Your ride today....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bryony

Veteran
Well done girls . We expect to see you now doing some of Dannys tricks on here.
I'm working on them as we speak! :laugh:

Bryony

Veteran
My ride yesterday was the Tour de Sandwich 50k route. I did it on my own last year, and loved it but this year I had my friend from work keep me company.

It was a very windy day and was quite hot and humid too so made the going a bit tough, but we thoroughly enjoyed it. We rode through some of the best countryside Kent has to offer and through some very pretty villages.
IMG_0798.PNG

IMG_0791.JPG

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
The commute home this morning was hard work, and one of my slowest ever, probably working too many nights. On the other hand, it could have been the flat front tyre which I only noticed when I got out of bed this afternoon:rolleyes:
New tube fitted, and tonights commute was also slow as the wind has swung round, on the plus side I hope for a tailwind on the way home.

TeeShot

Veteran
IMG_1602.JPG
IMG_1598.JPG
A brief preamble if you'll bare with me. For the last couple of years I've been selling the benefits of cycling to several of my fellow golfers. From short local rides (south Manchester) we've ventured further afield this year, Blackpool, Llandudno, The Monsal trial, all van assisted. Anything from 10 to 30 miles. They now understand the benefits of correct saddle height, enough air in their tyres and most importantly, that every ride should include at least one pub/cafe/refreshment stop.

Today three of us drove into Derbyshire to tackle the High Peak trail from Parsley Hey, down to Carsington water, then across to Tissington and back UP to the van. Much wind, a tad chilly, 30 miles and a bit lumpy.

Their cycling ability has improved hugely over the past couple of years which is more can be said for their golf!!!!
The two pics are Tissington Hall and the visitors centre at Carsington water

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
Bloody saddle sores, always ruining the best-laid plans... :angry: I had planned to repeat yesterday's and Saturday's rides, i.e. doing 88.5km and 1775m climbing, by riding up nearby Mt Dandenong 3 times. I only did the first 2 climbs today, for a total of about 76km and 1400m climbing. The saddle sore prevented any more. It's on the perineum and impossible to ignore, as I couldn't find a comfortable position on the saddle. I might have to take tomorrow off cycling.

Bloody saddle sores, always ruining the best-laid plans... :angry: I had planned to repeat yesterday's and Saturday's rides, i.e. doing 88.5km and 1775m climbing, by riding up nearby Mt Dandenong 3 times. I only did the first 2 climbs today, for a total of about 76km and 1400m climbing. The saddle sore prevented any more. It's on the perineum and impossible to ignore, as I couldn't find a comfortable position on the saddle. I might have to take tomorrow off cycling.

Ouch!

Old jon

Guru
Ages and ages since I had a ride. The rest of life caught me and would not let go. Lets see how long before it realises I have escaped.

A fine morning made the decision to ride easy, although I would like to think that I would have gone out anyway. The route was already in mind, a friend told me of riding up Otley Chevin on Sunday, so in the belief it was the Old Chevin I thought I should try the same thing. Hmm! But, there is a deal of riding to do to reach the bottom of that hill.

Navigate Holbeck, find the end of the navigation eventually and ride along the towpath to Viaduct Road, Cardigan Road to Headingley. A little diversion along Wood Lane, I was a delivery service that far, and then the A 660 all the way to the Dyneley Arms and Pool Bank. Down the hill and through Pool on the A 658, across the River Wharfe and continue to the left turn for Leathley. A red Kite was showing off above a field to my right, it is a good job the road is a quiet one . . .

Turn left to cross the River Washburn at Leathley Bridge and when the road bends right and begins ascending the quiet road is magically transformed, I don’t think. My lungs were trying hard. As was the rest of the aged body. The road looks as if it is levelling out but certainly does not feel that way for quite a distance. Then all of a sudden, it does.

After the whizz factor into Otley, I have the Old Chevin to try. It beat me. Two stops before I pedalled thankfully away from the final crest of that climb. That was hard indeed. I cannot find a road number, it is called East Chevin Road, says Google Earth. I have other names for it. After the effort, the rest of the ride is tame. At some point, the road becomes Otley Old Road, then back to the A 660 for the relaxing ride to Headingley, turn for Kirkstall and the towpath. Home after just shy of thirty one miles and 1800 + feet of climbing. My legs do not like me much, but I care not.

The map. Not compulsory viewing.

13062017.jpg

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
A much swifter commute home this morning than of late, the wind being a little more in my favour. Took the Brompton up town for shopping this afternoon, and then spent a bit of time this afternoon on the commuter. After 6300 miles and 3 chains it was time for a new cassette, so it got a bit of a clean up at the same time. BB is creaking, and on stripping down the bearings are very stiff and notchy, so new one ordered. Can't complain at 6300 miles from a PF30 BB.

Donger

Convoi Exceptionnel
My first ride since Saturday. My thighs were still aching from my audax, but I no longer felt like I'd done a bucking bronco ride on an anvil, so out I went for a little leg loosener. Out to Frampton on Severn and back ... 20.1 miles. A bright, sunny, windless evening that was just perfect for cycling.
The waterfront at Epney:
138 Sunny evening, Epney.JPG

The mirror calm Severn looking deceptively harmless:
139.JPG

And the Gloucester & Sharpness Canal also looking like a mirror at Splatt Bridge, Frampton:
140.JPG

You've got to love cycling on evenings like these. That has loosened up the legs nicely.
Cheers, Donger.

Top Bottom