Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
You could have given me the pleasure of catching you first :tongue: You bailed as I was closing in :gun:

Sorry dishing out some charity wasn’t my first concern ^_^

<Tommy>

We' should use the "Figure 8 forward 1 lap Zwift Insider verified" segment on Strava for times - https://www.strava.com/segments/12118421?filter=club&gender=all&club_id=126532

So my time was 44.37 ( a PR - thanks @Milzy !)

Do we want to use today's TT times as the start of a new league table, or treat it as a pre-season friendly warm up match?!

I don’t mind. If so I’ll try and redo that stage over the next couple of days. Can we limit each league to a month or so like we used to on Bkool?

Milzy

Guru
Those constant hills soon started to sting.
I’m seriously considering getting a sick bucket by the trainer.
Regarding the League, I don’t mind either way. I’m sure as the nights draw in we can get record numbers on board.

BurningLegs

Veteran
I'm using the free trial of Today's Plan during Zwift Acadamy, and they sent me an email last night confirming my new threshold heart rate value.

192BPM threshold - seems alarmingly high to me, and only a few BPM off what I thought was my maximum!

So thanks all - clearly had me working like a dog for 50 minutes last night :laugh:

bridgy

Legendary Member
Well, seeing as at least some of us were organised enough to get our equipment working, and put the effort in to finish the stage (:whistle:) I vote we keep this as the first stage of a new 5 week league for September (absolutely nothing to do with the fact I'm currently in first place - I resent the suggestion:rolleyes:). Also, as it's a TT anyone who didn't manage to do it last night can catch up with the stage on a solo TT any time before the Sept league finishes and post their time here to be added in.

Races will be on Thursday's at 19.00 UK time. If you miss a stage, you can do it solo separately to post a time, but it must be solo and not part of an organised race or event (because the group drafting can give an unfair advantage). The times we'll use won't be the time that comes up on screen at the end of the meet-up ride, but will be an appropriate Strava segment time which I'll confirm after each race. To make this easier, please join the "Cyclechat Turbo Group" on Strava if you haven't already as it makes it easier to see everyone's times in one place.

If anyone on here wants to join in who hasn't before, you need to be following me on the Zwift Companion App so I can invite you to the meet-ups.

I'll try and choose a mix of flat and hilly courses throughout the league - mostly races as they're the most fun but with a few TT's thrown in as well. Any course suggestions welcome, but I might avoid Alpe Du Zwift for a while as the last two times we've done that it has gone wrong (sent people off in different directions!)

Times for yesterday's TT's that I know of so far are as follows - if you're not on this list please let us know your time for this segment - https://www.strava.com/segments/12118421?filter=overall:

Bridgy: 44:37
@Milzy : 44:43
@berty bassett : 44:58
@Whorty : 48:01
@Brusgaard : 52:42

@peterob I don't suppose you're around and able to use your excel spredsheet skills to set up a new league table when convenient please??

<Tommy>

Last night I signed up to traineeroad to do an 8 week block... It’s bloody depressing but so is the fitness I’ve lost over the summer so something has to give.

I’ll try and incorporate Thursday night races into my plan but I’ll be training on the Tuesdays and Wednesdays beforehand so I might see how it goes.

bridgy

Legendary Member
Last night I signed up to traineeroad to do an 8 week block... It’s bloody depressing but so is the fitness I’ve lost over the summer so something has to give.

I’ll try and incorporate Thursday night races into my plan but I’ll be training on the Tuesdays and Wednesdays beforehand so I might see how it goes.
Well I've joined the gym where my son does football training on Mondays and Wednesdays so will be doing 90 minute workouts/Circuits/Spinning on those days from now on too. I'll try not to use it as an excuse for Thursday races though....:okay:

BurningLegs

Veteran
Times for yesterday's TT's that I know of so far are as follows - if you're not on this list please let us know your time for this segment - https://www.strava.com/segments/12118421?filter=overall:

Bridgy: 44:37
@Milzy : 44:43
@berty bassett : 44:58
@Whorty : 48:01
@Brusgaard : 52:42

@peterob I don't suppose you're around and able to use your excel spredsheet skills to set up a new league table when convenient please??

My time was 49:34 for that segment.

Have requested to join the group on Strava which should make it easier in future weeks.

Top Bottom