Zwift minimal cost

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
gazza81

gazza81

Über Member
Yes that makes sense thanks for explaining!
So rather than hit these max FTP workouts I'll stick to longer higher cadence rides for a while.
😊

CXRAndy

Guru
Yes that makes sense thanks for explaining!
So rather than hit these max FTP workouts I'll stick to longer higher cadence rides for a while.
😊
Yes just build into it. I know you're time pressed, so do what you can:okay:

OP
OP
gazza81

gazza81

Über Member
Yeah 2 a week works well, one mid week one long ride on the weekend normally a sunday, ill probably try to get a cheeky ride sat mornings before the kids are up too but nothing crazy because of the sunday ride.

Thanks again you've been really helpful 👍🏻

CXRAndy

Guru
Yeah 2 a week works well, one mid week one long ride on the weekend normally a sunday, ill probably try to get a cheeky ride sat mornings before the kids are up too but nothing crazy because of the sunday ride.

Thanks again you've been really helpful 👍🏻
If you can shoehorn a few 30-45 min high cadence Z2 each week. They all help and being short enough not to spoil the next days ride

OP
OP
gazza81

gazza81

Über Member
Sorry another quick question, ive been thinking about the 2x20 workout and how hard it was, im sure im suposed to be able to spin at 85ish cadence with my max ftp yet i could only manage low 50s

I have the trainer set to 100% should i have it set at the defult 50% for workout mode? Maybe it wouldn't have been such a grind.

Or Do you guys just put it on 100% and leave it?

CXRAndy

Guru
Sorry another quick question, ive been thinking about the 2x20 workout and how hard it was, im sure im suposed to be able to spin at 85ish cadence with my max ftp yet i could only manage low 50s

I have the trainer set to 100% should i have it set at the defult 50% for workout mode? Maybe it wouldn't have been such a grind.

Or Do you guys just put it on 100% and leave it?

Were you on the smallest (easiest) gear on the bike?

If you post your recorded ride from Strava, we can see. Does it have HR too?

OP
OP
gazza81

gazza81

Über Member
Yeah smallest on the front chain ring, i think second from easiest on the rear.

CXRAndy

Guru
All the difficulty slider does, is move where you ride on the cassette.

Was this ERG mode you did the work out?

OP
OP
gazza81

gazza81

Über Member
I dont know i didnt check but i thought it automatically turns on in workout mode?
I mean it changed resistance during the 20min ftp so guess it was on.
I didnt change gears at all

CXRAndy

Guru
I dont know i didnt check but i thought it automatically turns on in workout mode?
I mean it changed resistance during the 20min ftp so guess it was on.
I didnt change gears at all

what is your max HR ?

What ftp figure did you get from the ftp test?

CXRAndy

Guru
Ive not tested max hr yet, going by online calculators (i know not accurate) its around 180-182

I got 168 on the test

I've looked on the laptop, easier to see workouts. I found you on Strava:whistle:

Looking at your recent ride you hit 156 bpm for the climb- That will have to be your max HR, unless proven otherwise.

The 2*20 was in erg mode. with an ave 136 bpm for both intervals.

If you are unable to maintain a cadence of 85 rpm at around 136 bpm you need a fair bit of riding at lower intensities but with higher cadence to build up your cardio side. It may be you're a grinder(low cadence), which is fine, but it wont bring on your overall fitness- there is only so much force you can push through the pedals for so long.

Do a free ride on a flat-ish course like Tempest fugit or Richmond, set difficulty slider to around 10-15%. This will flatten all the hills to lower gradients.

Ride for 1 hour at around 85rpm with a HR monitor and report back. keep coming down the gears to achieve the rpm level

I'm not interested in what power, more you can hold this cadence at lower intensity.

Get you HR to around mid 130s for some of the ride and try for a 10 min period to get to mid 140s at 85rpm.

OP
OP
gazza81

gazza81

Über Member
Haha ok thanks i will try it, maybe later today.

I think the hill climb at 156 i wasn't going all out though, might go out Wednesday theres a couple of steep hills local and go up them all out.

I definitely feel like i prefer to grind rather than high cadence, i also think your right about the cardio side, i dont think i could hold 85 for 1hr! But i will give it ago!

Top Bottom