Your ride today....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BSRU

A Human Being
Got out early this morning, only about 21 miles but managed over 16mph ave. A lovely bright morning and from Howden went to Wressle, Bubwith, Spaldington and back. Used my new Merida carbon with my Brooks saddle on it, an odd combination but I'm hoping to use them for a 100 miler next week.
I have a Brooks on my Specialized Roubaix, looks good to me and very very comfy:okay:

ScotiaLass

Guru
My ride was actually yesterday....the longest one this year of 31 miles!

A fellow Belle and myself decided on a 'little' run on NCR76, and headed to Culross, where we stopped for coffee and cake.
We cycled a bit further along the Forth before heading back.
The headwind back was a bit of a mare and the small hills really sapped me - didn't help that Priscilla the b*tch, wouldn't drop into granny gear so I was left getting up them in 11th gear.

It was a cracking ride although my body tells me otherwise today!

20150320_100409.png

Almost the start point for me...

20150320_105740.png

Clackmannan Bridge

20150320_121759.png

The pretty village of Culross

20150320_123903.png

Cake!

20150320_115720.png

Across the Forth

11066507_1428236470803195_9019861452242065997_n.jpg

Me and Priscilla

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Yesterdays ride, posted today..
After a quite reasonable 01:00 finish yesterday morning, I had to be up early to fill up with petrol and do some shopping before the world ended at 09:36....
Luckily I survived the Post Apocalyptic carnage of the eclipse and managed to get out for a few miles with a mate between him taking his kid to the play centre and me picking my granddaughter up from school.

They've been dredging the Nene recently.

DSC_0652.JPG

I want his job! I thought the boat driver was doing a great job pushing this barge upstream.

First stop was calling into a mates house to decide where we were going to ride to in the couple of hours we had to spare.

DSC_0653.JPG

A mate was fixing his old Landrover a few miles away so we called in and drank his tea for half an hour, then headed through Harleston Firs and the golf course where, due to the shrubbery being hacked back, the p*ncture fairy struck my back tyre. Wheel of and new tube fitted in a few minutes and we were on our way over Pitsford Res and towards my side of town.

DSC_0661.JPG

It's quite a steep drag up from the water at this point. Almost unrideable when it's wet at the tyres have trouble gripping the soggy grass. No such problems today though.

By now, it was getting near to the end of my playtime so we headed homewards via Spectacle Lane ford where we went our separate ways.
I got home with 20 minutes to spare. Just enough for a coffee and a shower before school kicked out.

27 miles in great weather. I wish I'd have worn my shorts today as it was really warmer than expected.

https://www.strava.com/activities/271178326

:smile:

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Quick dash out this morning to Tescos, to pick up a few last minute items before family descend on us this weekend.
Decided to make the most of it and went the hilly way in to Barnstaple, then back along the Tarka Trail to Tescos in Braunton. Quick zip around the marshes and back home.
What would have been a 2.5 mile flat trip ended up as a 14 mile round trip with 550 feet of elevation gain and 4 PR's.
Well, it was such a nice morning! ^_^

Simontm

Veteran
So did the Hampton Court to West Horsley part of Ride London before heading back through Downside and Esher. Glad I am learning the route as I have only gone up Church lane in Ripley Pyrford before, never down it. Must be a bit hairy with so many riders.

Cool and windy but was fast (for me!). 30m in about 1:45

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Deffo the first! :okay:

63 miles with West Lothian Clarion this morning. Cold but beautifully sunny. Snow visible on Ben Ledi and adjacent peaks. Joined the run at East Calder then west through a network of little lanes and hills to end up in Slamannan, famous I believe for wintering brent geese. Here we looped back to Linlithgow where the run was stopping for a cafe, I carried on back home to Edinburgh.

Goonerobes

Its okay to be white
Living in the flatlands of Hampshire it's not very easy to complete a Stava climbing challenge whilst also trying to work for a living so when I noticed last night I could, with a route of 3000ft today, I checked my previous rides & found one from last June which seemed to fit the bill.

A chilly north easterly greeted me as I set off for a brief visit to the New Forest before heading into the Test Valley on bone dry roads for a change! Passing through Wellow, Lockerley, East & West Dean before hitting a series of short punchy climbs around the hamlets of Winterslow & Pitton, one of which nearly caught me out as I'd forgotten it was there & had put my foot down for the few flat miles beforehand.

The village of Alderbury was next before passing Downton & heading back into the New Forest for the final 20 or so miles to home. The sun popped its head out briefly as I went through Lover, Nomansland, Bramshaw & Calmore & the required 3000ft were done.

However, I was just about home with 58 miles on the clock when I thought its not a bad day & I've still got the time & energy for a metric ton so a quick around the block to Woodlands & Ashurst to make it a total of 63 very pleasant miles.

https://www.strava.com/activities/271682693

002.JPG

A tad grey & murky in the Test Valley countryside today.

007.JPG

I made friends with these fellas who shared my rice cake lunch, although this turned out to be a bit of a schoolboy error on my part as I was starving later!

009.JPG

The new love of my life. (Its no wonder I'm single! :whistle:)

Another ride down the Whitegate Way and a frost overnight told me to wrap up warm this morning. I find I seem to get colder on the recumbent trike, or perhaps it is because I'm cycling in my normal clothing - I don't know... anyhow another day, excellent light, so I will let my photos talk rather than me because my head is spinning today from the morphine I have needed to take.

But first some of the flora and fauna I spotted today caught me off guard though. Hazel is now starting to leaf and I don't just mean showing signs, it is actually in leaf and I saw a flowering black current unfurling its flowers today as well. On the fauna side of things, I spotted a Goldcrest which took me by surprise, plus the usual buzzards and all the other standard hedgerow birds.

IMG_2335.JPG

Early morning ground frost still lingering on the grassy slopes away from the sun.

IMG_2344.JPG

Early morning ground frost still lingering on the grassy slopes away from the sun.

IMG_2346.JPG

I just had to stop and take this picture... the light was stunning!

IMG_2348.JPG

The bench is the 1 mile marker and the start/end of the muddy section.

IMG_2350.JPG

Alongside the scout camp - 5 separate troops (some could be DoE) were there overnight.

IMG_2351.JPG

And the advantage of zoom.... or how I see the world. If you can see it, there is a bench on the left of the track... that is the 2 mile marker.

IMG_2356.JPG

Somehow, on the way home, looking behind me always looks nicer (but I need to keep the mirror cleaner!).

14.5km and the end of the line (I think) and 11.4kph, a touch faster (OK a good 1kph faster) but I think that has more to do with the mud drying out and making triking off-road easier!
https://www.strava.com/activities/271562306

Top Bottom