Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Breedon

Legendary Member
So, weighed myself this morning and I'm up to 82.7kg. Probably didn't help that I had a chinese takeaway for tea last night (first one in months, but it was well received!). For those who know WADA rules, I believe diuretics are banned but what about laxatives? Pop a few laxatives Friday and I could literally sh1t myself lighter for the Alpe ride on Saturday :rofl:

I'd only be looking to shed 1/2 kg of 'weight' for the ride, but folks at work say I'm so full of it maybe I could even lose more :tongue:
That's muscle :training:

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
So, all you guys moaning about going on holiday or working on catch up days may find that little old me with my withered right leg might just beat your combined times.:biggrin:
You should be ashamed of the quality of your excuses:whistle:
Beaten by a cripple and a fat bloke!! :biggrin:

* that is, beaten by you (the cripple) and me (the fat bloke). I wasn't suggesting that you are both the cripple and the fat bloke :whistle:

bridgy

Legendary Member
Was just looking at Phil Gaimon's attempt at the Strava KOM up Willunga Hill in Australia. He failed (wind wasn't kind apparently, and got the 25th best time by averaging 487 watts for 7 minutes 26 seconds. The TDU goes up there so he was competing with top world tour riders racing up there in a bunch, but their power figures are equally impressive - Robert Gesink averages 480 watts for a time of 7.05 (10th), but this is even more impressive when you consider he did that 3/4 of the way through a 136 mile stage with some big climbs behind and ahead of him.

480+ watts for 7 minutes!!! I can barely muster that for a 30 second sprint!

Having our own power figures on Zwift and being able to compare what we can do with what those guys are capable of makes me even more in awe of them - it's not often you can put the performances of elite athletes in such clear context with your own abilities

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
480+ watts for 7 minutes!!! I can barely muster that for a 30 second sprint!

These numbers are impressive at the end of as you say Paul a hard ride. But they are not so big that others cant get to them , albeit with much less pre fatigue.

My best climb power was last year after a winter of interval training, I held an average 394W for 7min52 seconds up the Volcano climb.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Signed up for the 3:15 3 lap volcano flat race today (37km). I know I should be resting my legs with gentle riding today due to stage 6 tomorrow and the Alpe, but I just can't resist a race :tongue: Only 14 C cat racers so far, and assuming 1/2 of these won't be on ZP I have a chance of a podium spot :hyper:

bobinski

Legendary Member
These numbers are impressive at the end of as you say Paul a hard ride. But they are not so big that others cant get to them , albeit with much less pre fatigue.

My best climb power was last year after a winter of interval training, I held an average 394W for 7min52 seconds up the Volcano climb.

A Fairy dust day ;)

bridgy

Legendary Member

That's impressive Andy. If you weighed the same as Jose Neves (probably something like 50kg I imagine!) that would get you the KOM up Cheddar Gorge - https://www.strava.com/activities/1818766273#45646835441(this was done on last year's Tour of Britain stage)

bridgy

Legendary Member
I watched @bridgy for a bit last night ...... he looked really relaxed on the climb. Hardly seemed to be trying ..... he'll take some beating on stage 6 :popcorn:
It was a 70-80% effort - tried a bit harder in the second half of the climb. Don't want to be too tired for Saturday ;)

Just under 3 minutes slower than my best time on the Neo which was done in the GCN race - hoping to beat that time on Saturday but I now know how much that is going to hurt!

Top Bottom