Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Don't get AAAC on about Q factors :biggrin:
Something you said the other day had some truth to it Bob. Lots of the stuff you read in the internet is basically just regurgitated from another source (or words to that effect...). So I don’t want to go against anything you’ve been told by a professional bike fitter. Ecspecially as A you have a specific issue. And B, I’ve never had a bike fit. But, I’ve done a little reading on bike fits and my understanding is they always start with saddle position. So whenever I set up a bike i do the same. And I try to stick somewhere close to this image I stole from interwebz. Just regarding the theory of knee position over saddle. But like I say your fitter has probably taken your specific issue into account if he’s deviated from this model.

View attachment 392487
Another good technique video to copy.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/video/animals/puppy-moves-paws-while-riding-bicycle/vi-AAuV2Jz

si_c

Guru
Had time to get on zwift last night as Mrs C is away for the weekend, cleaned up the commuter, so put that on to see how it compares to the usual trainer bike. Perhaps easier given that it has STIs not downtube shifters, but my indoor position seems to be slightly different from the one I use outdoors.

Steady free ride effort, first time going over the volcano KOM, did a fairly decent effort I think around 8 minutes. The full mountain was quite hard though, holding just over FTP for the full half hour or so. Knocked nearly 3 minutes off my previous PB for the epic kom too. Proper pleased with that effort.

Ride into work this morning was hard though, as were the stairs, and getting out of bed.

Seems being lazy and not getting on zwift for the last couple of months hasn't hurt me too much though.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
What the flip was going on with Zwift tonight? Went on for a pootle and it was a nightmare. Seemed to be a million riders all along the course. Ride freezing. Counter taking 1 minute to go through 10 seconds on screen. Couldn't even quit out of the sim, had to kill it in Task Manager.

Saw @Breedon on there .... did you have the same problem or was it OK for you as you was on Trainer Road?

Breedon

Legendary Member
What the flip was going on with Zwift tonight? Went on for a pootle and it was a nightmare. Seemed to be a million riders all along the course. Ride freezing. Counter taking 1 minute to go through 10 seconds on screen. Couldn't even quit out of the sim, had to kill it in Task Manager.

Saw @Breedon on there .... did you have the same problem or was it OK for you as you was on Trainer Road?
It was fine for me did see you i was in erg mode so couldn't stop, and it closed fine and saved.

Whorty

It was fine for me did see you i was in erg mode so couldn't stop, and it closed fine and saved.
Strange - I was just seeing thousands and thousands of other riders. When I went through the sprint section I was 4100th fastest today :eek: Now, I know I'll be slightly slower on the Kickr but didn't realise I'd be that slow :wacko: Oh well, Bkool was working fine so used that instead (I did try BRVR but they started charging today and I'm not paying for 3 systems :headshake:

bridgy

Legendary Member

Was fine for me too Carl.

I did a CVR race - not as many people doing it as in previous CVR races and on a flat course I was able to stay in the lead group until the end (not without some pain though!). I thought I would try a long sprint finish so went for it with around 600 metres to go - turned out this was about 200 metres too long! Came 4th in the end so not complaining!

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
Now, I know I'll be slightly slower on the Kickr but didn't realise I'd be that slow :wacko:
Oh well, Bkool was working fine so used that instead (I did try BRVR but they started charging today and I'm not paying for 3 systems:headshake:
I'll pay for 2. They are currently bkool and BRVR. If bkool go belly up I may jump to the land of Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Whorty

Was fine for me too Carl.

I did a CVR race - not as many people doing it as in previous CVR races and on a flat course I was able to stay in the lead group until the end (not without some pain though!). I thought I would try a long sprint finish so went for it with around 600 metres to go - turned out this was about 200 metres too long! Came 4th in the end so not complaining!
Hmmm, very strange. It did a Zwift update before I logged in so maybe it got confused somehow. I didn't try going back in, just went to Bkool. Have just tried again now and looks OK. Strange ....

Whorty

I'll pay for 2. They are currently bkool and BRVR. If bkool go belly up I may jump to the land of Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
I'm the same, will pay for 2. Currently have Bkool and Zwift. Zwift runs out on Friday and I have turned off auto-renew as torn between getting the year BRVR with Bkool, or Zwift with BKool. Decisions decisions.....although it seems a no brainer to get the year BRVR now as the price is good. I think I need to sleep on it :sad:

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Bob are you doing Zsun chaingang Saturday 18.05? I'm just trying to plan my weekend. If you don't feel like it I'll do the 160(100mile) in the morning

Top Bottom