YUM! Delicious stuff!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wafflycat

The front door bell sounded. It was my lovely neighbour holding treasure in his arms. A veritible treasure chest off goodies from his veg patch. :tongue::tongue::tongue::tongue:
He gave me wonderful little gem lettuces, glorious summer cabbage, plump beetroots, sweet carrots... YUM! :tongue::tongue::tongue::tongue:

He left taking a box of The Laydeez's finest productions in thanks. :biggrin:

So this evening the salad is a mix of my neighbour's delicious little gem lettuce, some mixed salad leaves and some radishes I've grown, with burgers made from local beef (I buy the meat & make the burgers myself so I know what goes in them) local cucumber & tomatoes. Joy! A feast of stuff that is mostly grown in my garden or my neighbour's YUM!
:thumbsdown::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Baggy

Cake connoisseur
Scrummy!
Chuffy is busy hanging up red onions to dry and I've just been nibbling on a fresh carrot or two :biggrin:

We also have a very small beetroot about the size of a radish.

Jealous of your burgers :thumbsdown::tongue:

OP
OP
wafflycat

wafflycat

Baggy said:
Scrummy!
Chuffy is busy hanging up red onions to dry and I've just been nibbling on a fresh carrot or two :biggrin:

We also have a very small beetroot about the size of a radish.

Jealous of your burgers :thumbsdown::tongue:

Chuffy is hanging up his red onions... must resist the opportunity for smut :thumbsup:

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Does he know how to make plum jam? We have a plum festival here at the end of August. People like to display their plums, some are small and red, and some are larger and yellow. I have some medium ones at the end of my garden, but I have to be careful how I reach up and pick them.

People also make plum jelly and tarts can be seen.

Baggy

Cake connoisseur
wafflycat said:
I feel an earth-mother session coming on with jam as the end product.

We have damsons here, feel free to come and visit with a large pan :biggrin:

Top Bottom