Your ride today....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I did 40 laps round the local hilly park today,which is about 26 miles. I used to think that it was safer doing laps round the park than road riding but no it isn't! Cars pulling out as you approach them,then they do 10mph to slow down your 17mph,dog owners letting their dogs wander across the road when they either see or don't bother to see you approaching, and not forgetting of course the crumbling pot holed road surrounding the park!:dry:

Last edited:

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
Nice try, but I have never enabled it. (I did double-check to make sure though!)

I have started noticing the same problem in other threads now and it is annoying me. Since I have it on two different types of system and do not see the problem on other sites, I suspect that something might have changed on CycleChat in the past couple of days. I'll ask Shaun in Site Support!

Just checked on a copy of Opera running on a Win7 virtual machine. The pictures are there but large postage stamp sized as opposed to the small postcard size on Chrome.

What a lovely morning for a cycle to work. Left the house just after 6 and it was cold crisp and clear with hardly a breath of wind. Took it quite easy so I could have a good look around. Wildlife count was a fox, a buzzard, 2 roe deer and various geese, ducks and swans at the wee loch in EK. Hardly any traffic and those vehicles that did pass me were well behaved.
Ride stats were 19.3km, 263m of climbing in a shade over 50 minutes

SpaCyclist

57 miles yesterday. My longest ride for more years than I care to remember!

Initially I cycled to Wetherby, on to Knaresborough then Ripley, There was a light, but nagging headwind along this section, and it felt quite cold under grey skies. I continued on to Markington then looped round towards Boroughbridge. The next section of my route followed Dere Street. A roman road, but fortunately not too many lumps and bumps. After Cattal I turned left to head past the site of the Battle of Marston Moor. Unfortunately there was a road closure for resurfacing at this point, and pretty poor signposting of the diversion. This added an unplanned couple of miles to my route. I continued on to Askham Richard, and then turned right for home.

By the end of the journey my legs were feeling quite tired, but I am pleased to have managed the full route. I am hoping to complete a metric century before the end of the month. I saw quite a few birds of prey along the way, including Red kites, Buzzards and several Kestrels.

The route can be seen here: https://www.strava.com/activities/270220695. 3hrs 42 minutes moving, which was a decent average speed for me over this distance.

I am struggling to work out why photos should stop being visible in the Opera mobile browser on an Android tablet and the Opera desktop browser on a Windows laptop on the same day! :wacko:
Opera full has had an update recently btw.
I'm on
photoeffect_1426758241980.jpg

On my tablet which is slightly out of date according to the full version on my phone which is 28.0.1764.90386.

Both of those are showing images just fine. Have you cleared your cache?

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
First proper ride for me in over a month due to the joys of 'Episode 5'. I'm still not happy with some of the pains I'm getting so getting a blood test next week to make sure all is well before I go all out into my physio plan. Today was about movement, and starting to get those legs bending nicely. I never realised how much warmth you generate when pushing on a bit on a bike, and I really missed it today, feeling cold the entire ride despite multiple layer, hat, gloves and buff:cold:. On the plus side I did manage to get to my target of 10 miles, not without having to give myself a bit of a talking too though. Grand total of 11 miles in just over an hour, it's a start and whilst I'm rather tired the pain never got to the point of being a real concern. Roll on Sunday for my next one...:bicycle:

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Perfect morning for a ride here in North Devon. Clear blue skies and light winds.
Had a reasonably fast ride in to Barnstaple - new PR - and met up with my new cycling buddy. Rode out of Barnstaple on the A 39 and took a left turn to go up through Muddiford and the long uphill drag to On a Hill garage. Left again to Mullacott and on to Ossa borough, then down to Georgeham for coffee at The Rock. Suitably refreshed, we rode on down to Croyde (surfs up!) around Downend and back home
to Braunton.
28 miles and 1650 feet of elevation.
Nicest ride of the year, so far.:okay:^_^

D

Deleted member 23692

Played the flexi-time joker card today and finished early so I could get a quick ride in this evening. It's my usual 14 mile triangle that's always surprising traffic free despite the time of day.

