A thank you from the gaffer :)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ern1e

Über Member
Hi and thats also a huge thanks from me @Shaun , this is now like a second home and full of nice friendly folks.

jay clock

Massive member
I can't even remember why C+ went wrong, but I do remember being told I was not allowed to post links. Not sure when I joined CC but it was very soon after the beginning
huge thanks to Shaun

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
It's a great friendly forum, visit pretty much every day and have done for 2.5 years now :thumbsup:
I second that :smile:. I used to frequent two Australian forums, but found them to be too negative and with too much in-fighting. CycleChat is much more positive and friendly, and I enjoy chatting with you all.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
On a personal note, I wouldn't have met a fair few folk in real life without this place, and they are as 'sound as a pound'.

I could name loads, but things like being invited to a wedding was like 'WOW' and seeing another member find a new partner and have children over this period is like - WOOOOOO !! ^_^ (no names but you two know who you are !!!)

And seeing other folk regular on the commute, and going for a spin with other members and their kids getting muddy ..... felt a bit weird at first, but that's how you meet folk.... Internet works very well some times..

Some cracking folk out there, and I'm really happy to help folk out with spares. Forgot one of our members was at the track meeting recently, and he said hello and thanks - cheers... I was a bit busy monitoring my lads bloods to interact with the folks sometimes...

Love it....

Even though it's a bit geaky, my wife keeps saying, YOU NEED TO SWAP NUMBERS with this lot - beer, food, and let the kids play on bikes !!

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
yeah, over 6 years now - can't believe I've wasted that much of my life!
But equally I've learnt so much, from lorries, bike fixing, somewhere to vent the frustrations of the day, or share the joy of seeing other people on their bikes (so worth that wasted time).

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I'm not going to start listing all the CC members that I have ridden with over the past 7 years because I have lost count! I'm sure it is over 100 now, but I lost track at about 70. With very few exceptions, you have been lovely people and I enjoyed the rides with you even though I was not really fit enough to tackle half of them! So, yes - thanks Shaun for providing the forum which makes these rides possible. [Hint - two more are coming up soon ... one on May 10th and one on June 7th! :thumbsup:]

D

Deleted member 1258

I came in around Xmas 2007 and have been spending far too much time here ever since, I've met some lovely people and ridden in places I wouldn't have without this place, I've also learnt a lot. Thanks to Shaun for all his good work

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
7 April 2009 was when I registered- can't remember when I first looked in. I still go to BR (it's fairly tribal over there- Commuting bunch are pretty nice for the most part, though I know what some mean about the roadies...) and YACF most days, and a few other fora, but this is where I do the bulk of my posting.
Thanks for all the hard work Shaun!

For me it's more about actually meeting the people I interact with on the forum. In this dr_pink and I have been fortunate in meeting up on forum rides with some good people. We often travel fair distances to do forum rides, @ColinJ and @fossyant being 2 obvious examples. One of the members frequently comes down to stay with us from Lancashire and we do the same.
We are extremely fortunate as to where we live as regards cycling so we try to run forum rides a couple of times per year. Unfortunately there are fewer forum members in this part of the world, but it is worth the trip if you have never been here before.
Lots more folk still to meet I reckon.
PS Some of the post counts for those who haven't been on long are incredible!

Top Bottom