Zwift minimal cost

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Cant wait to give it a little go, ive just put new tyres on and worried its going to wear them out though.
Now i need a spare wheel and a training tyre 🙈🙈
Yeah don't use a road tyre. The smell alone will drive you nuts and that's before you notice the streak of burned rubber up your back and up the wall.

Tacx do decent turbo tyres.

OP
OP
gazza81

gazza81

Über Member
20200326_203001.jpg

Does anyone know how to centralize it?

Spartak

Powered by M&M's
What do i need when it comes to zwift?

Id like to get some more rides in during the week rather than just once on the weekend and limited time it could be a good idea and looks fun but i am broke and dont want to spend alot.

I have an elite volare bike trainer in the loft somewhere can that be used or would i need to buy something else?
Anything else i would need? I find it a bit confusing

Could i just buy this and be all set?
https://www.halfords.com/cycling/turbo-trainers/rollers/elite-novo-smart-turbo-trainer-461874.html

I bought one of these last week, its still in the box ready for the day when Boris bans cycling... 😕

Brusgaard

Über Guru
Yeah don't use a road tyre. The smell alone will drive you nuts and that's before you notice the streak of burned rubber up your back and up the wall.

Tacx do decent turbo tyres.
The one I recommended does not make a mess. The BKools have a metal roller, where as some other brands have a nylon/plastic roller. I tried the Schwalbe Insider, and it was no better than my worn Vredesteins but the Blue dust was very noticeable! In fact I was going “slower” using those special indoor tyres than the worn Vredesteins.

Last edited:

CXRAndy

Guru
Both side are wound right in!!!

If the left thread in the picture will not wind in further, then that is it with that bike. A disc brake bike has wider 135mm chain stays so will allow more adjustment. or a MTB 142mm. Last time I used a bkool, the alignment was off centre but not as much(135mm cyclo-cross bike)

OP
OP
gazza81

gazza81

Über Member
20200326_204936.jpg

I had to take the handle off to wind it in but its much better

OP
OP
gazza81

gazza81

Über Member
Thanks, i downloaded the tool kit and updated it.
Ive downloaded the simulator on laptop and it found the ant
Zwift on the other hand wont pick up anything from the laptop

Its picked it up now thanks guys!

Sure I'll have more questions 🙈😂

Last edited:
Top Bottom