Zwift minimal cost

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
gazza81

gazza81

Über Member
Looking at the training plans and although id like to try them most are 4 5 or 6 days a week!

Think I'll just aim for 2 30-60 min rides in the week

CXRAndy

Guru
Looking at the training plans and although id like to try them most are 4 5 or 6 days a week!

Think I'll just aim for 2 30-60 min rides in the week

You don't have to do all of them, especially in the early weeks and months, just build steady workload. Listen to your body and rest when tired.

Also given the Corona virus being around its recommended that gentle cardio workouts and not high intensity (HIT) sessions to protect against cardiomyopathy

OP
OP
gazza81

gazza81

Über Member
I was just wondering, am i able to use my phone as well? Its a galaxy s9
When i tried to connect it the other day it wouldnt find the trainer only the power and cadence
Screenshot_20200326-220234.jpg

That was bluetooth, ant wouldn't find anything but my phone is suposed to have it according to Google

Last edited:

CXRAndy

Guru
I was just wondering, am i able to use my phone as well? Its a galaxy s9
When i tried to connect it the other day it wouldnt find the trainer only the power and cadence
View attachment 511081

That was bluetooth

From memory Bkool dont follow the recognised industry standard Bluetooth protocols. They have their own which only works on their simulator nothing else

OP
OP
gazza81

gazza81

Über Member
From memory Bkool dont follow the recognised industry standard Bluetooth protocols. They have their own which only works on their simulator nothing else
Oh right, i think someone else might have already said that too but it makes more sence now ive had time to play with it.

Thats annoying but nevermind.

Thanks 👍🏻

Thinking of getting a heart rate strap too 😂 so much for keeping it cheap ay!

CXRAndy

Guru
Oh right, i think someone else might have already said that too but it makes more sence now ive had time to play with it.

Thats annoying but nevermind.

Thanks 👍🏻

Thinking of getting a heart rate strap too 😂 so much for keeping it cheap ay!

Wahoo Tickr is popular Bluetooth and Ant+. I have one:okay:

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
At the moment just concentrate on doing enough to maintain some form of regular exercise for fitness and health. Don’t worry about trying to get fitter right now. Just some kind of maintenance mode.
i was hoping to get 3-4 2 hour rides in a week to keep my totals ticking over . last week was a bust though so hoping if i feel ok to get out for a steady 20 ish miles

OP
OP
gazza81

gazza81

Über Member
i was hoping to get 3-4 2 hour rides in a week to keep my totals ticking over . last week was a bust though so hoping if i feel ok to get out for a steady 20 ish miles

I wish i could do that much, just dont have the time!
I squeeze in 3 kettlebell workouts for 30mins each before work then after work the house is a kids playground and if i dont help the mrs with kids, dinner, and kids bed time im in big trouble!
By the time kids go down its 830pm and im ready for bed too! 😂

OP
OP
gazza81

gazza81

Über Member

Im going to start this later, bit confused as the prep starts in about 7 hrs but also the week one starts at 7pm tonight? Should i just skip the prep workouts?

rivers

How far can I go?
So i just tried the ramp test!
My ftp is 168 🙈
I tapped out during the 220w, its going you should start feeling it now and im struggling for breath and my legs are on fire 😂
I hit an ftp of 171 on the short FTP test. I've just enrolled on the "Build me up" 12 week plan. My goal is to roll out with the mid-group 2 lot by the time club rides resume at the end of June (hopefully).

Top Bottom