Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
View attachment 379511

He got out sprinted yesterday, I saw the finish, at one point T Cartwright was pushing over a 1000Watts in the sprint and still got beat.

TC. Odz reverse sprint details
This for me is the diff between racing in bkool and swift. Bkool is like a solo time trial and the strongest will win. Swift is very much more tactical and so long as you can get in the lead group, if you can hide and conserve energy you might be able to pounce on the win.

For me bkool racing is harder in many respects. A great workout but I get off the bike and want to vom. Swift is as much mental as physical. Still hard but you can shelter and get a free ride (if others let you :tongue:)

Monte

Über Member
It’s v v fast mate. Cat B minimum pace. It’s training for worlds in November so idea is to do sub 47 min laps using group draft and then intervals up kom with possibly some respite at top but depends on pace to that point
I bailed after one and a bit laps last week partly because I was in a bit of back discomfort but mainly because I could not keep up the Pace.
That said not everyone rides to that Pace and “slower” groups formed so whatever happens you are unlikely to ride alone.

Thank you for the heads up. I’ll give that one a miss

Norry1

Legendary Member
Dean is at 148km on Zwift right now- looks like he is going for the imperial century :okay:^_^:notworthy:

I saw him riding when I joined and rode with him a bit. I was doing threshold intervals on Trainer road so he probably wondered what I was playing at. Last I saw he was on 108 miles I think. Great job

Monte

Über Member
Ride leader says it will be a slower ride Monte if you want to join.

Thanks Bob, I think their slower ride is still too quick for me at the moment. Going to train hard this winter and see if I can get some strength & fitness back.

Breedon

Legendary Member
117 or 118 miles with almost 13k of climbing ^_^
I felt right and was hoping to do it at the weekend but thought sod it and had a day off :biggrin: at first i wanted to do 10k of climbing for the tron bike and lost count how many times i went up the tower stopped counting at 6, got to 11k and i was around 70 miles then i thought i feel great so went for it so just riding around to get the miles, seen @Norry1 seen him hitting 3 w/kg and he got a decent lap time on the volcano circuit so i thought we could ride together and both get good times i lost him on the little climb and thought sod it and went like a savage hitting 5w/kg and i was 2 seconds from the jersey 2 seconds :angry:.

It was hard mentally i had iPlayer running next to zwift so could watch both which helped, a great challenge for my self and i surprised my self that i could still ride hard with so many miles in the legs, and also for the jerseys.

Norry1

Legendary Member
117 or 118 miles with almost 13k of climbing ^_^
I felt right and was hoping to do it at the weekend but thought sod it and had a day off :biggrin: at first i wanted to do 10k of climbing for the tron bike and lost count how many times i went up the tower stopped counting at 6, got to 11k and i was around 70 miles then i thought i feel great so went for it so just riding around to get the miles, seen @Norry1 seen him hitting 3 w/kg and he got a decent lap time on the volcano circuit so i thought we could ride together and both get good times i lost him on the little climb and thought sod it and went like a savage hitting 5w/kg and i was 2 seconds from the jersey 2 seconds :angry:.

It was hard mentally i had iPlayer running next to zwift so could watch both which helped, a great challenge for my self and i surprised my self that i could still ride hard with so many miles in the legs, and also for the jerseys.

Great ride mate. My lap time was 0.6 secs slower than yours! And you had done over 100 miles - nice one :smile:

Top Bottom