100 mile fixed gear ride - Spring 2014

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I would be interested if it's not too much of a haul driving there and back.
Blimey colly, every weekend for the past 9 weeks we have been driving further than that to race up hills that only take a few minutes, bonkers, yes I know but a hundred mile fixed ride is worth travelling for and Dave will testify to the riding quality around these parts.
I think the ride should probably be done in Spring though when daylight is a bit longer.

D

Deleted member 1258

Blimey colly, every weekend for the past 9 weeks we have been driving further than that to race up hills that only take a few minutes, bonkers, yes I know but a hundred mile fixed ride is worth travelling for and Dave will testify to the riding quality around these parts.
I think the ride should probably be done in Spring though when daylight is a bit longer.

A spring ride sounds good

colly

Re member eR

^_^ I don't know where you are. Besides riding 100 miles is good, driving 100 miles is a real dog.

jazzkat

Fixed wheel fanatic.
Rutlandshire in the spring? I've got relatives in Melton so I could crash out there.
I'd be up for it. Put my name down:hyper:

stevevw

Guru
Now I am having a year off of doing stupid long rides a 100 fixed sounds like fun. Just building up a winter fixed so will be ready when you are, mudguards and dynamo lights of course.

Another ride option would be the Double Dutch 200km Audax out of Huntingdon up to the Wash, Spalding and back to Huntingdon 125ish flat miles. I have ridden this three times geared and every time wished I was on the cog.

Reactions: 4F
Bump, just because really, that and I enjoy planning routes. How cool would it be having a load of fixed riders doing the ton [as in distance, damn that would be some cadence], could well be a first on CC, wonder how many we can get? Interest so far:
4F
colly
jazzkat
stevevw
dave r
dr_pink
Self

7 already!
Now I am having a year off of doing stupid long rides a 100 fixed sounds like fun. Just building up a winter fixed so will be ready when you are, mudguards and dynamo lights of course.

Another ride option would be the Double Dutch 200km Audax out of Huntingdon up to the Wash, Spalding and back to Huntingdon 125ish flat miles. I have ridden this three times geared and every time wished I was on the cog.
Know this area very well, if you thought that was nice you really are in for a treat.

OP
OP
Norry1

Norry1

Legendary Member
I believe RobGul was also interested.

I can probably transport a couple of riders from my neck of the woods.

Top Bottom