Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Get in the draft and let the stronger riders drag you along. Spin slowly in the draft to bring hr down. If they are too strong wait for the next train. So many of them will blow up on a climb especially a long or double climb like tonight. I reckon we, or rather, you could have chased 2 or 3 down towards the end.
On a flat I could have stayed with that initial group but with the climb coming I knew i had to drop back. Lack of draft on a climb means all the power and speed is me alone and I can't hang on to someone else's wheel.

I need to do more racing and more longer rides to increase my stamina.

berty bassett

Legendary Member
how you getting on with the single speed ? have you found that helps ?

mjd1988

Guru
Hi all, finally on Zwift, hope this is an appropriate thread to post that!

First thoughts, love it, only had 30mins due to taking ages to dig out ant+ dongle for my ancient laptop. Is it normal to be in a race with everyone around you, even if they don't know it and they might be warming down when I think i'm attacking them? :gun:
Even so i'm very excited. Definetly going for another spin today, I think i'm going to accept that the irish weather may mean cycling in real life is an occasional luxury. Really hoping to do some proper winter cycling this year!

bobinski

Legendary Member
On a flat I could have stayed with that initial group but with the climb coming I knew i had to drop back. Lack of draft on a climb means all the power and speed is me alone and I can't hang on to someone else's wheel.

I need to do more racing and more longer rides to increase my stamina.

Don't forget the draft is there up to and possibly including 5%-especially important on some of the long drags say on the way to watopia kom and to the jungle route.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)

First thoughts, love it, only had 30mins due to taking ages to dig out ant+ dongle for my ancient laptop. Is it normal to be in a race with everyone around you, even if they don't know it and they might be warming down when I think i'm attacking them? :gun:
Even so i'm very excited. Definetly going for another spin today, I think i'm going to accept that the irish weather may mean cycling in real life is an occasional luxury. Really hoping to do some proper winter cycling this year!
Don't forget to join Zwiftpower and link the Zwift account to the Zwiftpower account. Join the Cyclechat team in Zwiftpower too and add Cyclechat to your Zwift name and then we'll see you on the course :okay:

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru

Welcome to Zwift chatterbox thread, banter, piss taking and fun with a little advice.

Get on a training plan within Zwift and if youve got any strength left the odd race . Most of us race in the evening, but if life commitment means racing other times, don't worry there are races every hour

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
How much like TrainerRoad are the Zwift training plans. I am not happy with the basic training plans on Bkool, they have the workouts but not the integration into a plan to make use of them, and need to choose between Zwift and TrainerRoad for my second cycling sim platform for training. I need Videos to really make indoor riding enjoyable (I sub to BigRingVR).

I don't want to race at the moment, too much lardage to lug about (but that is getting less). So the second sub really is about the training/improvement side. Eventually I will get involved in groups but not straight from the off.

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
I run TR and Zwift together. I use two Ant+ dongles. Start TR first, switch off controllable trainer on Zwift setup page(so TR sets the power).

Set TR to minimal screen, so at bottom of screen. The instructions from TR are overlayed across Zwift main screen. Workout plus something to watch. add music and away you go :smile:

theboxers

I run TR and Zwift together. I use two Ant+ dongles. Start TR first, switch off controllable trainer on Zwift setup page(so TR sets the power).

Set TR to minimal screen, so at bottom of screen. The instructions from TR are overlayed across Zwift main screen. Workout plus something to watch. add music and away you go :smile:
I like simplicity, usually, the learing curve is not too steep. I'm not averse to using 2 different sim platforms, but 1 at a time please :huh:. I can justify paying for 2 subs, but not 3. I will probably let bkool lapse come renewal in December and go to an alternate 2nd platform, my main one being BRVR. I'm not sure which would be more suitable to my needs. I am leaning toward Zwift, mainly due to the bunch on here. But would TR be more suitable? :unsure:

bobinski

Legendary Member
Fwiw my view is TR clearly has the stronger training pedigree. I used it 4y ago with Sufferfest. But there are SO many plans and sometimes too much choice is just plain confusing. If you can find what you want then great. Otherwise the Zwift training plans may be good enough for you.
Retirement certainly gives you the time to try them all!

theboxers

Fwiw my view is TR clearly has the stronger training pedigree. I used it 4y ago with Sufferfest. But there are SO many plans and sometimes too much choice is just plain confusing. If you can find what you want then great. Otherwise the Zwift training plans may be good enough for you.
Retirement certainly gives you the time to try them all!
I wish. Not quite got the money for that but not having to rush to get a job is helpful.

Norry1

Legendary Member
I also think TR is by far the best training platform. The hard bit is sticking to the plans - I get sidetracked by the events and races on Zwift.

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
I also think TR is by far the best training platform. The hard bit is sticking to the plans - I get sidetracked by the events and races on Zwift.

This is so true, I see you lot racing on Innsbruck etc and fancy a go, but know I must remain focused to build a base :sad:

Top Bottom