Your ride today....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Quick dash around Braunton Marshes to the village this morning, to pick up a newspaper.
My cycling buddy had beaten my PB around the marshes the other day by 25 seconds.
He did 12:12.:angry:
I blitzed it this morning - taking two and a half minutes off his time. 9:50. Stitch that! :tongue::laugh:
Not that it's competitive, mind.:whistle:

Last edited:

BigAl68

Über Member
52 miles of canal path along N4 to Melksham and back to Bath on the Ken Bird. Good to see the bike go over and through any terrain today as it's going to have to do it at Eroica in June. Quiet on way out but a bit like the M5 on a bank holiday Monday on the way back. Stopped for my usual lunch of cider and peanuts and had another by the canal 5 miles from home.
DSC_1301.JPG
DSC_1303.JPG
DSC_1305.JPG
DSC_1307.JPG
DSC_1311.JPG
DSC_1316.JPG
DSC_1317.JPG
DSC_1319.JPG
DSC_1323.JPG
DSC_1325.JPG

13 rider

Guru
Set of this morning in glorious sunshine :sun: of to meeting point in Swithland from Anstey via Cropston . Met up with mate who only had an hour to spare do quick replan of route . Off through Swithland and pass Hallgates entrance to Bradgate park which was getting busy due to the nice weather .Past the golf course loads of golfists out on to beacon cross roads swung left and left again on to Charley rd.Turned left up through Oaks in Charnwood instead of normal straight on we swung left downhill and left again and retraced are route back to beacon crossroads this time straight on up beacon hill the easy way and then a fast descent into Woodhose Eaves right into the village and up church hill and back to Swithland. 20 miles done ,mate headed home and I headed of chasing some miles to get April's metric half century done. Retraced route back to beacon crossroads this swung left and kept straight on to Copt Oak .Left at the lights and on to Markfield then into Newtown Linford which was a traffic nightmare the car park to Bradgate Park was full so there was cars everywhere and even more people the last mile home was slow progress overtaking parked cars and queuing behind cars . Home with 36 miles at an average of 12.5mph in the bag lovely ride in sunshine a very little wind ,loads of cyclists out today all taking advantage of the weather .Living close to Bradgate park is wonderful except on a sunny bank holiday when the traffic and parking is a nightmate

Last edited:

BrynCP

Über Member
After yesterday's lack of energy, decided to stay within a short radius of home today, but not wanting to be defeated, I decided to get in a few hills!

Managed 30 miles in total, and 3 climbs (Woodgates Lane, Elloughton Dale and Brantingham Dale) and felt fine. Did all the climbs in one, including Brantingham which I walked up yesterday!

Sun was out and first day of the year I have passed a lot of other cyclists on my route.

upload_2015-4-6_16-17-0.png

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Set of this morning in glorious sunshine :sun: of to meeting point in Swithland from Anstey via Cropston . Met up with mate who only had an hour to spare do quick replan of route . Off through Swithland and pass Hallgates entrance to Bradgate park which was getting busy due to the nice weather .Past the golf course loads of golfists out on to beacon cross roads swung left and left again on to Charley rd.Turned left up through Oaks in Charnwood instead of normal straight on we swung left downhill and left again and retraced are route back to beacon crossroads this time straight on up beacon hill the easy way and then a fast descent into Woodhose Eaves right into the village and up church hill and back to Swithland. 20 miles done ,mate headed home and headed of chasing some miles to get April's metric half century done. Retraced route back to beacon crossroads this swung left and kept straight on to Copt Oak .Left at the lights and on to Markfield then into Newtown Linford which was a traffic nightmare the car park to Bradgate Park was full so there was cars everywhere and even more people the last mile home was slow progress overtaking parked cars and queuing behind cars . Home with 36 miles at an average of 12.5mph in the bag lovely ride in sunshine a very little wind ,loads of cyclists out today all taking advantage of the weather .Living close to Bradgate park is wonderful except on a sunny bank holiday when the traffic and parking is a nightmate

I do admire how you keep going out and do the hilly parts of Leicester, puts my climbing to shame

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Okay my ride today. I got up at 05:45 with the aim of being out of the door by 07:00. Looked out the window and it was pretty foggy, so I sat down and started watching the telly. Our lass came down about 08:30 and asked if I was going out. "Waiting for the bloody fog to lift," was the reply she got.

