Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bobinski

Legendary Member
sorry i couldn't help it ! i think i may have a form of tourretes :biggrin:

Ahh, the "i have Tourettes " defence , often used, rarely successfully :smile:

bobinski

Legendary Member
Hardware boys, a question.
Trying to sort miss shifting on rear cassette. It should be other way around but... have a 105 cassette on best set of wheels that misshifts. Thru axle fwiw. Remove wheel and stick in spare wheel with ultegra cassette. Gear shifts etc fine. But, bike on its saddle, when I turn cranks with my hand and then let go the cranks continue to turn under tension albeit slowly. Never seen this before. If I put the other wheel set on and try this then, as you would expect, cranks stop and wheel continues to spin. What’s wrong?

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Hardware boys, a question.
Trying to sort miss shifting on rear cassette. It should be other way around but... have a 105 cassette on best set of wheels that misshifts. Thru axle fwiw. Remove wheel and stick in spare wheel with ultegra cassette. Gear shifts etc fine. But, bike on its saddle, when I turn cranks with my hand and then let go the cranks continue to turn under tension albeit slowly. Never seen this before. If I put the other wheel set on and try this then, as you would expect, cranks stop and wheel continues to spin. What’s wrong?

You've broke it :biggrin:

Sounds like free hub is seized. Can you spin the cass in freewheel mode or is it jammed? With wheel out of bike cass should lock drive and spin freely opposite direction clicking in freewheel mode

Did mention worn cass to you, just sounded like it on TOC

Going for TT now comment later

bobinski

Legendary Member
You've broke it :biggrin:

Sounds like free hub is seized. Can you spin the cass in freewheel mode or is it jammed? With wheel out of bike cass should lock drive and spin freely opposite direction clicking in freewheel mode

Did mention worn cass to you, just sounded like it on TOC

Going for TT now comment later

Ha! Not my fault this time!
Those wheels have only been used about 5 times.
Took wheel off and hub freewheel spins but slowly compared to the 105 on the Hunts.
Andy, after the drop out on my defy was damaged beyond repair I transferred it to the turbo. the spare wheels I mentioned are those came with the tcr disc which were swapped almost immediately for the Hunts when the ultegra was swapped fro the defy onto the tcr to replace the 105. I am not sure why the 105 cassette ended up on the Hunts BUT it has not done much irl mileage at all. That’s why lbs thinks rear mech is the issue.
I was going to swap the cassettes round and might still try it but family life beckons

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
the new wheels taken off haven't been used much, its likely that the grease has gone a bit hard. If the bike rides ok and the chain doesn't snag when free wheeling, good to go plus no miss shifts

Last edited:

bobinski

Legendary Member
They are spare wheels for trip. Will swap cassettes after ride with that Tommy tomorrow and see how Hunts ride with a different cassette. Then try the sticky one:okay:
Good speed and power on the TT:thumbsup:

LBHIFI

Veteran
Great fun going out in parts with patches of smooth tarmac and tailwind, getting nearly 30 mph for long sections. Drooling like a rabid drunk on the return leg with strong headwind struggling to keep above 20
I managed to do the danish Gran Fondo TT after all. Really cold, strong winds and a lot of tight turns. Normaly not the conditions for an all time best result, but nevertheless that was what happened. I had a goal this year to reach 26 mph, and I did just that :wahhey:. Not good enough for qualifying though ... 27 mph avg. needed for that, just crazy :eek:.

Last edited:
OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
I managed to do the danish Gran Fondo TT after all. Really cold, strong winds and a lot of tight turns. Normaly not the conditions for an all time best result, but nevertheless that was happened. I had a goal this year to reach 26 mph, and I did just that :wahhey:. Not good enough for qualifying though ... 27 mph avg. needed for that, just crazy :eek:.

Great result Lars, i saw on Strava, very impressive with sharp bends to contend with- respect

Top Bottom