Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Well Lee, I can see where the rest of us have to get away from you before worrying about you catching us on the ‘hill ^_^

Trouble is, Lee really isn't that slow on the flats and quite easily makes up for it on a hill, like last time. He only needs a hill of a couple of minutes to streak ahead :smile:

bobinski

Legendary Member
Trouble is, Lee really isn't that slow on the flats and quite easily makes up for it on a hill, like last time. He only needs a hill of a couple of minutes to streak ahead :smile:

Andy, I know but what would this forum be if we weren’t baiting? I can stop especially now that my age means I am in a period of decline BUT where’s the fun in not baiting?!? He was probably using his pro anyway:laugh:

berty bassett

Legendary Member
Andy, I know but what would this forum be if we weren’t baiting? I can stop especially now that my age means I am in a period of decline BUT where’s the fun in not baiting?!? He was probably using his pro anyway:laugh:
how dare you !! ^_^ anyway - me n you are nearly the same age - just reaching our prime :whistle:

bobinski

Legendary Member
^_^
Come on Lee, you know Bob needs excuses for why he gets beaten ... now you've some out as the same age he'll have to find a new excuse :rofl:

Oh, I know why I get beaten Carl:okay: Shall I count the ways? ^_^ but there’s no harm in having a few more excuses^_^
Anyway, only person who will stay with Lee is Bridgy, TT being a dark horse on whooshy wheels^_^

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
^_^

Oh, I know why I get beaten Carl:okay: Shall I count the ways? ^_^ but there’s no harm in having a few more excuses^_^
Anyway, only person who will stay with Lee is Bridgy, TT being a dark horse on whooshy wheels^_^

You'll be right up there with us if hot air counts for anything! :tongue:

JLaw

Veteran
Back into the races today. Thankfully no system glitches for the KISS EUR TT. It's a short 10 miles on my favorite race course -- volcano ccw.

I was guessing it'd take 25-30 minutes. So I set a goal of holding the 20M power from the zwift academy ftp test for the duration of the race (287W). It seemed within the realm of possibility. I never really had a feel for how I was doing in that regard. Yea, I could look up and see #s around 300W, then other times I'd see something in the 250W range. If I had to guess I would have guessed upper 270s, maybe lower 280s for the duration.

I rode most of the race comfortably in 2nd position and figured 1st was likely going to DQ (which he did). Ultimately I finished 1st about 20 seconds ahead of my nearest opponent. And my average power -- 289W. Best 5 minute and 20 minute power I've ever recorded, even beating my superman ride from April.

Not sure if the kickr was just being generous today or if the combo of zwift academy + a goodly amount of sweet spot work has paid big dividends. I guess time will tell if I can repeat that level of effort again.

Jeff

ps. Looks like the link between zwift and my aria scale is working... So no weight doping for me...

bobinski

Legendary Member
Well done Jeff!

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
^_^
I will be right up there with you anyway TT, making you wonder why your relative youth a lightweight frame and whooshy wheels aren’t giving you quite the advantage you paid for:tongue:

Hopefully not too close though Bob... I don't want to be collateral damage when you decide to take one of your now traditional swan dives into the nearest ditch! :laugh:

Maybe we should do 'a Norry1', and have a race around Regents or Richmond park on Boris bikes :becool:. Seems like denial is flavour of the month around here :rolleyes:.

bobinski

Legendary Member
Hopefully not too close though Bob... I don't want to be collateral damage when you decide to take one of your now traditional swan dives into the nearest ditch! :laugh:

Maybe we should do 'a Norry1', and have a race around Regents or Richmond park on Boris bikes :becool:. Seems like denial is flavour of the month around here :rolleyes:.

That will only happen if you are doing your usual wheel sucking :tongue:

I refuse to call them Boris bikes on account of the bloke being a dangerous w@nker.

bobinski

Legendary Member
C1333F77-374D-4FCE-891B-00D58DBE64EA.jpeg
Seen on Zwift today

Oh, and there’s an update that hopefully fixes the recent bugs

bobinski

Legendary Member
So that's a no then? :sad:

Oh well... I look forward to playing 'statistic top trumps' with you and the rest of the guys on zwift sometime soon.... (hopefully soon:cry:).

We can do that sometime Tommy:okay:

And we are riding together next weekend- provided it’s not too cold, or wet.

Top Bottom