Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

uclown2002

Guru
He's refreshed the zwiftpower rankings again to fix a few bugs. You need to enter a default Cat in your profile and your current ranking. This is so you can't be downgraded below default Cat I believe. Don't worry if your rating goes back to 1500 like mine; the races just get reprocessed. When you change Cats your rating starts at 1500 again.
1. Unfiltered results are used for positions.
2. Every subgroup in a race is treated as its own race. Riders only gain/lose points against riders in that group.
3. Negative points are capped at -50.
4. We run 2 calculations for every rider. Once for your category and again for your category and the one above.
A riders - compared against all A riders
B riders - compared against all B riders then all A+B riders
C riders - compared against all C riders then all B+C riders
D riders - compared against all D riders then all C+D riders

You receive the highest points on offer from both comparisons.
If B riders take part in a A race and do well they can score quite heavily.

uclown2002

Guru
1. Unfiltered results are used for positions.
2. Every subgroup in a race is treated as its own race. Riders only gain/lose points against riders in that group.
3. Negative points are capped at -50.
4. We run 2 calculations for every rider. Once for your category and again for your category and the one above.
A riders - compared against all A riders
B riders - compared against all B riders then all A+B riders
C riders - compared against all C riders then all B+C riders
D riders - compared against all D riders then all C+D riders

You receive the highest points on offer from both comparisons.
If B riders take part in a A race and do well they can score quite heavily.
It's probably not worth updating this until it's finalised. He's trying another system currently so numbers are all over the place :-)

bobinski

Legendary Member
F3F771DF-2476-461A-8E01-AEEFF6E5A2FF.jpeg
I decided to have a crack at a short flat race today so went for B in the WBR 1lap classifies. 257 w for the very short race BUT I didn’t read I was riding the lead in lap:rolleyes::laugh:
Still, took 1st in the sprint despite a mistimed draft boost before slowing and seeing everyone ride off on the race proper:laugh:

Note to self; read the race rules.

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
View attachment 394529 I decided to have a crack at a short flat race today so went for B in the WBR 1lap classifies. 257 w for the very short race BUT I didn’t read I was riding the lead in lap:rolleyes::laugh:
Still, took 1st in the sprint despite a mistimed draft boost before slowing and seeing everyone ride off on the race proper:laugh:

Note to self; read the race rules.

You were flat out racing on the warm up lap, blew up:laugh:

I must admit some of the warm-up s are crazy fast:okay:

bobinski

Legendary Member
You were flat out racing on the warm up lap, blew up:laugh:

Blew up? How very dare you:laugh:

My plan was to ride the short race as close to 4watts/k as possible. We were off like a shot but the group I was in slowed as we approached the Incline before trafalgar sq and eased again before the sprint when some went off and I chased after and beat them. Hurrah! They were probably just winding speed up for the race lap proper. I could have kept going , honest...

bridgy

Legendary Member
Anyone racing tonight? I am thinking of doing the BRT Warriors Race at 19.00. It's 42km on London "Triple Loops" route which looks pretty tough (i.e hilly!)

bobinski

Legendary Member
Anyone racing tonight? I am thinking of doing the BRT Warriors Race at 19.00. It's 42km on London "Triple Loops" route which looks pretty tough (i.e hilly!)

I would love to but have a late meeting. Looks like a course to set some pb's on. Good luck!

LBHIFI

Veteran
Have any of you guys had trouble completing workout sessions from the various online training systems? Each week TodaysPlan throws a session at me that I just havn't got the stamina to finish in one session. I have to cut in in half and do the one in the morning and the second in the afternoon.
It wants me to do 1h:20min - 1h:30min at 93% of FTP (4x20min/3x30min with 5 min "rest" periods at 70% of FTP).
Isn't this a bit over the top or am I just a wuss?

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Isn't this a bit over the top or am I just a wuss

I've always found TR difficult to extremely difficult to finish the last third of the workout. If it was easy to finish then it's too easy to stress the body. You may need a little more recovery before attempting these workouts. When going for power I tend to have more rest days than when going for endurance sessions.

Top Bottom