Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bobinski

Legendary Member
just makes me wonder - i have got into the (bad ) habit of staying in big ring most the time and trying to mash any hill under 10mins long . now if it makes it feel easier i just wondered if i usually go up a hill at say 50/25, would i have to go to 50/21ish to A go the same speed /B feel the same resistance

suppose i could get off my backside and try couldn't i !:blush:

For racing I think as Dave and others demonstrate changing gears etc wastes time and means you can lose draft so run it Low- Watts is watts. Otherwise not so sure

berty bassett

Legendary Member
i will give it a go - probably tues as hoping to go out irw tomorrow and don't want to do much towards end of the week as want to be bouncing like tigger come saturday :hyper:

bobinski

Legendary Member
i will give it a go - probably tues as hoping to go out irw tomorrow and don't want to do much towards end of the week as want to be bouncing like tigger come saturday :hyper:

Lee; while saturdays ride won’t be a bimble it will be a little slower than you are used to. You can certainly bounce like tigger but you may find we all move as slowly as Pooh bear^_^

uclown2002

Guru
For racing I think as Dave and others demonstrate changing gears etc wastes time and means you can lose draft so run it Low- Watts is watts. Otherwise not so sure
It makes no difference to your power ouput but power and cadence are smoother if the trainer difficulty is reduced. Allows you to maintain your position much easier. It's not difficult to lose a wheel when dropping to little ring. Many of my team mates race on 0-10%.

berty bassett

Legendary Member
Lee; while saturdays ride won’t be a bimble it will be a little slower than you are used to. You can certainly bounce like tigger but you may find we all move as slowly as Pooh bear^_^
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRWrzOGMiizoMAvHcY3kqPAyXDw9Lvuw59MdbUVMfBqVYcwRRrQ.jpg
i haven't got to buy this for saturday have i ?:okay:

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
It makes no difference to your power ouput but power and cadence are smoother if the trainer difficulty is reduced. Allows you to maintain your position much easier. It's not difficult to lose a wheel when dropping to little ring. Many of my team mates race on 0-10%.
My kom times are always better when I set my trainer difficulty to 50%. Never set it as low as 10%, but usually leave as 100% which makes me work much harder.

Norry1

Legendary Member
Off to do a 90 minute TrainerRoad over/unders session (Zwift as well). Gulp

Breedon

Legendary Member
Im not a happy chap, had 6.5k of climbing left for the tron bike got 5k done and noticed some of the riders names missing and the zwift mobile app was playing up i thought I'll save what i had done and restart, it was even hanging when saving, anyway restarted zwift and went to see how much climbing was left and the whole session didn't save even the fit file was empty gutted.
I had 3 options, 1 throw my phone at the tv, 2 start over and risk it happening again and 3 saying fk it ànd quit so it was option 3 and I'll try again tomorrow.
:angry:

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
Im not a happy chap, had 6.5k of climbing left for the tron bike got 5k done and noticed some of the riders names missing and the zwift mobile app was playing up i thought I'll save what i had done and restart, it was even hanging when saving, anyway restarted zwift and went to see how much climbing was left and the whole session didn't save even the fit file was empty gutted.
I had 3 options, 1 throw my phone at the tv, 2 start over and risk it happening again and 3 saying fk it ànd quit so it was option 3 and I'll try again tomorrow.
:angry:
BTDT :cursing:. On bkool (sw crash :cursing:) and BRVR (operator error :banghead:). Step away from the bike and have a :cheers:.

Top Bottom