Just before 9 the fog looked like it had disappeared, weather forecast said light northerly winds, so I decided to head north with no particular route in mind, it was going to be one of those follow my nose rides.. Hit fog after about 5 miles, but then it disappeared as quickly as I hit it. After 20 miles I was decidedly warm, so I stopped at the side of the road and stripped off. Off came the bikesters, the long sleeved jersey (wear a ss one underneath it,) the wooly gloves and the skull cap. All got stuffed into my packaway rucksack that lives in the triangle bag.

Ended up reaching the outskirts of Nottingham before heading back south and then going west. Glorious weather, lots of cyclists out. Saw one lad pushing his bike so stopped to see if I could help him. Puncture, wouldn't take a tube from me as he said he was nearly home. Stopped again when I saw a lady pushing her bike, she was just having a breather!

Took one photo (normally never take them but loved this sign)

WP_20150406_11_38_41_Pro[1].jpg

103.5 miles in total, second imperial in three days and my twentieth in all, a long way to go to catch a fair few on here, but only another 80 to get my hundred hundreds (another six and half years should do it :laugh:)

https://www.strava.com/activities/280313713

Goonerobes

Its okay to be white
The sun was out & so were my legs for the first time this year as I'd managed to get all my chores done this morning & it would have been criminal not to get out for a couple of hours to enjoy the warmth.

Fortunately, I have learnt over the years where not to go on a bank holiday due to the influx of tourists to the area so I kept well away from them today & stuck to the north eastern corner of the New Forest where most of the roads were as quiet as usual as I made my way up through Landford & Hampworth to the village of Redlynch & passing just a few families out on mountain bikes also enjoying the sun.

From there it was back down Roger Penny Way to Nomansland, swallowing my second & third flies of the year as I did! After a quick turn turn to the east & then back up Bramble Hill I headed for home for a pleasant 31 mile round trip.

https://www.strava.com/activities/280294194

006.JPG

The view from the highest point in the forest at Pipers Wait with Wiltshire in the distance.

008.JPG

There are still quiet roads even on a bank holiday if you know where to look! ^_^

13 rider

Guru
I do admire how you keep going out and do the hilly parts of Leicester, puts my climbing to shame
Thanks for the compliment .As a live a mile away from Bradgate park ,Charnwood forest and the hills and quiet lanes seem the obvious place to head.That said my longer rides tend to be east towards Melton along the Wreake and Soar valleys hence flatter roads.

13 rider

Guru
Okay my ride today. I got up at 05:45 with the aim of being out of the door by 07:00. Looked out the window and it was pretty foggy, so I sat down and started watching the telly. Our lass came down about 08:30 and asked if I was going out. "Waiting for the bloody fog to lift," was the reply she got.

Just before 9 the fog looked like it had disappeared, weather forecast said light northerly winds, so I decided to head north with no particular route in mind, it was going to be one of those follow my nose rides.. Hit fog after about 5 miles, but then it disappeared as quickly as I hit it. After 20 miles I was decidedly warm, so I stopped at the side of the road and stripped off. Off came the bikesters, the long sleeved jersey (wear a ss one underneath it,) the wooly gloves and the skull cap. All got stuffed into my packaway rucksack that lives in the triangle bag.

Ended up reaching the outskirts of Nottingham before heading back south and then going west. Glorious weather, lots of cyclists out. Saw one lad pushing his bike so stopped to see if I could help him. Puncture, wouldn't take a tube from me as he said he was nearly home. Stopped again when I saw a lady pushing her bike, she was just having a breather!

Took one photo (normally never take them but loved this sign)

View attachment 84890

103.5 miles in total, second imperial in three days and my twentieth in all, a long way to go to catch a fair few on here, but only another 80 to get my hundred hundreds (another six and half years should do it :laugh:)

https://www.strava.com/activities/280313713
Did you see Batman ,he's never there when I ride through Gotham .

jnrmczip

So took the little man out today with me only done 14 miles from castlemilk along the side of the Clyde from shawfield stadium into kelvingrove back to the green and home went at a slow pace just enjoying the views and the weather which I must say has been excellent the last couple of days on the bike. Looking a bit overcast for tomorrow but who cares it's dry Woohoo back on the saddle. So glad to be off work the rest of the week can spend everyday on the bike and not just the commute.

Photo of my bike at the new bridge built near shawfield stadium. Nope wrong photo this one was along the side of the Clyde where we had a wee bite to eat

Attachments

• 20150406_125335.jpg
    20150406_125335.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 49
Top Bottom