Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Lads I have been looking at some other peoples recordings on Zwift and the picture/detail I'm getting on my old dated abused laptop compared to others to put it mildly is S**T! I have hard wired connection so assuming it isn't that. I am no way very clued up on anything IT. I have been offered the below gaming PC and was just wondering if anyone had advise do I or am I wasting my time??

Any advice would be appreciated

https://www.stormforcegaming.co.uk/stormforce-onyx-amd-ryzen-2400g-7290-5412.html

kipster

Guru
Lads I have been looking at some other peoples recordings on Zwift and the picture/detail I'm getting on my old dated abused laptop compared to others to put it mildly is S**T! I have hard wired connection so assuming it isn't that. I am no way very clued up on anything IT. I have been offered the below gaming PC and was just wondering if anyone had advise do I or am I wasting my time??

Any advice would be appreciated

https://www.stormforcegaming.co.uk/stormforce-onyx-amd-ryzen-2400g-7290-5412.html

It's nothing special and built in graphics. It would run zwift well. I run zwift on a fairly basic laptop with intel built in graphics and it's fine. If I was wanting great graphics on a hi res screen I'd be thinking about an i5 processor, at least a 2gb graphics card and the pc would need to have a M2 ssd(just because they are super fast). You could add a good graphics card to the pc you've linked to for under £200, then you'd have a pretty good setup for zwift.

It's nothing special and built in graphics. It would run zwift well. I run zwift on a fairly basic laptop with intel built in graphics and it's fine. If I was wanting great graphics on a hi res screen I'd be thinking about an i5 processor, at least a 2gb graphics card and the pc would need to have a M2 ssd(just because they are super fast). You could add a good graphics card to the pc you've linked to for under £200, then you'd have a pretty good setup for zwift.
Thanks @kipster I'm not too concerned about going top end I just don't want the jittery pictures I'm getting now as at the end of the day its about the workout, I ve seen some vids and they are so smooth so as long as I can loose the jittery (not sure that is a IT term:eek:) that will do for me.

Appreciate the advice thanks

bobinski

Legendary Member
I run Zwift at full detail 1080 on a 4y old Alienware pc with i3 and 940mx card with 4gig graphics memory and 8 gig system ram. It’s absolutely fine. In fact it’s great.

There is a site called zwiftaliser or similar where you can see how your pc would perform. Helps identify what you need to run Zwift at minimum etc- on a train with poor signal so cannot search for it.

kipster

Guru
Thanks @kipster I'm not too concerned about going top end I just don't want the jittery pictures I'm getting now as at the end of the day its about the workout, I ve seen some vids and they are so smooth so as long as I can loose the jittery (not sure that is a IT term:eek:) that will do for me.

Appreciate the advice thanks

In which case that pc will be good, and you can always add a graphics card later if you need to

I run Zwift at full detail 1080 on a 4y old Alienware pc with i3 and 940mx card with 4gig graphics memory and 8 gig system ram. It’s absolutely fine. In fact it’s great.

There is a site called zwiftaliser or similar where you can see how your pc would perform. Helps identify what you need to run Zwift at minimum etc- on a train with poor signal so cannot search for it.
Cheers @bobinski but not very IT savvy me but thanks will give it a look :okay:

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Yer just found that out! Sub consciously leaving it till the end for some reason. Just #10 left.

Then what? Any recommended training plans you have tried?
I'm creating my own, trying to replicate race scenarios. 10 mins warmup then 60 mins 'racing'. The 'racing' starts with 2 mins at 280 watts, then cruise at 230 for 10 mins. Then add in the odd sprint of 260-280 watts for 30 secs or so, interspersed with cruising sections. Trying to replicate what it's like in a race. Fast start, cruise to hold on to a group, the odd short sprint to say break away, or climb a small lump, then cruise again. As i complete a workout at 100% i'll increase difficulty a smidge and hope i can keep adding in more power.

kipster

Guru
I'm creating my own, trying to replicate race scenarios. 10 mins warmup then 60 mins 'racing'. The 'racing' starts with 2 mins at 280 watts, then cruise at 230 for 10 mins. Then add in the odd sprint of 260-280 watts for 30 secs or so, interspersed with cruising sections. Trying to replicate what it's like in a race. Fast start, cruise to hold on to a group, the odd short sprint to say break away, or climb a small lump, then cruise again. As i complete a workout at 100% i'll increase difficulty a smidge and hope i can keep adding in more power.

What about lung bursting attacks and breakaways?

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru

Just upped mine to 1080 from 720p, what a crisp picture. Ill try it out to see if broadband can cope with it

LBHIFI

Veteran
I'm currently using an old AMD A8-A3850 for my main media center PC. I don't use it for gaming, but did try a few 3D games a few years back and they ran fluently. Unfortunately I havn't been able to test Zwift with it since my OS is 32bit.
I'm pretty sure the Ryzen's are way better and that Zwift will run with no jitter at all. The processor power of the Ryzen's 5 is certainly not going to be the bottleneck.

I'm currently using an old AMD A8-A3850 for my main media center PC. I don't use it for gaming, but did try a few 3D games a few years back and they ran fluently. Unfortunately I havn't been able to test Zwift with it since my OS is 32bit.
I'm pretty sure the Ryzen's are way better and that Zwift will run with no jitter at all. The processor power of the Ryzen's 5 is certainly not going to be the bottleneck.
:okay:
I did have a little look on youtube this morning

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtDnUW3lCkg
and In comparison to what's happening on mine at the moment this looks a massive improvement.Shows results on Zwiftaliser aswell @bobinski

Last edited:
Top Bottom