Your ride today....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
Margaret PR met me on Hook Bank. It was to be an easy chatting ride. And so it was. We even stopped at The Mythe for coffee and scones. After more chat we took to the loop by Strensham. At Upton I was invited in for some tea and a chat with Graham R. After 2 long mugs it was time to leave and take the standard run back. Nice easy one despite the chill north wind. 37 smiles on this one.

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
Struggled to go out today, the weather was rubbish, and apparently I had stuff to do at home. Ended up being a half decent amble out through Foxhills and a roundabout route to Walton Bridge before returning home. Slightly slower today, legs still feeling empty so probably best to back off a little as I'm off hiking on Monday. 23.1 miles done, then a slow utility ride to drop library books off.

Will Spin

Über Member
image.jpeg
On my ride today: Hampshire Constabulary's demonstration of safe driving in country lanes goes badly wrong. I couldn't get past on my bike so had to make a detour involving more hills.

Venod

Eh up
Good club ride today to Garrowby Hill to watch stage 1 of TDY 83 mile round trip, needless to say the roads were packed with cyclists, we had a cafe stop at Allerthorpe Lake, before cycling through a well decorated Pocklington and up to the top of Garrowby Hill, the race passed quickly as always but what a great day out with a great bunch of people.

18119249_10213093327150408_8151850487305789841_n.jpg

JohnnyRoyal

View attachment 349801 On my ride today: Hampshire Constabulary's demonstration of safe driving in country lanes goes badly wrong. I couldn't get past on my bike so had to make a detour involving more hills.
Just to say that the driver, a colleague, of the police vehicle was on his way responding to a serious grade 1 incident and had no where to go when the tractor came around the corner. no serious injuries though.

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Mrs CT is now only 4 weeks away from doing Ride the Night so she wanted to up her mileage to 3 quarters of the event length. I took her north up towards the airship sheds at Cardington, through Pirton, Shillington, Shefford, Old Warden and Cople. We had lunch in Cardington before heading south, and we were lucky enough to catch the Airlander out of it's hangar. Coldish day, with the occasional bit of warmth from a peeping sun.
45.4 miles, 73 kilometres.

temporary_file1777686905.jpg

20170428_191035.jpg

20170428_190956.jpg

20170428_150334.jpg

Attachments

• 20170428_191035.jpg
    20170428_191035.jpg
    193.4 KB · Views: 55

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
A utilitarian ride this morning, with a couple of hits for the Trigpointing thread thrown in for good measure.

IMG_1335.JPG

Sywell Church

IMG_1338.JPG

Moulton Church

Once through Sywell & Moulton, I headed to Spring Hill to sort out my house insurance with NFU, where the lovely ladies made me a coffee whilst dibbling in the numbers, and value of bikes to be covered, on their PC.
After half an hour stop, I rode down Merry Tom Lane then past Chapel Brampton railway station.

IMG_1341.JPG

I did the hill up, so I deserve the descent :becool:

Back home via the town centre where I had to pop into a garage to check out a few cars as mine will soon need replacing.
Nothing any good there though, so the hunt will go on!

Untitled.png

Back home on 30 miles.Chilly at first, but improving by the hour on the way round. The sun burst out just as I arrived home

https://www.strava.com/activities/961421370

:smile:

Just to say that the driver, a colleague, of the police vehicle was on his way responding to a serious grade 1 incident and had no where to go when the tractor came around the corner. no serious injuries though.
The tractors can appear from nowhere round here. I've had more close calls than I can shake a stick at.

That's at least a good thing. :thumbsup:

Actually, combine harvesters are the worst... They've got spikes on the front... :unsure:

https://www.relive.cc/view/961648068

This was a very 'interesting' ride.

IMG_4230.JPG

Rapeseed crops coming on a treat.

IMG_4232.JPG

Quiet roads.

IMG_4233.JPG

My favourite type of Coffee ( free, due to accrued loyalty points).

IMG_4235.JPG

Goodwood race circuit.

IMG_4239.JPG

The top of 'the trundle'.

http://www.westsussex.info/trundle-view.shtml

IMG_4244.JPG

Beer.

Coming down off of 'the trundle' is a nearly -25% section of arrow straight drop. At about 46 mph having just moved into the drops and accelerating, I could have done without someone in a BMW, squeezing past, pulling in immediately, then yamming the anchors on, to be fair :eek:. Time slowed down, I missed the tw@ by about a millimetre, which is fortunate, because the last time some complete monkey did pretty much exactly the same thing, at exactly the same place, my bike went through their rear screen, and I cleared their car and ended up in the hedge. History repeating, This time I won.:eek:

I set out with enough food and drink supply for a flat ( ish ) 100 Km ride. Then did 140 Kms with 'the trundle' and 2 trips up Portsdown hill included. Unsurprisingly I completely ran out of fuel after 80 miles, and had to stop to refuel, as I was about to black out ( been there done that). Anyway, somehow I made it back alive.
:eek::bicycle:

Top Bottom