No pictures as I didn't stop or put a foot on the ground, apart from crossing over foot bridge over the railway near Maryport Cottages. And it's nice to see prep work for the new cycle way bridge gathering pace :thumbsup:

Just over an hour later and I'm back home.

full.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Not a big ride by any means but a ride never the less. Got daughters bike out of the shed and gave it a check over. Then had to give it a cheeky road test. Got a lot of strange looks as folk did a double take when they saw an overweight skinhead riding a pink ladies mtb. I remember thinking must get some spokey dokeys for this machine just to complete my new look.

Left work at 12.45 in beautiful spring sunshine. Great I thought, this is going to be a cracking afternoon ! Unfortunately 30 mins later the cloud and hazy mist had rolled in and that was that. Still had a good ride though, out through Kirkliston to South Queensferry, through the Hopetoun estate, fiddled about in the lanes through Philpstoun to arrive at the bottom of the Kings Cavill climb, up there, on past Beecraigs to the climb past the Korean War Memorial, down into Bathgate where a brutal left turn up the Cairnpapple climb, headed back east through the lanes, through Broxburn and Almondell CP, over the Kirkliston level crossing and back along Long Dalmahoy Road. 52 miles and 3, 300 ft climbing according to Strava. Saw quite a few more lambs :smile:
Thermometer showing 10 degrees when I got back, that's my first ride in double figure degrees all year :smile:

Last edited:

Archeress

Veteran
It was that time of the week again and I had to go for another CBT session. I also had to go to the bank (tax rebate :okay:) so I decided to go via Kingswood as there is a branch of Barclays there. Heading towards Parkway I missed my turning but as it was into a crescent I took the next turning. From Downend it was a gentle but almost constant climb up to Kingswood, but after dropping the cheque off at the bank I was able to coast all the way to the ring road. I popped over the ringroad and into Warmley and had my packed lunch by the side of the Bristol to Bath railway path. I had a little fun with my camera (using my new Ultrapod 2 tripod which can be strapped to fence posts and the like with a supplied velcro strap. It is nice and lightweight at 47g so ideal for cycling trips). Popped on down to the surgery a mile or so further along the railway path for the CBT session. The ride home was tougher this week, it felt like I was cycling onto a headwind all the way home. I decided to skip coffee at the Warmley Station, instead choosing to have a hot chocolate and flapjack at the golf centre Starbucks. Then it was on home, beating my QOM time from last week.

IMG_0339.jpg

IMG_0341.jpg

IMG_0345.jpg

IMG_0340.jpg

20150319_151244.jpg

Ride is here: https://www.strava.com/activities/270735992

Hugs
Archeress x

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
Slightly belatedly, I've had a couple of interesting commuting days: pretty foggy in the morning followed by cool but very pleasant spring-like afternoons.

Yesterday was nice enough that I thought I'd take the scenic route home (my colleagues say; don't you take the scenic route already?:wacko:) and headed through Wroxeter to Cressage and home via Acton Burnell, Condover and over Lyth Hill. 10 miles on the way out and 18 on the way home

This morning the visibility was worse still. I did a good deed by directing a van driver who'd missed his junction in the fog, then shortly after had to take a detour due to an unexpected road closure. The detour meant I passed my boss picking up milk for the tea :okay:, it also meant I had to use a road I'm not that keen on due to it being a bit of a rat run :headshake:(and today was no exception).

The return trip was very pleasant in the sunshine and light winds. Loads of traffic on the A49 though so I lost a few minutes waiting for my turn to go.

Another 20 miles to add to the tally.

DSC0002075.jpg

Glad I'm mostly on quiet roads in the fog.

DSC0002074.jpg

Still a bit misty in the evening but it was a nice light.

Last edited:
Top Bottom