Your ride today....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
Too cold for riding today, especially with rain occurring where cloudiness was supposed to this afternoon, and bitter winds as well. Midwestern style spaghetti for dinner, though. I'll probably start indoor training this week. Mrs. GA may join me.

Chilly commute this morning but apart from some chilly fingers early on was pretty cosy(*clothing list below^_^).

Steady run in along the A10/Horningsea route and was a bit strange as I'd broken my HRM strap:rolleyes::banghead: so was riding old school;nice ride finished off with a coffee and toast at Espresso Library.

https://www.strava.com/activities/790379669

(*Craft light jacket/race cape,DHB Ride London ls Jersey,Castelli ls jersey,Aldi ls base layer,DHB aw14 padless tights,Lusso bib-shorts,DHB merino socks,Castelli neoprene overshoes,This Is Cambridge Omloop cap and Sportful sotto zero gloves.)

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
Crikey it's cold at the moment. Negative numbers Celsius in the night and just getting plus numbers in the daytime (3 C). The sunshine and blue skies make it worth the while so off I went for the old winter standby loop. Roads had been gritted but not the lanes so when I turned at Birt's Street and the tarmac looked a bit dodgy I took my time. It turned out not too bad fortunately and I didn't really encounter proper ice, just the odd patches of frost in the shadows. Even so I chose the least iffy bits of road to stay as safe as I could. I'd heard that the lane around by the white rabbit had been finally resurfaced. Indeed it was and what a super job has been done. It has taken many many years for this to be fixed. Let's hope it stays fixed and not dug up for some pipework or whatever. Despite the cold I got the legs turning quite well today and the lack of any wind was very helpful. Lovely ride round today for sure. 34 smiles

GuyBoden

Guru
Short 30+ Mile ride around Cheshire. Not much wind, mostly cloudy and no ice after 11am.

Flittogate%20Lane_zpspjjbtigp.jpg

Flittogate lane, where the 1968 National Champs took place, Flittogate lane was where the competitors were parked and left their belongings. That's my 1988 Raleigh Gemini winter bike, the most modern bike I have.

Lewis%20Carroll_zpsrosqotxo.jpg

Charles Dodgson's birth place, eminent Professor of Maths at Christ Church College Oxford, also wrote a few children's books. I stumbled on his birth place when I was out cycling as a teenager, the place has been revamped since, I remember when there was only this sign in a field.

Last edited:

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
Hit the deck today , rear wheel had been slipping under power so m guessing oil/ diesel .
Nice bit of road rash and ripped bar tape.
Yikes. Hope you are OK

Old jon

Guru
A repeat of a ride I did last month, there are only so many combinations of roads I can put together. And anyway, my Garmin got the distance wrong. By 17.8 yards. Must have been taking the twiddly bits wider. Wednesday around here was hideously cold, inch thick ice on the bird bath, an easy decision not to ride.

Holbeck triangle again, the amount of discarded stuff scattered around a virtually deserted area is so strange. Long ago bin wagons on bumpy roads used to lose some of their contents quite often, I would not have though it happened these days. Ride through Hunslet, climb to John o’ Gaunts and turn left to pass through Woodlesford. The drop past the station really was cold. Left, cross canal and river, little traffic for a change, up the series of lumps through Swillington and follow that with a few larger lumps around the north side of Garforth, carrying on to Lotherton Gates and left again for AberfordThe ex pub at the corner of Cattle Lane is still being renovated, I suspect it is to be reinvented as some sort of desirable residences.

Barwick just seems to stay the same, as does Scholes and the climbs that take you through them. A bit of A 64, Thorner Lane to Skeltons Lane to Red Hall Lane and the brisk drop down Boot Hill, fingers beginning to feel the cold, and home in 28.3 miles. Another good one.

For the cartographers among us,

02122016.jpg

Top Bottom