Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

berty bassett

Legendary Member
Good luck all tonight
Thinking back to the bkool trainer days I hated mine ! I couldn’t keep up with anyone ! And on the downhills everyone just buggered off and left me - very demoralising

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
I am "helping" B's tonight and hoping against hope not to finish last. D two weeks ago and now in B. Not even @Joffey has managed that :laugh:

Thanks again for stepping up mate it’s much appreciated. Obviously just back from an op so no pressure mate and hopefully you avoid the temptation to do anything other than get around.

And thanks also to the rest of the C team. Maybe you didn’t step up to the plate... But at least you’ve added another 5 excuses into the Cyclechat big book! 👌😄

steverob

Guru
@bobinski pulled a blinder!
I think he found what is called a "legal loophole"

bridgy

Legendary Member
I must be the worst sandbagger ever ... got dropped by the lead C pack on lap 4, and came in 27th. I did thankfully take a few sprint points that meant the team came 5th rather than 7th, so that was a bonus :cheers:

Well we missed your sprinting tonight @Whorty ! Really tough race that one - multiple sprints that come round quicker than you'd like, and at the end of a long uphill drag as well. Anyway, everyone dug deep and we came 6th in the end. We were 3rd in terms of finishing points but as a team we lacked a bit in the FAL and FTS points for the sprint segment. But we were missing our top sprinters, @Girafitti (who had the best excuse EVER ^_^), and @mjd1988 but that's how it goes.

We're still second in the league, only 3 points behind the leaders and a big lead over 3rd placed team, and 2 races to go so all still to play for

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
I must be the worst sandbagger ever ...

Don’t be too hard on yourself mate, I’m sure you’re just a bit rusty 👍

(Too soon?! :laugh:)

Seriously though, as Paul said, would of been great having another sprinter in the mix. But I’m glad you’re injury isn’t so bad it stopped you from putting in a performance of CCC. Well done on the sprints 👍👍

A couple of really encouraging performances last night from Rich and Alan. Rich making comeback after comeback to the front group. And Alan I thought unlucky not to get more FAL points. He seemed to fly past me every segment but that’s not saying much! 😄

Thanks again to @bobinsk for offering to helpi. Hope the overs / unders weren’t too painful!

And of course the biggest congratulations of the night needs to go to @Girafitti and his partner. Well done again mate, :hugs:.

Last edited:

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Well we missed your sprinting tonight @Whorty ! Really tough race that one - multiple sprints that come round quicker than you'd like, and at the end of a long uphill drag as well. Anyway, everyone dug deep and we came 6th in the end. We were 3rd in terms of finishing points but as a team we lacked a bit in the FAL and FTS points for the sprint segment. But we were missing our top sprinters, @Girafitti (who had the best excuse EVER ^_^), and @mjd1988 but that's how it goes.

We're still second in the league, only 3 points behind the leaders and a big lead over 3rd placed team, and 2 races to go so all still to play for

Problem is Paul, I wouldn't have made it to the sprint with the lead group. I'd have been dropped on the climb to it. My fitness is nowhere near what it was last year.... I'm not able to ride as much due to leg.

Top Bottom