Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

IrishAl

** Full Time Pro **
@<Tommy> I’m going to sign up for the 4pm event, and now that I’ve got @Berty bassett’s time to aim for I’ll get the missus to have the dinner on the table for just after 5. 😊
1:29:03 for me. I had a decent start and was around 200th place of 1500 starters at the foot of the Alpe. I'd realised just after the start that I had forgotten to change the bike set up and had a disc wheel so I stopped at the first incline on the alpe to change wheels. I didn't lose many places making the change but but I slogged up the mountain in 1h03.33 finishing around 410th overall. I'm glad that stage is over 😊

straas

Matt
My zwift crashed after the top - the course ended there didn't it?? Nothing on zwiftpower but the ride uploaded to Strava with the right name?

There's absolutely no way I'm doing it again.

Also big shout out for High 5 energy bars being the worst thing ever, absolutely dire. Like filling your mouth with a chunk of MDF when you're trying to suck in air.

Last edited:

Brusgaard

Über Guru
My zwift crashed after the top - the course ended there didn't it?? Nothing on zwiftpower but the ride uploaded to Strava with the right name?

There's absolutely no way I'm doing it again.
If you with “after the top” means after you crossed the blue banner across the road, then yes. If the arc, then no…

Rides always carry over the title to Strava, even if not completing the ride/race.

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
Non tour of zwift related question.

Has anyone successfully appealed against a DQ for not having HRM?

alex_cycles

Veteran
Just got an email from Zwift about the bug. Don't think it helps our league situation much though...

Our team is aware of a bug that occurs when starting the Alpe du Zwift descent, affecting Zwifters' ability to save their ride. If you encounter this bug, our team will automatically credit your Tour de Zwift Stage 2 ride activity.

Additionally, all events will remain as scheduled. If you still wish to complete Stage 2 this weekend, the Standard Ride (Category B or D) and the Shorter Ride (Category C) are available and are unaffected by this bug.

Our team is actively working on a fix to address this bug prior to the Tour de Zwift Feb 7 - Feb 13 make-up week, if you'd prefer to check off Stage 2 at that time.

Norry1

Legendary Member
I saw that on Strava but I don’t think it showed your time overall for the Alpe segment - did you beat the hour?

I’ve got a proper snortle today (not COVID, though), and it’s probably exacerbated by last night’s effort and lack of sleep. I’m just going to tidy the kitchen, then I’ll head upstairs with a whiskey and Lemsip and my Kindle. 😒

Rock n Roll :biggrin:

Top Bottom