Zwift minimal cost

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
gazza81

gazza81

Über Member
Right zwift on laptop found the trainer via ant but when i pedal i dont really go anywhere haha whats causing that?

Ive tried on my galaxy s9 and it will only connect via bluetooth to the simulator but zwift wont pick up anything via my phone!

Brusgaard

Über Guru
Right zwift on laptop found the trainer via ant but when i pedal i dont really go anywhere haha whats causing that?

Ive tried on my galaxy s9 and it will only connect via bluetooth to the simulator but zwift wont pick up anything via my phone!

Show us the pairing screen in Zwift on the PC. You have to use ANT+ FE-C on Zwift. Turn off Bluetooth on the PC to be sure.

The BKool’s Bluetooth only works with their own simulator.

Also, if you have used Zwift trial before and used up the free miles, you won’t go anywhere before paying...

Last edited:
OP
OP
gazza81

gazza81

Über Member
20200327_061313.jpg

Its connected, seems to be working.
I done a 1.2 mile tester and pressed upload to strava after i finished but its not on strava, any ideas?
In zwift settings it says its connected

Last edited:

Brusgaard

Über Guru
Show us the pairing screen in Zwift on the PC. You have to use ANT+ FE-C on Zwift. Turn off Bluetooth on the PC to be sure.

The BKool’s Bluetooth only works with their own simulator.
View attachment 510759

Its connected, seems to be working.
I done a 1.2 mile tester and pressed upload to strava after i finished but its not on strava, any ideas?
In zwift settings it says its connected

Yes the pairing is correct with FE-C. :okay:

Try opt out/in of Strava. That said, Strava (and other online services) has been quite busy these last two weeks, and things may be a bit slow or not working at all..

OP
OP
gazza81

gazza81

Über Member
Yes very true!

I thought maybe i need to complete a route before it will upload rather than just a 1 mile test ride

Thanks for the help everyone

OP
OP
gazza81

gazza81

Über Member
I done the greater london 8, about 15 miles with boxhill.
Was good, the hr went quick.
Nowhere near as hard as i would have found it in real life though! But good bit of exercise for when i cant get out 👍🏻

CXRAndy

Guru
Already done that, maybe im just not giving it enough welly lol
This could be the Bkool quirk.

Once you have started Zwift fully and gone through the setup page- unplug the power from the bkool turbo.

This usually resets the resistance to operate normally.

Riding on Zwift is a bit easier than real life, especially on turbos which dont have high gradient simulation (20%)

Its about power, just try to improve your average power over longer rides and peak power in races

OP
OP
gazza81

gazza81

Über Member
The bkool does go up to 20%

I set it up last yr but never got around to actually using it, from what i can see all i can do is add height and weight, cant really see any set up pages

Some of the climes were tough but i made it, i dont think i would make the boxhill climb in real life 😂

I think my power output is pretty poor, strava says avg during that ride was 114 🤷‍♂️

I ride flats too so guess that doesn't help with power

Last edited:

CXRAndy

Guru
The bkool does go up to 20%

It says it can, but it really maxes out around 10-11% and around 8% if you're big powerful rider.

All it means that once you reach the limit the resistance feels the same whether Zwift says 10% or 17%

When you set the difficulty to mid way it makes the hill feel like half gradient. This benefits the turbos with lower gradient simulation

Bear in mind its a £200 trainer, its not a £800+ Neo or Kickr

OP
OP
gazza81

gazza81

Über Member
Very true! 👍🏻

Up untill now i only get time for one ride a week on the weekends so hopefully now I'll be able to get an extra couple in during the week to help me push further and faster when i do go out on the weekend!

Think im going to try the ftp test tomorrow (the easy one)!

Been looking at some of the training plans which look really good but they call for 4/5 days a week, i dont think i could manage that time wise.

Last edited:
Top Bottom