Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Joffey

Big Dosser

One for you Spud racists. Today's I'm bulking up on @Legs' cheese based potato plan! :biggrin:

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
Shorts weather that 🤣

Joffey

Big Dosser
Interesting (or not so interesting) TT comparison...

Last night I rode my first ever Club 10 on my road bike and got an alright time that wasn't too far away from my Zwift 10 mile TT in December:

Real Life: 317 av watts - 25m 53s - av speed 23.3mph
Zwift: 322 av watts - 24m 55s - av speed 23.9mph (according to Strava but includes a cool down)

What is interesting that on Zwift I was on a Cervélo TT bike and I would have had a perfect position on the bike. IRL I was on a road bike, had a GoPro on the front, bottle cages, bibs and shorts, no shoe covers, no real attention to my position and a really painful sciatic back pain after 4 miles which was unbearable.

All things considered I think I should have been faster on Zwift!! So for all those that say Zwift is crazy fast compared to real life well it might not be the case after all - well not for these 2 rides anyway.

bobinski

Legendary Member
Interesting (or not so interesting) TT comparison...

Last night I rode my first ever Club 10 on my road bike and got an alright time that wasn't too far away from my Zwift 10 mile TT in December:

Real Life: 317 av watts - 25m 53s - av speed 23.3mph
Zwift: 322 av watts - 24m 55s - av speed 23.9mph (according to Strava but includes a cool down)

What is interesting that on Zwift I was on a Cervélo TT bike and I would have had a perfect position on the bike. IRL I was on a road bike, had a GoPro on the front, bottle cages, bibs and shorts, no shoe covers, no real attention to my position and a really painful sciatic back pain after 4 miles which was unbearable.

All things considered I think I should have been faster on Zwift!! So for all those that say Zwift is crazy fast compared to real life well it might not be the case after all - well not for these 2 rides anyway.

Sciatic pain as well? You really are falling apart :laugh: And it was hardly unbearable if you kept going ...:tongue:

Apart from that-good ride mate 👍

Spartak