Your ride today....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
7.1 miles this day, on the new (to me) Trek 500 . Much like my beloved Trek 600, only able to take wider tires. It is a triathlon bike, apparently. Lovely day, cloudy, warm and humid, and I got going later than usual due to lots of things going on around here. Plenty of cyclists about.
82F, 27C
Winds E6
Relative humidity 72%
Barometer 30.05 1018.7mb
Chinese food, and fried dumplings, forecast for dinner.

Freds Dad

Veteran
After using my former BT skills to move a colleagues phone socket after work I was home for 5.30 and as the weather was so nice I went for an 18 miler around the leafy lanes and villages.

Beautiful sunny evening passing Jodrell Bank, pausing slightly to watch the cricket in Lower Peover and then through Goostrey, Twemlow and Marton and back to Siddington.
One day I will work out how to upload the Strava route picture.

<iframe height='405' width='590' frameborder='0' allowtransparency='true' scrolling='no' src='View: https://www.strava.com/activities/1069271261/embed/91b6e809e2be28997163f58fad6860fe263d108a
'></iframe>

Last edited:
Again putting off the three hills of Ride London, I went for the three homes of national sports.
Through Kingston up to Twickenham and my first stop, the RFU and Twickenham stadium...
View attachment 360499
Then through to Ealing and the North circular and a quick stop at the Ace Cafe...
View attachment 360500
Before heading to Wembley and the home of English football...
View attachment 360501
A quick stop at Neasden to marvel at that wonderful temple...
View attachment 360502
Then south eastwards - in fact a bit too south as I had to pop back up through Kilburn to get to St Johns Wood and the home of Cricket, the MCC and Lords...
View attachment 360503
From there I bombed south through the west end and onto Kings Road, from there to Putney then Priory Lane and Richmond Park. Over Spankers Hill to Kingston again, Surbiton then home.

45 miles, 3:04

View attachment 360504
Don't thinki you'll find those hills too bad

See you're often riding round this area (Staines)

rugby bloke

Veteran
One of my usual spins out to Salcey Forest and the villages. Perfect cycling conditions, I thought I was a quick ride however Strava told me it was not better than average ! My trusty old saddle broke at the weekend so I'm trying out a new one. Not convinced that its set up correctly so a bit more fettling will be required.

upload_2017-7-6_8-26-1.png

Simontm

Veteran
Don't thinki you'll find those hills too bad

See you're often riding round this area (Staines)

Hah, I know the hills very well. It's laziness attm! I know with the new bike I'm gonna have to do them before Ride London just to know the gearing.

I'm just outside Kingston so head off in various directions for a couple of hours riding with the Windsor and back via Staines or Thorpe one of the more regular ones.

Simontm

Veteran
@Oxo & @Freds Dad. The only way I know how to upload the Strava route picture is to go to your ride on Strava, click the share button ( a square with arrow pointing up) that will show the route image, screenshot the image. Go to photos, crop the image and post as you would a photo.
Or if on the ap, click the map then screenshot it (power + home button on iphone) then crop

OP
OP
gbb

gbb

Legendary Member
Home from work at 4 o'clock, sunny and 28 degrees....bike out....bugger I forgot I had a puncture. Tyre off (surprisingly easily for a Conti GP4000), replace tube, pump and out....hoping I hadn't nipped it in my rush.
Not doing too much mileage lately, busy busy, but the good thing is I feel quite fresh when I do get out. A quick 15 miles in country lanes....brilliant.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
@Oxo & @Freds Dad. The only way I know how to upload the Strava route picture is to go to your ride on Strava, click the share button ( a square with arrow pointing up) that will show the route image, screenshot the image. Go to photos, crop the image and post as you would a photo.
You beat me to it. What I do is similar but different. I click 'Full Screen' on the route, then CTRL C and CTRL V into Paint, resize and save.
Many ways to skin a cat, as they say..

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Lovely ride today, with a good friend.
After an 01:00 finish from w*rk, I was happy with an 09:30 meet up time to start our ride.
No particular route planned, but the bikes of choice were our CX's.
As the route panned out, we should have taken the MTB's :whistle:

We headed, via tarmac and gravel, around the Washlands and the fisheries there, to Little and then Great Houghton. Normally, the hill up there is a bit of a tester, but possibly due to quite a few road miles recently, it seemed a bit easier.
On towards Salcey Forest, I bagged a TP that I'd passed numerous times, but never investigated.

IMG_2318.JPG

As we were nearby, a circuit of Salcey Forest seemed in order, but as we were a bit early, we didn't stop at the cafe this time.

Once over the M1 into Hartwell, we were in @Drago territory but didn't see anyone resembling him so carried on towards the canal banks via Bozenham Mill and Grafton Regis for several miles along rough canal banks to Stoke Bruerne.

IMG_2331.JPG

With a stop for coffee and an Italian chicken Punani there, we rode slightly better off road sections back towards Northampton.

A visit from the p*ncture fairy, as expected on the canal banks, happened, but after a re-inflation or two over several miles, I decided to change the tube once we were in a suitably shady spot.

IMG_2340.JPG

Within 7 or 8 miles of home, the Woodbridge cafe beckoned, and tea was ordered, plus a Strawberry Split lolly :okay:
Most welcome in the hot and humid weather.

With a few deviations, we were back near home on 42 miles, and I was ready for a a pint of........... Ice cold Lemon Barley!! (Dang, run out of beer!)

https://www.strava.com/activities/1070407559

:smile:

Last edited:

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
A disaster day today. First roadworks are still a nightmare, then on the B4404 workmen have covered the road in gravel. They will go over it with hot tar. Total no no for the bike, so turned round and headed for home. Only 6 miles done and the weather looked decidedly errr unfriendly as well.
20170707_104818.jpg

Top Bottom