.JPG

The very nice & quiet road down to Lepe beach.

033.JPG

A mill pond but hazy Solent today.

BSRU

A Human Being
A gentle 52km earlier today with 650m of going up, one day I must try cycling north of Swindon on the comparative flatlands compared to little lumpy south Swindon/Wiltshire.
Overcast/misty/foggy and cold(6 degrees) to start with even though I waited until 11am hoping for it to warm up and for the roads to dry out.
Lots of muddy roads this time of year due the tractors combined with overnight rain.

SnapShot(0).png
SnapShot(1).png

Saw a brave guy on a fixie about to tackle a short steep decent followed by a short sharp climb, glad I had my gears^_^.
SnapShot.jpg
SnapShot(2).png

When I got home tucked into a couple of nice home made fairy cakes:okay:, made on Sunday by the kids for Mothers Day.

Out for a brisk 15 miler and for once virtually no wind, bliss, well it would have been if the temp hadn't dropped so fast. I set off to meet dr_pink on her commute home, there was still enough daylight not to have the lights on but already there was a light mist forming as dusk gathered pace. I think the farmers in these parts are in competition for the neatest hedge
DCE28772-B151-4CE8-BEDC-14F783FAEA73_zpssyqi0e85.jpg

Far from the madding crowd I see a light approaching, it is so bright I know it is dr_pink [the beauty of her light is that it works like a car headlight, having main beam and dip]
The camera certainly made it look lighter than it actually was.
492038B3-3841-4F0D-8DBD-D5454EBDC6F5_zps6zx5gjtp.jpg

We love riding into the night, having good lights makes a huge difference, must organise a night ride sometime as Oakham now has an all night M&S with a small cafe area.

thetribe

Über Member
Headed out to do 20+ after work today but visibility dropped drastically when a fog rolled in so I cut short and did my usual 15.9miler (along part of the Tour of Britain route it seems) Managed to knock almost 3 mins off my previous best time on my Druridge&Back segment without really trying at an average of 16mph, must have been the lack of wind as even the wind turbines were still today.

http://www.strava.com/activities/269688422

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Out for a brisk 15 miler and for once virtually no wind, bliss, well it would have been if the temp hadn't dropped so fast. I set off to meet dr_pink on her commute home, there was still enough daylight not to have the lights on but already there was a light mist forming as dusk gathered pace. I think the farmers in these parts are in competition for the neatest hedge
DCE28772-B151-4CE8-BEDC-14F783FAEA73_zpssyqi0e85.jpg

Far from the madding crowd I see a light approaching, it is so bright I know it is dr_pink [the beauty of her light is that it works like a car headlight, having main beam and dip]
The camera certainly made it look lighter than it actually was.
492038B3-3841-4F0D-8DBD-D5454EBDC6F5_zps6zx5gjtp.jpg

We love riding into the night, having good lights makes a huge difference, must organise a night ride sometime as Oakham now has an all night M&S with a small cafe area.
I can't see the photos! Can anybody see them?

@totallyfixed - your Photobucket album is private so we can't see the pictures when you link to them. You will either have to make the album public or upload the pictures to CC!
That's odd, I haven't changed my settings and I can see them on this thread, same as all other pics I have posted :wacko:.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Yesterdays ride, posted today as usual..

All I had to do yesterday was pop over to a mate's house as he'd bulk ordered some CR2032 batteries so we could get them cheaper. I was picking up 10 for my various lights and the trip computer. Simple 15 miler there and back with only one sharpish hill out of Brackmills to get the heartbeat rising.
As I rode along the cycle path between Crow Lane and Riverside, I thought I'd seen some movement in the bushes on the embankment to the left. It was only a quick glance, but I know I saw summat! After slowing down and turning round 50 yards later and returning to the spot, I saw a chap had fallen down the slope and was stuck there. His ankle was twisted round some roots and branches and his backpack was tangled in some more foliage. I attempted to disentangle his foot and pull him back up the slope, but he was quite a hefty fella and I'm small (but perfectly formed) and stood no chance of moving him unaided. Now usually it's quite a busy path, but no one else passed by. As Riverside retail park is only half a mile away, I went there to find some assistance. Hoping to find plod there, I headed towards McDonalds. Sure enough, there in the queue was a policeman, ordering the station takeaway.
I told him what had happened and asked for some assistance. Once he'd prioritized things, he finished giving his order at the drive-through window' paid for it and grabbed the bags, he intimated that I should sort it out and maybe call an ambulance.
I apologised profusely for disturbing his breakfast and pointed out that he was actually a policeman and should maybe help? I again apologized that his Maccy D's might get cold....
He drove to where I said the problem was I told him I'd flag him down by the side of the dual carriageway. I got there and the chap had almost disentangled himself but was still well stuck. Plod parked 200 yards up the road, and despite me waving to him, he stayed there. I rode back towards him on the bike path but he was on the bridge over an underpass so I couldn't get near him.
I rode back yet again to the trapped chap and once again waved at Plod. Obviously he didn't see me in my bright yellow riding jacket!
Eventually, it was possible to aid the chap out of his predicament as he'd managed to crawl a bit nearer the top of the embankment. He wandered on his way, and I, once again, went to the side of the dual carriageway to attract the attention of the parked police car to let him know he didn't have to get off his arse and help.
He was nowhere to be seen. Obviously his McDonalds was getting cold and was more important. Jeez!!
Sorry, is this a 'My ride today' post, or a rant... :laugh:

And breathe.....
I carried on to t'other side of town, picked up my batteries and headed back home. End of ride.

DSC_0646.JPG

A calming picture of Spring happening.....

With the back and forth rides between Crow Lane and Riverside, I ended up on just over 20 miles and nearly late for w*rk.

So it goes..

https://www.strava.com/activities/269564008

:smile:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
That's odd, I haven't changed my settings and I can see them on this thread, same as all other pics I have posted :wacko:.
I can see them...
Very strange - I can normally see the pictures in the posts too!

I have just reloaded this page and I still can't see the pictures in that particular post. All pictures in all other posts in this thread are ok!

I am using my tablet. I will try my laptop later and see if I can figure out what is going on.

Hmm ... I have just gone back to look at old posts of tf's containing pictures that I definitely had no problems with at the time, and now I can't see them either - Aaaargh!

@PeteXXX - My younger sister lives in your neck of the woods (Towcester). I occasionally end up there on my bike. Maybe we can get together for a ride one day?

Saluki

World class procrastinator
A little ride from home to the hospital, passing the usual meeting place and riding up to the nurses car park, along the cycle path that brings me out near A&E and then back down the hill and along to the meeting place again. I rode past Hubster as it's rude to stop at 5.75 miles. Just up the road to one of the car park entrances where I turned round and went back to the car.
6.1 miles in 24:45 or so. I averaged 13.1mph and got up to 25.4mph :bicycle:
A great little ride that I wasn't looking forward to, only marred by discovering some Pet Shop Boys on my iPod. A compilation album must have come on. That'll teach me for using the 'shuffle' setting.

Top Bottom